As Told By Nomads
429: Building a Culture of Creative Entrepreneurs with Alice Loy
Today's interview is with Alice Loy. Alice is a Co-founder of Creative Startups and widely considered a leading authority on entrepreneurship in the creative economy. Dr. Loy created the Creative Startups Accelerator with a vision for catalyzing high growth company formation in the under-served creative economy.
A sought-after speaker on topics ranging from developing creative economy ecosystems to investing in the creative economy, Alice frequently travels to Europe, Asia, and Latin America to work with entrepreneurs and economic development leaders. Alice has lived and worked in Mexico, Costa Rica, Spain, and China. She holds a PhD in Strategic Communication and Entrepreneurship and an MBA. She speaks Spanish fluently.
- The Creative Economy: what it is and how it is different from arts and culture
- The Creative Entrepreneur: who they are and how they are similar and different from other entrepreneurs
- The Entrepreneur Ecosystem: how it functions and how regions can build them
- Challenges creative entrepreneurs tackle effectively
- The first steps leaders should take to start building their own creative economy
- Their Creative Startups Accelerator program and how it has become the leading accelerator, globally, for creative industries entrepreneurs
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Creative Startups: http://www.creativestartups.org/