Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
The Happiness Hacker: How to Reclaim Your Worth
There’s so many things that happen in our life that contribute to who we are and who we become – and the series of choices that we make take us down the path we’re on. Therefore, we are responsible for our part in the outcome.
At the end of the day, we all just want to be happy, and learning how to make the best choices and leverage them to find happiness is crucial for our wellbeing. One element that helps us make the best decisions is our capacity of not giving our worth away – and in this special episode, my guest is going to teach us how to master the ability to keep our self-worth along the way.
Alison Donaghey is a happiness hacker and she believes that worthiness is the foundation of everything that we do. We can connect with our worth internally and have a strong foundation in life, or we can connect with it externally and have a foundation that she says, “Is built on sand”.
Life is truly more remarkable when we can learn to reclaim the worth we were born with. Some people may have a hard time being in touch with it, and Alison is the go-to person when it comes to this. She has a background in psychology, criminology, sociology, and probably more important she was a single mom on welfare when she started her business and developed it to the point where she has a tremendous following.
Listen to Episode 50 of Rejuvenaging, to learn the ways in which you can reclaim your worth, a birthright that has a tremendous influence on your ability to thrive in your personal life, as well as in your career.
Some questions I ask:
- For those who don’t know you yet, how did you get to be who you are? (07:30)
- What makes you different? (13:05)
- Is it easier for somebody to reclaim their worth if they’ve had it taken away from them later on, than if they grew up in a household where they were demeaned from the beginning? (15:14)
- What advice do you have for people that lost their self-worth during this pandemic? (17:20)
- When do people realize that they need your program? What are they experiencing? (27:29)
- Where did the name of your website – dominothinking.com – come from? (30:16)
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Alison understood and came to the realization that taking ownership of her life was the only thing that would help her move forward. (10:02)
- The ways in which people try to get their external worth & How that stops them from being happy. (13:25)
- How Alison’s painting company empowers people to make their own informed choices. (14:27)
- A simple hack that helps you reclaim your worth. (16:36)
- How to figure out your shining light. (21:27)
- The importance of staying in your own lane when it comes to choices. (22:42)
- What Alison’s ‘Reclaim Your Worth’ Program can do for you. (25:53)
Connect with Alison:
- ‘Reclaim Your Worth’ Program
- Domino Thinking Podcast
- The Alison Donaghey Show
- Book: Think Opposite: Using the Domino Effect to Change Your Business, Change the world
- Facebook Page
- Book: Victor Frankl - Man’s Search for Meaning
- Book: Dr. Edith Eva Eger – The Choice: Embrace the Possible
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser - Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place