Amiga, Handle Your Shit
Ready for the Next Level with Xitlalt Herrera
Success is a journey, not a destination.
Nowadays, more than ever in human history, the pressure to become successful is at a maximum high. Every time we open our social media apps, we see apparent successful people trying to teach others how to become successful, creating a sense of inadequacy in us. We often need to remember that the measure of success is not univocal, but it changes and varies because every one of us is different. We shouldn't feel the pressure to bring ourselves or our own business to the next level just because we see other people doing it; We should embrace our own journey. Remember, the key to success is not to arrive there but to be ready for it.
In this episode, I am joined by Xitlalt Herrera, the Founder, and CEO of X Level Inc. Xitlalt is a multi-talented & inspirational entrepreneur dedicated to reinventing the fashion and entertainment industry through diversity, empowerment, and positivity. She is a taste-maker who guides people and brands while keeping their essence. Xitlalt has over 22 years of experience in the Entertainment and Fashion Industries, such as 15 years with the Luxury Fashion Retailer Neiman Marcus. She is a sought-after Creative Director for private and non-profit worlds for projects or brands that need reinvention. Xitlalt is also a Public Speaker, Award-Winning Producer and has extensive experience in media and public relations. Her true passion is philanthropy, and she is involved in different organizations in San Antonio, New York, LA, and Latin America.
Tune in to Episode 125 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and learn more about Xitlalt’s background, how she started working for Neiman Marcus, and the inspiration behind her successful company, X Level Inc.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Xitlalt’s background and the meaning of her unique name (5:56)
- How Xitlalt was recruited by Neiman Marcus (12:19)
- Xitlalt’s divorce and how it lead her to bring her company to the next level (21:54)
- The meaning behind Xitlalt’s company logo (27.52)
- The three branches of X Level Inc. (29.10)
- Why Xitlalt decided to donate 3% of her profit to charity (33.49)
Connect With Xitlalt Herrera:
View all episodes
170. Two Peacocks Travel. Leave Your Excuses Home and Travel the World with Sandy Correa and Ana Gaona41:11Why is it that every time we start planning a trip, the doubts, the uncertainty about where to stay, choosing the right neighborhood, or deciding which attractions to visit pile up and outnumber the reasons to travel in a heartbeat? Although this is an understandable response to the unknown, these doubts usually stop us from getting plane tickets and having experiences. In this episode, you'll find out your only worry for the next trip will be getting plane tickets because Sandy Correa and Ana Gaona have you covered. They created Two Peacocks Travel, a company created to make the world accessible and inviting for hesitant women. From budgeting to planning and logistics, you are in Sandy and Ana's hands once you arrive at your destination. Sandy is a first-generation Salvadorian and Puerto Rican Latina with a Bachelor's degree in Sociology and a Master's in Health Care Management. Ana is a first-generation Mexican and Spanish Latina; she is an MPA and is an honors recipient of the USC Multicultural Women Executive Leadership program.Throughout this episode, you'll learn everything about Sandy and Ana's backstories, how they went from trauma to travel, and why organizing travels for women with women became their purpose. You'll also hear their thoughts on entrepreneurship, the advantages of jumping out of your comfort zone, her advice on how to handle your shit, and much more.Tune in to Episode 170 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, lay your finger anywhere on the map, and start packing your bags.In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Sandy and Ana (4:10)From trauma to travel. Why sometimes jumping into the unknown is the best option (12:00)Why Sandy and Ana created Two Peacocks Travel (16:40)The transformation some trips can offer (24:30)Is this place worth visiting? Get there and find out (29:00)But a ticket and make sure you land at the correct airport. The rest is on Sandy and Ana's hands (32:10)Ana and Sandy share their advice for amigas to handle their shit (35:20)Connect with Sandy and Ana:WebsiteInstagramYouTubePinterestFacebookLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
169. Childcare Dynamics with Mariana Guerra41:01Ever find yourself in the intricate dance of entrusting someone with your child's care? A delicate balance is essential in the intricate dance of entrusting someone with your child's care. Navigating the world of hiring a caregiver demands considerations of trust, effective communication, and the establishment of healthy boundaries. How do you ensure these elements in the complex journey of caregiving? The nuances of this relationship extend beyond the practicalities, delving into the emotional dynamics and mutual understanding between caregivers and parents.Mariana Guerra is a seasoned childcare professional with a passion for fostering positive relationships between parents and children. With over a decade of experience, Mariana has worked with numerous families, offering her expertise in nurturing and guiding young minds. Tune in to Episode 169 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit podcast, as Mariana Guerra opens up about her journey working with families and children, emphasizing the significance of trust, belief in children, and effective communication between caregivers and parents. Mariana sheds light on maintaining a delicate balance and fostering a positive environment for children's growth. Tune in for an enriching conversation that delves into the heart of caregiving and parenting, offering valuable insights for both caregivers and parents alike.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Mariana’s story of growing up in an orphanage in TijuanaMoving to Los Angeles and start a new life (6:52)Encouraging children to express themselves and building trust with parents (29:52)The caregiver's role in creating a connection between the child and their parents (32:09)The importance of love, presence, and focusing on blessings as a parent (38:15)Connect With Mariana Guerra:Instagram Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne websiteBuy The Amiga Way’s Book
168. Never Go Back, Not Even to Regain Momentum with Luna Magic's Co-founder Mabel Frías31:51If making your company's name known to the world required making the boldest of moves, showing yourself vulnerable, and asking for help, would you do it? In today's episode, prepare to get energized by Mabel Frías' brighter light. Mabel is an Innovative Marketer and Operator, Featured Speaker, Community Builder and Advocate, and Afro-Latina Accomplished Entrepreneur. She is the Co-Founder of Luna Magic, a cosmetic company she started with her sister Shaira, which quickly became (although unintentionally) an ambassador for Afro-Latinidad. The Frías sisters were featured in Forbes, Good Morning America, Cosmopolitan, and ABC's Shark Tank, where they made a fantastic deal with Barbara Corcoran.Throughout this episode, Mabel talks about the work she had to put in to embrace the idea that she has always been blessed and highly favored, how she and her sister stopped second-guessing themselves, and the moment that would change her life when she filled an online application for ABC’s Shark Tank. Additionally, you'll hear Mabel's thoughts on leaving the Latino pride aside and asking for help, why we must avoid taking things personally, the influence and guidance she got from her Latino family to shape Luna Magic, and much more. Tune in to Episode 168 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and let Mabel inspire you to bet on yourself and make your wildest dreams come true.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Who is Mabel Frías (5:20)Turn the noes into fuel to keep going (8:00)How to stop second-guessing yourself (11:30)What is next for Luna Magic (15:10)Mabel talks a bit about the Shark Tank experience (18:50)There is nothing wrong with asking for help (24:00)Mable shares tips and advice to handle your shit (28:10)Connect with Mabel:Luna Magic websiteLinkedInInstagramWatch the Frías Sisters on Shark TankLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
167. The Power of Intentions in Gatherings with Jackie Tapia18:03Have you ever paused to ponder the profound significance of gatherings in our lives?The act of coming together, whether with friends, family, or community, holds a unique power that shapes our human experience. In the tapestry of life, gatherings weave threads of connection, celebration, and shared moments, contributing to the very fabric of our existence. They serve as milestones where relationships deepen, ideas flourish, and memories are etched into the collective consciousness. Tune in to Episode 167 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, as Jackie reflects on the evolving landscape of gatherings and their profound influence on our lives. Drawing inspiration from a podcast episode featuring Priya Parker, the author of The Art of Gathering, Jackie shares insights on the constitutional right to assemble and the societal shifts experienced during the COVID era. From the beauty of communal experiences to the challenges posed by restrictions, she invites listeners to contemplate the intentions behind their gatherings.In This Episode, You Will Learn:A reflection on the intention behind gatherings (02:40)Exploring the impact of illness on gatherings (06:03)Emphasizing the importance of aligning events with intentions (10:54)Challenging the notion of disallowing connections due to ongoing circumstances like COVID (15:46) Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne websiteBuy The Amiga Way’s BookShopmy Store
166. From Public Educator to Legislator: Senator Susan Rubio's Journey into Politics46:11What if those close encounters with your community's struggles are just life preparing you to become the change you want to see? In this episode, I'm truly honored to welcome Senator Susan Rubio. Senator Rubio was elected to the California State Senate to represent District 22 in Los Angeles County. She is the first Latina Chair of the Senate Insurance Committee and is on the Senate leadership team as Assistant Majority Whip. She was born in Juarez, Mexico, and is the proud daughter of a former bracero worker and a housekeeper. She attended East Los Angeles College and later earned a Master's Degree in Education from Azusa Pacific University. Throughout our conversation, you'll hear about Senator Rubio's journey into politics, how her role as a public school teacher for 17 years influenced her decision to become a politician, and how she navigated the transition from public educator to legislator. You'll also hear about Senator Rubio's work on protecting domestic violence victims, the improvements she and her team have made so far, and the things she is working on to change soon. Additionally, you'll hear about Senator Rubio's plans to propose a comprehensive immigration reform to ensure families' health and well-being, her tips and advice on how amigas can handle their shit, and more.Tune in to Episode 166 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and learn more about this incredible Latina's commitment to improving the lives of thousands of people in District 22.In This Episode, You Will Learn:About Senator Rubio's background and how she got into politics (6:00)How Senator Rubio navigated the transition from public educator to legislator (11:40)How hard it is to bring people together in politics (15:20)Senator Rubio talks about her work on protecting domestic violence victims (22:00)What to say and what to avoid saying to domestic violence victims (27:30)Senator Rubio explains the need for redefining domestic violence (32:10)Tips and advice on how amigas can handle their shit (41:20)Connect with Susan:WebsiteLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
165. 3 Unconventional Truths with Jackie Tapia Tapia18:03How ready are you to embrace the unexpected and set the stage for an extraordinary 2024?Amigas, as we stand on the threshold of a new year, have you contemplated the potential impact of embracing unconventional truths in shaping your journey? What if 2024 could be the year where you challenge conventional wisdom, awaken dormant potentials, and chart a course that defies expectations? Discover the power of unconventional truths that are the key to unlocking a transformative and fulfilling year.Tune in to Episode 165 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, as Jackie reflects on a refreshing perspective on navigating the challenges and opportunities that 2024 might present. Jackie emphasizes the importance of awakening your anointing scent, critical thinking skills, and outlandish self. She shares insights on trusting your inner voice, questioning conventional narratives, and embracing selfishness as a means to personal empowerment.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Welcoming 2024 (01:34)The Three Essential Truths for 2024 (02:54)Awaken Your Anointing (05:30)Navigating Critical Thinking (08:42)Lessons from Movies: Contagion and Leave the World Behind (09:18)Embracing Your Outlandish Self (13:40)Jackie's Vision for 2024 and a Call to Critical Thought (15:42) Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne websiteBuy The Amiga Way’s BookShopmy Store
164. Ensure Your Financial Future and Make Your Travel Dreams Come True with Liz Apodaca and Diana Torre34:16Does your financial future wake you up at night? Do the items on your travel bucket list seem impossible to tick because you feel you'll never be able to afford them? In this episode, we revisit my conversations with Liz Apodaca and Diana Torre, in which you might find the solution to these two issues, notoriously present in the minds of almost every Latina. Liz is the owner and chief legal counsel at My Attorney L.A., specializing in Estate Planning, Probate, and related areas of practice. Diana is a passionate traveler who figured out how to travel almost for free, using only her credit card's miles and points. Throughout my conversation with Liz, you'll learn how she brings the Aloha style into her work, her thoughts on why protecting our assets is crucial, and everything you need to know to protect them. From Diana, you'll learn how to make heavily discounted traveling, how she helps people get better trip deals, how credit cards and accumulated points to travel work, and much more. Tune in to Episode 162 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and learn from Liz and Diana how to shield your assets and live your best life, one trip at a time.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Liz talks about the paradox of doing litigation in the land of "hanging loose" (9:50)What is estate planning, and why is it so crucial (12:00)Liz's final tips on how to protect our assets (19:00)Diana talks about how she manages to travel almost for free (24:00)How do credit cards and accumulated points to travel really work (27:30)Diana shares her thoughts on how to handle your shit and travel more (32:30)Connect with Liz WebsiteConnect with Diana: Instagram Points & Miles InstagramLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
163. Rethinking Wealth with Jackie Tapia Tapia20:30Ever pondered the true essence of wealth?It's a concept that transcends the confinements of conventional financial measures. Beyond the tangible realm of possessions and money, it extends into intangible realms—ideas, joy, love, and profound connections. Imagine a wealth that isn't merely counted in currency but woven into the fabric of life experiences. What does wealth mean to you? Is it an intricate blend of moments, relationships, and a deep connection to the world around you?Tune in to Episode 163 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, as Jackie reflects on the concept of wealth and its various dimensions in her own life. From intentional spending to fostering connections with conscious individuals, she shares insights on how redefining wealth has transformed her perspective and also explores the significance of mental corrections, insider tips, and success strategies, presenting a roadmap for listeners to navigate their own paths to wealth.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Reflecting on the wealth derived from life experiences (02:02)Embracing spiritual guidance and intentional living (04:04)The Amiga Way to wealth: A holistic, abundant approach (07:01)Discovering wealth through divine connections in unexpected places (15:14)Invitation to the Wealth Wine and Women event in Santa Monica (18:28)Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne websiteBuy The Amiga Way’s BookShopmy Store
162. Resilience and Activism: Stories of Successful Latinas in Hollywood with Andrea Navedo and Patricia Rae41:21What is it like to succeed as a Latina in Hollywood?In today's episode, a little over a month after the actors' strike ended, we revisit my conversations with Andrea Navedo and Patricia Rae. Andrea Navedo is an Award-winning Actress, Director, Keynote Speaker, and Author of the book "Our Otherness Is Our Strength: Wisdom from the Boogie Down Bronx." Patricia Rae is a professional Actress, Podcaster, and Producer with over 35 years of experience. She is known for her role in "Mary Full of Grace," "The Big Wedding," with Robert DeNiro, Robin Williams, Diane Keaton, and Susan Sarandon, and her role as Judge Delgado in the TV Series, "All Rise."In my conversation with Andrea, the star from "Jane The Virgin" talked about her experiences as a Latina in New York, healing from abuse, how to become captains of our own ship, and why we, as Latinas, tend to second-guess and hold ourselves back. Patricia, on the other hand, talked about society's polarization, how she uses her platform to address and fight against social injustice, and her thoughts on the reasons behind the actors's strike that recently ended. Tune in to Episode 162 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and relive the powerful stories of these inspiring Latinas. In This Episode, You Will Learn:Andrea talks about her life growing up in The Bronx (5:40)Be the captain of your ship (9:50)Why we, as Latinos, tend to hold ourselves back (15:40)Patricia on the creation of her podcast (24:30)Patricia talks about the actors' strike (34:00)How can Latinas handle their shit, according to Patricia Rae (39:40)Connect with Andrea:InstagramIMDbGet Andrea's book, "Our Otherness Is Our Strength: Wisdom from the Boogie Down Bronx."Connect with Patricia:IMDbInstagramTwitterListen to the Believe This podcast!Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website