More Than Corporate
096: Living a Regret Free Life with Travis Chappell
Travis Chappell has made it his mission to help a million people cultivate genuine relationships the right way.
He has found that there are two types of people: 1.) Those who think they are networking properly, but are actually really annoying everyone they come in contact with by barfing their elevator pitch, throwing a business card or five in your face, and moving on to the next person (I call that person Networking Ned) and 2.) Those who hate Networking Ned so much that they avoid the practice altogether, for fear of becoming that person.
After publishing over 400 episodes of his show, Build Your Network, Travis has picked up on a few secret techniques and strategies that will help you ditch the fear of networking, avoid becoming Networking Ned, and build genuine relationships that will unlock the next level in your life.
On This Episode:
- Travis talks about growing up in a tight knit religious bubble, where he committed to full time ministry at 12. He reflects on the fact that he never had anyone second guess that question.
- Hear how Travis decided to pursue sales instead of ministry.
- Learn the genesis of Build Your Network and World Class.
- Hear the lessons about success that Travis learned from door-to-door sales.
- “Success is a combination of fulfillment and happiness.”
- “In the absence of clarity take action.”
- “Learn to fear regret more than you fear failure.”
Connect with other incredible people looking to break out of the corporate mindset by joining the More Than Corporate Facebook group: http://bit.ly/2MuWn53