Head Above The Clouds
The Unheard Tapes: Idina Menzel
The queen of Broadway has arrived! For Issue 12 I had the opportunity to sit down with Idina Menzel and talk all things, music, theatre, how she manages her anxiety as she’s found fame, the communities that lie at the heart of everything she does and of course her new album, Drama Queen.
The Tony Award winning, multi platinum selling singer songwriter has been at the heart of many cultural moments that I still hold close to my heart, from Wicked and Defying Gravity to being a cultural icon. I accepted pretty early on that I was going to fan girl hard, so here’s your chance to too. So, get comfortable for another episode of The Unheard Tapes. Welcome to the world that is Head Above The Clouds.
View all episodes
26. James McVey42:29Deep in thought, James McVey sit’s opposite Editor-in-Chief Alice Gee as they record an episode of HATC podcast post shoot. In a studio in East London James gets candid about why now is the right time to focus on solo endeavours. After ten hugely successful years with The Vamps with many more to come, James feels a sense of stability as he reflects upon his personal experiences from the past couple of years, from getting married to mental health episodes and everything in between James opens up about coming full circle, embracing life and the magic of songwriting. The very thing he fell in love with 10 years ago.Pre-order Jame's print www.hatcmagazine.com and read the interview www.hatcmagazine.comSubscribe and follow us on Instagram and stay up to date with new episodes.
Barth Rougier48:0326 year old entrepreneur Barth Rougier is no stranger to progression and personal growth, both in his personal and business life. Having started and nurtured multiple business ventures over the past 8 years, his success although it might appear overnight is one that has taken time, dedication and passion. As he takes a birds eye view of what truly is behind his success, Barth, opens up about what it has taken to see the progression he’s come experience, how his mental health has played a part and that health and well-being takes priority.
23. LP35:37With more than 2.4 million streams a day on YouTube, you could say LP’s fan base are dedicated. Having written hits for some of the music industries very best, LP has themself one hell of a reputation when it comes to musical success and creativity. As they approached the launch of a new album Love Lines I joined them in Londons Kingscross to talk about their personal experiences with mental health, confidence and learning to standing their ground. So take a moment, and come with us to the world that is head above the clouds.
22. McFly52:12For this episode I’m joined by Dougie, Danny, and Harry from McFly. With Tom a little under the weather I join them at their London studio to talk about their 20th anniversary, which is crazy to even think. I catch up with the boys on their new album 'Power To Play', life as it is now and a trip down memory lane. Buckle up for stories on their first home, supporting one another on tour and everything in between.Subscribe and follow us!
21. HATC Magazine Unheard Tapes: Naomi Schiff28:32The Unheard Tapes throw back to our Issue cover story with the one and only Naomi Schiff from Issue 11. I’ve been a fan of Naomi’s for quite some time. Personally racing lights up my life especially Sunday afternoons so to chat with Naomi about her racing journey and success is a pinnacle moment. For me Naomi has always been an unapologetic woman powerhouse, paving the way for others in an often dominated male and under represented world of racing. Naomi opens up about her definition of winning and the balance and often huge sacrifice that comes alongside being at the top of your game.Follow and Subscribe and keep up with every guest and conversation!Follow Naomi
20. HATC Magazine Unheard Tapes: Busted34:03For this weeks episode of The Unheard Tapes we revisit our Issue 11 interview with Busted. As I take a stroll down memory with one of my childhood favourite bands, I mean what’s culture without a little nostalgia, I get to celebrate their 20th anniversary from their formation to worldwide success. So get comfy and enjoy!
19. The Unheard Tapes: Gabrielle Aplin34:46This week we’ve come full circle with our HATC Magazine Unheard Tapes guest. For Issue 10 we got the chance to welcome back the one and only Gabrielle Aplin. For those who don’t know, Gabrielle featured as one of our very first covers us first for Issue 2 back in December 2020. To have her back for Issue 10 was an absolute privilege. Following on from our conversation two years prior, Gabrielle let’s me on how she is following her diagnosis of ADHD that she so candidly spoke with me about in our first conversation. I get to hear all about her new album, the making and progressiveness of Phosphorescent, and on the topic of growth Gabrielle shares a little more on being in the best place she’s ever been. Follow and subscribe so you never miss an episode!Streaming on all major platforms!@HATCMedia
18. Sophia Hadjipanteli01:01:00For this weeks podcast I sit down with the incredibly beautiful and talented Sophia Hadjipanteli. Sophia takes the time to speak to me about finding confidence in both the fashion industry and her own life. Having modelled for brands including Guess, Chanel and Fenty, Sophia is the epitome of self love, body positivity and taking everyday in her stride. Sophia speaks about the love that lead her to the uk, before finding her feet and making her own destiny .