Blood and Truth
Chapter nine: A Q&A
Listen to Pulitzer Prize winner Leonora LaPeter Anton talk about what didn’t make it into this series, what’s happening with the Tommy Zeigler case and thoughts about his guilt or innocence.
View all episodes
11. Chapter 11: Shapes of Hope31:38It's been three years since the last episode of Blood and Truth, and Tommy Zeigler is still on death row. But with the election of a new state attorney comes fresh hope for the DNA testing Ziegler says could set him free after nearly five decades behind bars. Here's the latest.
10. Chapter 10: Another Chance31:09Tommy Zeigler waited on Florida’s death row last year with hope that there would be another chance to test the evidence in his case. Listen to what happened.
Coming soon: Chapter 1000:28Will prosecutors give Tommy Zeigler another chance at DNA testing?
8. Chapter eight: Finality versus fairness35:47Florida’s judicial system is designed to support a jury’s verdict, whether it was right or wrong.
7. Chapter seven: On the row33:13Tommy Zeigler has spent more than four decades living in a 6-foot by 9-foot cell and trying not to get angry.
6. Chapter six: Poking holes in the case34:00Tommy Zeigler's supporters have spent years chasing clues and re-investigating the murders. Listen to what they've uncovered.
5. Chapter five: DNA denied31:10The advent of modern forensic science gives Tommy Zeigler hope, but prosecutors and judges keep rejecting his requests for DNA testing.
4. Chapter four: A split jury20:26One juror struggles to make a decision and feels badgered by others who think the evidence is clear in Tommy Zeigler's case.