How to Craft the Right Messaging for Cybersecurity with Zadara’s Lauren Koszarek
In This Episode…
We talk with Zadara’s Vice President of Communications Lauren Koszarek about everything you need to know about cybersecurity. It’s a great episode giving PR pros tips and tricks to craft better messaging around these topics and how to better protect the company PR pros work for.
● [01:00] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
● [01:10] Any favorite ones (coffee)?
● [01:25] What are your most interesting stories in the cybersecurity industry?
● [02:54] You mentioned “black hats,” are there different kinds of “hats?”
● [03:51] Where do you PR pros fall short when it comes to crafting messaging around cybersecurity?
● [05:46] Are there ways PR pros can build that trust?
● [07:06] Has crafting better messaging around cybersecurity is the cause of high profile data breaches?
● [08:20] How can PR pros make a compelling story without being boring?
● [09:40] How can PR pros make compelling stories with influencers in the cybersecurity industry?
● [10:27] Is it different working with hackers as influencers than any other industry?
● [11:17] Do you have tips for PR pros to write a better crisis plan for cybersecurity?
● [14:10] How can brands educate their customers better about how they are protecting their data?
● [15:29] How can small e-commerce sites message to their customers on how they are protecting customer’s data?
● [16:58] How do PR pros educate their employees about cybersecurity?
● [18:26] For PR teams what are some best practices to better protect social media accounts?
● [19:41] Who is your favorite tech inventor/hacker?
● [20:19] Final thoughts?
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Lauren Koszarek was our guest today. Learn more about Zadara.
Episode Length: 22:19
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
● If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!