Mental Health and You
13. The Stepping Back Safely pilot24:26Warning - this episode contains discussion on the topic of self-harm and suicide We're joined by Catherine and Jamie who discuss their new pilot, which is made to support parents and carers whose young people are at risk of suicide or self-harm. If you would like to support the team with the project, contact them on Steppingbacksafely@nsft.nhs.uk Learn more about the CAIST team here Service details | Norfolk and Suffolk NHS (nsft.nhs.uk)
12. Volunteering at NSFT20:14Today we're joined by Sarah and Andrea who share a bit about some of the volunteering roles at NSFT, registering your interest for volunteering roles, the support available to our volunteers, why people volunteer a bit more about the volunteering process and more! Learn more about volunteering: Volunteers | Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Contact Sarah by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Building Resilience: making the most of the holidays37:31This episode considers what parents and carers can do to support the building of resilience in the holidays. Conversations with Linda Brindle (Senior Psychotherapist) and Dr Kelsey Odgers (Clinical Psychologist) cover the opportunities that come with trying new things, the benefits of peer connection and ways to support children and young people with uncertainty. Consideration is given to how young people can be prepared for change including supporting a child’s return to school after a break. Sign-up to future Psychology in Schools workshops here: Psychology in Schools Team - NSFT Events | EventbriteYou can their Building Resilience workshops here: Parent workshops | Norfolk and Suffolk NHS (nsft.nhs.uk)
10. The Researching Together Network11:28Donna and Kate discuss Kate's new role as a community engagement officer in Research, who our research team works with, how we can all bring research to the local community, future goals and a QandA session on the Researching Together Network. Contact the team by emailing: Research2gether@nsft.nhs.uk or visit https://www.nsft.nhs.uk/researching-together-network to find out more.
9. Leaving the Armed Forces and Mental Health34:15*Trigger warning: This episode contains discussion on the subject of suicide* We’re joined by Wayne, Keith, Dave and Mick who discuss their experiences of transitioning into civilian society, the difficulties this has brought, the support the team provide and the group have accessed, the importance of the NSFT Veteran’s wellbeing group and more. Information on Op Courage can be viewed here: Service details | Norfolk and Suffolk NHS (nsft.nhs.uk)Information if you are experiencing a mental health crisis Help in a crisis | Norfolk and Suffolk NHS (nsft.nhs.uk)Information on the Veteran’s wellbeing support group: https://www.nsft.nhs.uk/currentopportunitiestogetinvolved#:~:text=r/HSEfWeW0Sp.-,Veteran%27s%20wellbeing%20support%20group,-Our%20Veteran%27s%20wellbeing
8. Disabilities and mental health29:45This week we're joined by the Particip8 team, who discuss mental health and disability, sharing the effects that different types of disabilities can have on mental health, as well as some misconceptions of how they can affect each other.
7. How do parents support their children and teenagers with social media33:05Today we're joined by the Psychology in Schools team, as Beth, Emily and Faye discuss social media and mental health and how parents and carers can support their children with the difficult aspects of social media.Learn more about the team here: Search | Norfolk and Suffolk NHS (nsft.nhs.uk)Look at parent workshops, made by the Psychology in Schools team here: Parent workshops | Norfolk and Suffolk NHS (nsft.nhs.uk)
6. Co-production in the Rehabilitation team24:57This week, we’re joined by Vicki (AHP Rehab Lead), Annabel (NSFT Service User and volunteer) and Lily-Rose (Annabel’s dog!). The team share the work they're doing together to support service users, REST and more!
5. What is people participation?18:27Today we're joined by Laura, Andrea and Service User Alistair, who discuss: what is participation? Alistair's experience of participation, how the participation team work, some of the benefits of participation and more. If you want to get involved with participation at NSFT, simply email email@example.com or visit https://www.nsft.nhs.uk/participation to find out more.