Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Taking Our Brain for a Walk into Scary Places with Richard Friesen
There have been cultural changes regarding money and wealth; somehow, we've created this idea of a lot of money concentrated in a few people's hands that don't deserve it. Wealth distribution is unfair, there's no doubt about it, and it motivated the appearance of trends like "Tax the rich" or "Eat the rich." But it also created a false sense that it is wrong to be wealthy, regardless, and as a society, we've internalized a mantra that, at the end of the day, stops us from going out there and deliver value and be wealthy.
In this episode, we have an unusual yet fantastic guest, Richard Friesen, Founder and CEO of Mind Muscles Inc, and Advisory Board Member at MarketPsy Capital. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy from Wheaton College, Illinois, a Master's Degree in Psychology from Lone Mt. College, San Francisco, and a Certified Individual and Group Therapist. Richard recently became a Certified NLP Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming from NLP Marin.
In the middle of a peaceful night, Richard heard a voice talking to him. After hearing that voice, Richard would step into the self he needed to get the life he wanted. His life changed, and after that episode, he's been dedicated to provoking that change, intentionally, in others. We had an inspiring conversation about wealth creation, the pursuit for happiness, acceptance, the importance of being mentally prepared for different scenarios, and much more.
Tune in to Episode 81 of Rejuvenaging, and listen to Richard's great perspective of happiness, success, self-boycott, and internalizing a positive outlook.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What is the concept of mind muscles? And what is the Mind Muscles Academy? (4:08)
- What advice do you have for people, just in terms of self-examination and building the mindset? (10:04)
- Why do so many people have a problem with money? (16:21)
- I've known many people who had a lot of money and they looked unhappy. Why do you think that happens? (20:03)
- Is there something that a conscientious parent of young adults can do to help them process all this stuff? (35:40)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Stepping in the spot of the toughest guy. Growing is an uncomfortable process (6:33)
- Survival mechanism doesn't care about happiness (12:45)
- We are unaware of most of our self-inflicted limitations (15:36)
- Happiness can only happen now and here (21:06)
- The importance of being mentally prepared for any future scenario (30:38)
Connect with Richard:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: email@example.com
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place