D4B Debates - Panel Discussions on the coup in Burma
D4B Debates - No 1 - Background to the Burma Coup
This is the first of four D4B podcasts that make up the D4B Debates that will help you unpack the coup in Burma.
In this episode, the host Shane Brady engages three distinguished panellists in a discussion on Myanmar’s history, Myanmar’s democratic transition, the failed coup and the way forward.
The podcast format:
- The discussion begins with a brief introduction of each of the panel members.
- For each of the two parts of the discussion, panel members are asked to make a brief (5 mins) statement of their views on the topics at hand.
- Statements will be followed up with specific questions.
Introduction by Geoff Cohn OAM - Co-Founder of the Democracy for Burma campaign & Founder of the Myanmar Eye Care Project
Podcast Host: Shane Brady - Co-Founder of Democracy for Burma campaign & International Humanitarian Specialist
- Dr Susan Banki - The University of Sydney
- Thein Moe Win - Burmese Muslim Association (NSW)
- Jessica Mudditt - Author of 'Our Home in Myanmar'
Duration: Approx 1 hour 48 minutes
Democracy for Burma campaign information can be found here: www.democracyforburma.com.au