In this edition, I'm joined by four guests all of whom have set up female beer drinker communities in the UK. There are loads of superb groups like this around and I wanted to catch up with the four who’ve stood out to me recently.
- Becky – aka DeathByBecky (https://twitter.com/deathbybecky ) from #BarleyWineWednesday on Twitter with TheAleLady (https://twitter.com/TheAleLady )
- Catherine from @BrumBeerBabs (https://twitter.com/BrumBeerBabs ) in Birmingham
- Amelie from Beers Without Beards @BeersWoBeards (https://twitter.com/beerswobeards) and Women in Beer Festival @WiBFest (https://twitter.com/Wib_Fest ) @CampervanBrewery (https://twitter.com/campervanbrew ) in Edinburgh
- Julie O’Grady from @LadiesThatBeer (https://twitter.com/ladiesthatbeer) and @NeptuneBrewery (https://twitter.com/neptunebrewery)
Beers we discussed
Becky: False Scale IPA 6.8% from North Brewing in Leeds https://shop.northbrewing.com/collections/all-beers/products/false-scale-ipa-6-8
Cath: 0121 Brew One 7% West Coast IPA from Birmingham’s finest, Burning Soul brewery: https://burningsoulbrewshop.co.uk/products/0121-brew-one-west-coast-ipa-440ml-can-7-abv a collaboration with Independent Birmingham (https://www.independent-birmingham.co.uk/ ), supporters of Independent retailers across the city
Amelie: Avec Les Bons Vœux by Belgian brewery Brasserie Dupont (9.5% ABV) it’s a seasonal beer so you might find a few 750ml knocking around: https://www.beergonzo.co.uk/buy/beer/brasserie-dupont-bon-voeux-p771
Julie: Rochefort 10 a Belgian Trappist ale. An 11.3% beer, strong, dark brown with caramel, nutty spicy notes in it. Julie calls it a Christmas cake in a glass’: https://www.beerofbelgium.com/en/trappistes-rochefort-8-33cl.html. Rochefort also make a ‘6 and an ’8’ which are lower in strength but not in complexity.
Marverine: Ice Cream Pale Ale 5.7% also by Burning Soul in Birmingham: https://burningsoulbrewshop.co.uk/collections/beers/products/ice-cream-pale-ale-440ml-can-4-5-abv
Other beers mentioned in the podcast
Maiden range from Siren Brewery: https://www.sirencraftbrew.com/beers/maiden
Lost in Leith Bourbon barrel-aged barley wine: https://www.campervanbrewery.com/shop/p/lost-in-leith-barrel-age-barley-wine
Black Malts and Body Salts : To Ol – Black Imperial IPA 9.9% : https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/to-ol-black-malts-body-salts
BEER LOVE NOTES
Something just as juicy and definitely worth trying is Alex in Plymouth’s Beer Love Note:
Temptation by Durham Brewery – a 10% Russian Stout : https://durhambrewery.com/our-beers/temptation-imperial/
Dani – aka The Ale Lady mentioned several beers including:
- Adnams Broadside: https://www.adnams.co.uk/beer/shop-by-taste_1/ale/adnams-broadside-bottles.htm - remember Fergus from Adnams from the previous edition of the podcast
- Marble Lagonda: https://marblebeers.com/shop-home/lagonda/
- Deya Steady Rolling Man 5.2%: https://shop.deyabrewing.com/product/steady-rolling-man/
- But the biggie is Thornbridge Jaipur a 5.9% IPA: https://thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/beer/jaipur/
Why not send me your #beerlovenote??
Record a 60-second voice clip on your phone!
- Who are you?
- Which town / city / village + county you are from
- What’s your favourite beer and why? Remember to tell me the brewery AND the name of the beer or what your most favourite beer and food match is and why
Email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I might just include you in a future edition of the podcast!
GET IN TOUCH!
That’s it from me for now. Follow me on social media!
Twitter on @BeerBeauty: https://twitter.com/beerbeauty
Instagram: @TVMarv https://www.instagram.com/tvmarv/
Subscribe and review if you can!
See you next time!