Season 9 Ep. 9: Diabetes & Mental Health ft. Dr. Mark Heyman
In season 9 episode 9, Emily speaks with Mark Heyman, Ph.D., CDCES, author of Diabetes Sucks And You Can Handle It, and CEO of the Center for Diabetes and Mental Health, about the mental weight of living with type 1 diabetes, and how his new book addresses these stressors.
View all episodes
3. Season 10 Ep. 3: What’s Next for Dex(com)? ft. Teri Lawver25:08In Season 10 Episode 3, Emily and Christie discuss the future of Dexcom with Teri Lawver, EVP, CCO of Dexcom, and the continuous glucose monitor (CGM) company’s interesting new initiatives for those with type 2 diabetes and beyond.
2. Season 10 Ep. 2: Dexcom G7 vs. Freestyle Libre 331:25On Season 10 Episode 2, Emily tells Miriam about her experience with the Dexcom G7 and how it compares to her time using the Freestlye Libre 3 continuous glucose monitors.
1. Season 10 Ep. 1: New Season, New(ish) Baby, Same Diabetes33:08On season 10 episode 1, Emily and Miriam chat diabetes burn out, postpartum life for Miriam, and how they’re managing their diabetes these days.
15. Season 9 Ep. 15: Pro Basketball & T1D ft. Lauren Cox35:52In season 9 episode 15, Emily speaks with professional basketball player Lauren Cox about managing type 1 diabetes while playing basketball professionally, and overseas.
14. Season 9 Ep. 14: Third-Trimester Check-In With Christie43:59In Season 9 Episode 14, Christie tells Emily about her third trimester and recounts being shamed in a birthing class for being diabetic—Emily talks about her COVID recovery.
13. Season 9 Ep. 13: Creating Resources for T1ds ft. Christina Roth-Sleeper38:24In season 9 episode 13, Emily speaks with Christina Roth-Sleeper, the founder of Diabetes Link, former College Diabetes Network, to discuss resources for type 1 diabetics, going into a career focusing on diabetes, and how you can get involved.
12. Season 9 Ep. 12: Having a Roommate as a Type 1 Diabetic44:15On Season 9 Episode 12, Emily and Christie discuss tips and tricks to living with others as a type 1 diabetic, including roommates and partners.
11. Season 9 Ep. 11: Freestyling With Libre 341:44On season 9 episode 11, Christie asks Emily about testing out the newest iteration of Abbott’s continuous glucose monitoring system—the Freestyle Libre 3—and talks about how it compares to the Dexcom G6.
10. Season 9 Ep. 10: Miriam on Type 1 Pregnancy & Christie's Big News50:09In season 9 episode 10, Miriam shares insights into her pregnancy with type 1 diabetes—with tips for each trimester—and Christie shares some big life news of her own.