Craggy Rugby podcast
Taking It All In - Craggy Rugby podcast
The aftermath of the final. A few days on, we try to find out if Connacht's Pro12 success has sunk in yet. Rob Murphy is joined by Craggy Crew members, Linley MacKenzie, Dave Finn, William Davies and Alan Deegan. Stay tuned for some must listen audio from Willie Ruane recorded just an hour after Connacht's great win in Murrayfield and Pat Lam just minutes after the home coming came to a conclusion in front of 15,000 fans at the Sportsground.
View all episodes
14. Bordeaux review Dec 202335:54Connacht were well and truly garrotted by a top quality Bordeaux side who were better than the home side in every facet of the match, and left Connacht bewildered for most of the time.The Craggy Crew try and pick the bones out of the worst defeat to a French team in the Sportsground after Danny and Alan take you through the match.An absolutely gutted Dave Heffernan and Pete Wilkins give their thoughts in the post match press conference while we also hear from Bordeaux's attack coach Noel McNamara.
13. Leinster home review Dec 202331:13Connacht snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory as Leinster scored with the last play of the game following yet another lineout malfunction from Connacht to give them the last possession.Danny and Alan Deegan take you through the game, then we hear the post-match thoughts of Caolin Blade, Pete Wilkins and Leo Cullen before Dave Finn and William Davies join the Deegans to try and make sense of a brutal loss for the home team.
12. Bulls away review Nov 202324:45Connacht were not able to repeat their heroics from last week as they were put to the sword in Pretoria by the Bulls.William Davies and Rob Murphy join host Alan Deegan to pick the bones out of a disappointing result and display while we hear from Pete Wilkins in the post match press conference.
11. Sharks review Nov 202333:57Connacht ground out the most unlikely of wins as the snook past the Sharks in Durban to record their 5th win on South African soil and keep them in the upper echelons of the URC table.William Davies and Rob Murphy join host Alan Deegan to pick through the bones of that excellent win and what it means for Connacht.We hear the post match thoughts of Pete Wilkins and Sharks coach John Plumtree also.
10. Edinburgh review November 202328:47A fairly callow Connacht side couldn't quite hold a determined Edinburgh in the Scottish capital to lose for the first time this season, but they did secure a losing bonus point.William Davies and Alan Deegan take you through the match and give their immediate thoughts at the end of the match while we hear from a frustrated Connacht head coach in Pete Wilkins.
9. Ulster review Nov 202329:28Connacht managed to pull a victory out of the jaws of defeat after recovering from a 17 point deficit to a much weakened Ulster team in the first interpro of the season.Linley MacKenzie, Rob Murphy and Dave Finn join host Alan Deegan to get their immediate post match reactions while we hear from Pete Wilkins, Conor Oliver, Dan McFarland and Jake Flannery in the post match press conference.
8. Glasgow review Oct 202330:28A statement win from Connacht over a more or less fully loaded Glasgow that leaves the Western province in second place on the table after week 2 of the URC season.We hear the post match thoughts of head coach Pete Wilkins, #8 Jarrad Butler and Glasgow head coach Franco Smith.Alan Deegan takes you through the match while Linley MacKenzie and Dave Finn cogitate on what could be the win that really propels Connacht towards the playoffs for the second season in a row.
6. Ospreys home review Oct 202342:59Connacht got a bonus point win in their first match of the URC season after a brilliant first half performance, which was followed by a very underwhelming second half one, but they got the job done and gave debuts to 6 new players, so a satisfying start to the season.Danny Deegan takes you through the match, Rob gives us his end of match thoughts, we hear from Toby Booth and Keelan Giles for the Ospreys perspective while Pete Wilkins and hat-trick hero Caolin Blade talk to us as well in the post match press conference.Linley MacKenzie and Dave Finn join host Alan Deegan to analyse some excellent performances in that excellent win.
1. Rugby World Cup 2023 preview01:37:32The Craggy Crew were the main panelists for the Galway Bay FM Sports preview of the RWC 2023 and in an extended podcast they are joined by Tom English of BBC Scotland, Brendan Nell a South African rugby journalist and an Galway man who has been living in New Zealand for over 30 years Oliver Lee.