Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
The Secrets of a Fulfilling and Enjoyable Retirement Plan with Gary Sirak
Perhaps the most common misconception about retirement is looking at it as a finish line when it is more like a pit stop. To Gary Sirak, our guest today, our working life is like climbing a mountain - you get to the top, plant your flag, sit back on a chair to enjoy a cold beer, and then you realize, wait a minute! I still have years to live! What am I going to do now?
Gary Sirak is a Speaker, Financial Advisor, and published Author of three books, including the best-selling "How To Retire and Not Die." Gary is the President of Sirak Financial Services - whose mission has been and always will be to protect, preserve, and prosper their clients and help them achieve the American Dream.
In this episode, we talk about what differentiates Gary from the rest of the financial advisors, the highlights of his latest book, and "the 3 Ps" system to ensure a fulfilling retirement. We also go through the dangers of retiring without knowing how our life will look after, the social interaction we get from work, the retirement mindset, and much more.
Tune in to Episode 110 of Rejuvenaging, to learn how a healthy and fulfilling retirement plan should look like.
Some Questions I Ask:
- When you talk about focusing on things other than money, what are these other things? (7:01)
- How should a person decide whether they should retire or when to retire? (13:26)
- What should a perfect retirement look like? (16:10)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Putting together a plan that makes sense and is achievable (9:36)
- The magic of celebrating our days and keeping ourselves accountable (12:14)
- The retirement mindset and how it can help us (21:55)
- Putting together your wish list (27:08)
- Book: Gary Sirak - How To Retire and Not Die: The 3 Ps That Will Keep You Young
- Book: Gary Sirak - The American Dream: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Results
- Book: Gary Sirak - If Your Money Talked: What Secrets Would It Tell?
Connect with Gary:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place