1. Digital transformation dialogues: Episode 123:54Seasoned entrepreneur James Herbert talks to Alan Brown, Professor in Digital Economy, about his career in software, technology and data and the current landscape of technology services businessesIn a new podcast miniseries, join Professor Alan Brown in conversation with a panel of experts, as they unravel the complex threads of technology, finance and sustainability, offering insightful perspectives and thought-provoking discussions that will leave you inspired and informed. In this first episode, Alan talks to James Herbert, CEO of Pivotl, a seasoned entrepreneur specializing in scaling modern software and technology services businesses. Explore his journey from playing a leading role in significant data and technology initiatives in the UK government, to co-founding The Panoply (now TPXimpact), a company that now boasts over 600 employees and serves clients across diverse sectors. Learn how James's entrepreneurial spirit has shaped the landscape of technology services.This podcast miniseries is created by the Defence Data Research Centre (DDRC), a research consortium bringing together expertise in data science, computer science, and social science to improve the use of data in the defence community. The consortium is led by the University of Exeter, supported by the Universities of Liverpool and Surrey, the Digital Catapult and the Defence AI Centre.
View all episodes
4. How do you banish the Sunday Night Blues?20:31How do you banish the Sunday Night Blues? We talk to Professor Ilke Inceoglu and colleagues Kirstin Furber, People Director at Channel 4 and Paul Devoy, CEO at Investors in People about their ongoing research and what individuals and organisations can do to address this problem.
3. The place of sustainability in business schools12:28What role do business schools play in helping address climate change and biodiversity loss – Laura Colombo and Onna Van Den Broek discuss current efforts and what more the business education sector needs to do.
2. The Power of Networking17:56Professor Stefano Tasselli offers key advice on how to build an effective professional network.Keep up-to-date with the latest articles from Exeter Expertise.
1. The AI Revolution: the five key trends impacting our lives and careers15:08Professor Alan Brown discusses the implications of AI technology such as ChatGPT and presents the key trends that are changing the way we live and work.Keep up-to-date with the latest articles from Exeter Expertise.
6. Why the public sector urgently needs to embrace society’s digital transformation15:03Professor Mark Thompson, a Professor of Digital Economy in INDEX (Initiative for the Digital Economy), discusses how the public sector can be more effective and efficient by seizing the opportunities of digitalisation.Keep up-to-date with the latest articles from Exeter Expertise.
5. Strategic Leadership Systems14:29Dr Michelle Mahdon and Professor Kristin Cullen Lester discuss why organisations need a clearer understanding of internal networks.Keep up-to-date with the latest articles from Exeter Expertise.