Keeping Positive While Talking to the Media with Throughline Group’s Brad Phillips
In This Episode…
We talk with Brad Phillips, he is the CEO of Throughline Group and media and media training. We discuss ways to deliver data, how to keep positive when the question seems negative, and how to train your mind to be positive during an interview.
● [00:48] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
● [01:38] What are some of the written and unwritten rules working with the media?
● [04:27] How do you get clients prepared for the difficult mediums of media?
● [07:15] Do you think in 2020 that preparing clients to go live on their stream?
● [08:38] Are there any ways of accurately avoiding tricks form reporters?
● [11:44] How do you turn a negative question into a positive answer?
● [14:08] How do you train someone to understand their verbal cues and make sure they convey a positive message?
● [16:42] Most media training is about training the mind to be positive?
● [18:32] How do you identify your target audience?
● [21:01] How do you deliver a message that is impactful to your audience?
● [22:38] How can you site data that is compelling when talking to the press?
● [24:38] If you could media train anybody in history, who would you train?
● [26:34] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Brad Phillips was our guest today. Learn more about ThroughLine Group.
Episode Length: 28:24
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
● If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!