Craggy Rugby podcast
Finally, We beat the Blues - Connacht 36 Cardiff 31 - Craggy Rugby podcast
Episode 3 reviews game 3 for Connacht and a 36-31 win over Cardiff at the Sportsground on Saturday evening, Alan Deegan and William Davies kick the show off by taking you through a fairly hectic nine try game. Then host Rob Murphy and guests Dave Finn and Galway Advertiser sports editor Linley McKenzie join the pod for a full review. We also hear from Connacht Head Coach Pat Lam.
View all episodes
1. Rugby World Cup 2023 preview01:37:32The Craggy Crew were the main panelists for the Galway Bay FM Sports preview of the RWC 2023 and in an extended podcast they are joined by Tom English of BBC Scotland, Brendan Nell a South African rugby journalist and an Galway man who has been living in New Zealand for over 30 years Oliver Lee.
26. Stormers semi-final review May 202325:29Connacht couldn't quite make it a fairytale finish to the end of an ultimately successful season with a URC QF win and qualification for next season's Champions Cup secured.Rob Murphy takes you through the match while William Davies and Linley MacKenzie join host Alan Deegan to give their thoughts on where it went wrong.We hear from Andy Friend, Jack Carty and Stormers coach John Dobson too.
25. Ulster QF review May 202325:46Well Connacht fairly made us sweat for their first away win in a one off Quarter Final as they held out against Ulster in the Kingspan Stadium.Linley MacKenzie, William Davies, Rob Murphy and Alan Deegan take you through the match and give their thoughts on such an historic win while we also hear from Andy Friend and Jack Carty along with a quick word from Tiernan's dad Aidan O'Halloran
24. Glasgow away review Apr 202326:25Connacht gave their best ever performance in Scotstoun as they came within a hair's breath of beating Glasgow. Munster did Connacht an unbelievable favour is garnering a draw against the Sharks to confirm Connacht finishing at least 7th and a big step closer to Champions Cup rugby next season.William Davies and Linley MacKenzie join Alan Deegan to review that excellent performance and look forward to the quarter final against Ulster.We also get the post match thoughts of Andy Friend.
23. Cardiff review Apr 202332:41Connacht produced another excellent performance and bonus point win to guarantee their place in the URC play-offs and give them a real shot at Champions Cup rugby for next season.The Craggy Crew take you through the match and analyse the win post-match while we also hear from Andy Friend and Kieran Marmion.
22. Benetton review April 202329:01Connacht's abysmal record in knockout matches away from home continued in Treviso as Benetton overpowered them in the Round of 16 match in the Challenge Cup.William Davies and Alan Deegan bring you through the match and they are joined by Linley MacKenzie to try and pick out the bones of another disappointing away performance and defeat.We also have the post-match thoughts of Andy Friend.
21. Edinburgh review March 202338:46What a performance and result for Connacht with a win that bounces them up to 6th with 2 matches left to play in the regular season in the URC.This match had it all and so we got Dave Finn, Niall Shiel and Linley MacKenzie to try and make some sense of the goings on that included 3 yellow cards as well as a 5th hat-trick from a Connacht player this season.We hear the post match thoughts of Andy Friend and Caolin Blade as well as some of the Connacht faithful when we finished off the podcast recording in Murty Rabbitts.
20. Dragons away review March 202333:46Connacht squeezed past a gritty Dragons side in Rodney Parade to garner a 4th win in a row, but without the required try bonus point which might come back to haunt them in their drive towards not only making the URC playoffs but also Champions Cup qualification for next season.William Davies and Rob Murphy join Alan Deegan to try and make sense of a strange performance from Connacht and we hear the post match thoughts of Andy Friend also.
19. Zebre away review Feb 2022332:39Connacht garnered the required Bonus Point win in Parma in an absolute try-fest of a match as they move into a URC play-off spot for the first time this season.William Davies and Rob Murphy take you through the match while Alan Deegan joins William for some post match analysis and we hear from hat-trick hero Dylan Tierney-Martin and coach Andy Friend in the post-match press conference.