Discussing How the PR Field is Changing with Ron Culp
In This Episode…
This episode of PR 360 we get to talk to Ron Culp. He is pracademic and had a great career leading several Fortune 500 companies communication teams and initiatives. We talk about crisis comm, podcasting, and live streaming for businesses, universities transitioning to digital, and more!
● [01:05] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
● [02:56] How hard was it to make a transition from reporter to a PR pro?
● [04:40] What was the secret behind your most successful campaign?
● [07:07] Having a limited budget did that help train yourself to work with what you have?
● [08:24] How have universities kept up with the PR industry?
● [09:40] Are there some weaknesses that universities and professors have when it comes to teaching the next generation of PR pros?
● [10:40] Could using online learning be a tool to help students use live streaming professionally?
● [14:37] What are some mistakes leaders make when creating the messaging strategy?
● [18:28] What are some of the most important metrics that senior management should care about?
● [19:41] Has podcasting and live streaming changed the way that PR pros communicate to their customers?
● [20:36] Has recent events changed the way PR pros message to their customers?
● [23:21] Could there be a bigger push for employee influencers?
● [25:21] Has there been a negative aspect of doing online meetings and has it damaged relationships for PR pros?
● [27:41] Is there a bigger need for crisis comm because of the recent events?
● [29:03] What changes do you want to see in the PR industry?
● [30:33] What advice do you have for students wanting to get into the PR field?
● [31:31] Final thoughts?
People, Games, and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Ron Culp was our guest today.
Episode Length: 32:41
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
● If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!