Corl with Sam Kawtharani (CEO) | E52
Jason Pereira, award-winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, explores a royalty lending model with Sam Kawtharani, CEO of Corl. Corl is a company targeting the lending space with a new royalty model. They look for cash-heavy, asset-light companies to invest in with their model. On top of lending, Corl is moving the needle in business analytics and Security Token trading.
● :30 - Corl is a business that helps business raise funds through a royalty model and blockchain
● 3:00 - How Corl is helping more businesses get access to capital in the lending space
● 6:00 - As long as the buyer can breakeven with the top royalty, it is still a cheaper option than other equity options
● 8:44 - Some founders have had a hard time wrapping their head around the new funding method
● 9:05 - Many companies participating are the ones that aren’t quite ready for venture capitalists. The other sides are the companies ready for venture capitalists but want to bootstrap the business and have cash injections from lenders.
● 10:03 - This plan could be very helpful for people in the services business
● 10:21 - Corl Perfect fit: Cash-heavy, asset-light businesses
● 15:50 - Corl is not just offering capital but also insights for the businesses
● 19:00 - How Corl is able to collect data and use it to provide an advantage
● 22:00 - Corl uses security tokens to exchange. They have been working with regulators on a security token for a long time. It is an approach to exchange in cryptocurrency.
● 24:00 - There are many exchanges down the road who will be supporting security tokens
● 24:30 - In the future, every security could be a token
● 27:44 - Sam sees a need for regulations to change especially the differences in each country.
3 Key Points:
1. Corl is enabling more companies to get funding.
2. Corl is a royalty based model lending company that enables cash-heavy, asset light
companies to find funding.
3. Corl is changing the game in investing not only on the lending side but also by offering
their own security as a security token.
- “What do you want ownership or do you want to keep cash?.” –Sam
- “Our model is a perfect fit for cash-heavy, asset-light companies.” – Sam
- “Any business with a consistent source of revenue on a monthly basis is a good fit.” –Sam
● The Fintech Impact Podcast
● Itunes to access the podcast
● Refer to Jason Pereira ́s Linkedin for Information about the Fintech event