How to tackle difficult Conversations
As business owners we have tricky conversations from time to time with people within our organisation. Many of us remember difficult situations where we did our upmost to please the people involved as well as trying to do what is best for the company.
But how do you decide how to deal with it, and can you really keep everyone happy?
Joining OBS Radio host, Zoe Hanson to tackling this interesting subject are Old Bond Store members Adam Myers, Head of HR Consulting at Stellamar & Ross Breckenridge, Managing Director of Breckenridge, the Growth Agency.
Plus we hear from Membership Manager, Sara Merriman on what is happening at Old Bond Store in April.
View all episodes
24. The Importance of Building a Healthy Sales Pipeline.30:15A good sales pipeline is imperative in business, but how do you build it up to the level you need? Join OBS Radio Host, Zoe Hanson and Your Lead Machine Co-Founder, and OBS Member, Drew Patel, to pick up the best tips for generating more clients and developing long lasting customer relationships.Plus we hear from OBS Membership Manager, Sara Merriman about all the exciting things happening at Old Bond Store in March.
23. The Importance of Storytelling in Business29:55If you want your business to be seen as authentic, then the ability to tell a compelling story is essential. But how do you choose the stories that deserve to be heard? Join OBS Radio host, Zoe Hanson in the latest episode of OBS Radio, where she enjoys a compelling conversation with Lawrence Bath, an OBS Member and self-proclaimed Chief Story Officer, and we delve into the significance of the 'CSO', and understand the pivotal role it plays in preserving authenticity. Discover the narratives that truly resonate, as Lawrence sheds light on the criteria for an engaging story, and how to unlock a genuine connection with your audience. And that's not all, we hear from from OBS Membership Manager, Sara Merriman, providing a sneak peek into the upcoming events and developments at OBS in February.
22. Navigating Philanthropy - The Business of Running a Charity32:42Navigating Philanthropy: Insights and Strategies from thriving local charities. Uncover the art and benefit of effective giving – from fundraising to impact measurement. Join us as we explore the business side of running a successful charity. Joining OBS Radio host, Zoe Hanson are members, Debbie Moreton, CEO of Step by Step Partnership (www.stepbystep.org.uk), and Neil Lewis CEO of Maverick Minds & Tiny Toes Nursery (www.maverickminds.uk, tinytoesdaynursery.com)
21. What's the Best Piece of Business Advice you've been given?11:57ADVICE - Usually easy to give and sometimes difficult to take, but few will argue it forms the foundation of business decision making. With Old Bond Store a daily hive of knowledge sharing, what advice seems to have resonated with the community and has aided recent growth? OBS Radio host Zoe Hanson is joined in this brilliant episode by members, Alex Hurn, Zoie Golding MBE, Xavier Fiddes, Lawrence Bath, Sally Golden, and Donovan Long. Plus we hear from Membership Manager, Sara Merriman on what is happening during the festive month of December.
18. The Business of English Wine - How far has it really come?24:17Indulge your senses and escape to the interesting business world of English Sparkling Wine, courtesy of our resident wine expert and OBS member, Bex Fisher of Hattingley Valley.Join us as we uncork the secrets behind this award winning vineyard and we learn more about the story, the strategy, the process, and the magic that makes this producer a partner of choice for British Airways and Waitrose.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?18:44Does anyone actually live up to their childhood ambitions? Did you want to drive a tractor and are now a farmer? Did you love lego and now work in construction? Did you once dress up Barbie dolls and are now a stylist to the stars? A fun episode where we hear from Old Bond Store members, Bex Fisher, Chris Schutrups, Graham Bell, Mikaela Jubb, Lee Harris, Ross Breckenridge, Jess Flemming, and Richard Allen about what they wanted to be when they grew up.Plus we hear from Membership Manager, Sara Merriman on what is happening at OBS in October.
18. How do you close a business?23:08There's lots to think about when it comes to exiting your business, so when should it become part of the decision-making process and what should you have in place before closing the door or selling up? Joining host, Zoe Hanson is member and serial investor, Darren Jacobs, CEO of TOCA Group, and member and growth advisor, Steve Jones, Managing Director of Skills for Business Training. Plus, we hear OBS Membership Manager Sara Merriman on what is an exceptionally busy month of events in September at Old Bond Store.
17. Why you should push yourself?24:30Henri Ghijben believes every entrepreneur should push themselves to speak up, but why is this important? Is failure part of success and you can't have one without the other?He learnt the hard way and brings his honest and open story to OBS Radio, with host, Zoe Hanson asking some tough and thought provoking questions.Plus we hear from Membership Manager Sara Merriman on the exciting things happening at Old Bond Store in August.
16. What's the buzz about AI and how can I use it?26:58Everyone's talking about it, everyone's using it, or so it seems. AI could affect our businesses and our lives in a big way, so how can you use it effectively? We talk to OBS member Nathan James, Founder and Owner of Peach Loves Digital and get his take on the difference between artificial and real intelligence.