Fergus Fitzgerald: Head Brewer, Adnams
This week I’m joined by Fergus Fitzgerald, head brewer at Adnams in Suffolk. The brewery is based in the seaside town of Southwold and you might have heard of their popular beers, Ghost Ship and Broadside. If not, then you’re in for a treat as we explore the brewery, the distillery – yes, distillery, and more!
You can also hear two more brilliant #beerlovenotes from drinkers sharing details of their most cherished beer. And I also speak to Duncan and Keith, the founders of the new alcohol-free beer brand, Days Brewing. All the beers are listed below!
- Nevermore is Adnams collaboration with Thornbridge Brewery. An India Porter, which is a dark brown beer at 5% ABV with a raisin-like fruitiness to its flavour https://www.adnams.co.uk/customer/pages/nevermore
- Broadside: stronger at 6.3%, a ruby beer, which for me offers a damson, fruitcake like flavour, and a pronounced bitterness: https://www.adnams.co.uk/beer/adnams-broadside-bottles.htm?gclid=CjwKCAiAhbeCBhBcEiwAkv2cY3vpAegS2M27N9-LGvbhaRHCLY5ezI2Tbia78VDradKMhR8OWzSUzBoCDsAQAvD_BwE
- Spirit of Broadside – ‘beer brandy’ – beer eau-de-vie: https://www.adnams.co.uk/spirits/shop-by-type/other-spirits-1/adnams-spirit-of-broadside.htm
Explore the site for more beers, wines, gins, whiskey, vodka and rum: https://www.adnams.co.uk/
Days Brewing were with me discussing their 0.0% Lager and Pale Ale. Check them out here: https://daysbrewing.com/
BEER LOVE NOTES
Krishan’s beer was Orval, an amber Trappist ale brewed in Belgium under the supervision of monks: https://www.beermerchants.com/orval
Kendra’s beer from Cameron’s in Hartlepool – find it locally when the pubs reopen to drink on cask/draught: https://cameronsbrewery.com/camerons-pubs/
OR buy a case of bottles here: https://cameronsbrewery.shop/product/strongarm-bottle-8-pack/
Why not send me your #beerlovenote??
Record a 60-second voice clip on your phone!
- Who are you?
- Which town / city / village + county you are from
- What’s your favourite beer and why? Remember to tell me the brewery AND the name of the beer or what your most favourite beer and food match is and why
Email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I might just include you in a future edition of the podcast!
BBC GOOD FOOD MAGAZINE – BEERS IN MY MARCH COLUMN
Salopian Lemon Dream: https://www.salopianbrewery.co.uk/product/lemon-dream-500ml-x-12-pack/
Jex-Blake Mosaic is SOLD OUT. But why not try Rational Creatures or a Mixed Case? https://www.bellfieldbrewery.com/collections/gluten-free-beer/products/mixed-case-rational-creatures-days-core-beers-12-cans
GET IN TOUCH!
That’s it from me for now. Follow me on social media!
Twitter on @BeerBeauty: https://twitter.com/beerbeauty
Instagram: @TVMarv https://www.instagram.com/tvmarv/
Subscribe and review if you can!
See you next time!