Stay Grounded with Raj Jana
199. Matthew Abrams: How to Reach Your Fullest Potential - Revisited
“I actually am more brother and sister with people that are across incredibly diverse paths and walks of life than I had ever imagined.”
I feel super pumped to re-release this powerful episode almost three years after I first recorded it. But as I listened back, it struck me how relevant this conversation is to the world we’re experiencing now.
I first met Matthew Abrams when he was facilitating a mastermind. At the time, I was starting to dive into my inner work with more depth and intensity and Matthew stood out for me as someone who’d really mastered this dimension. I noticed it in his presence, in the way he communicated, and in the way he was able to hold space for people from all walks of life - and then guide them forward powerfully.
This episode is about collective evolution as much as it is about individual development.
Matthew addresses the sensitive issue of privilege, religion, and the barriers to wholeness in ourselves and as a collective. Could understanding that we all have a different piece of the puzzle help us find common ground and unite as one?
“If you don’t know the injustices that we live in, in these days, you’re hiding under a rock.”
In his work, Matthew is a facilitator who supports entrepreneurs and leadership teams through the EOS framework. EOS is a proven system that’s been implemented into thousands of companies with resounding and consistent success. Matthew is part of a small, global team who’s been trained in these processes.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll experience:
- Why did Matt's life begin when he was 27.
- The role of curiosity in our lives.
- Privilege: How society supports Matt to NOT be curious about himself and how it influences how he sees the world.
- What causes ‘otherness’, religion, and how we get fragmented as humans. [
- The conversation Matthew has with his fears when they show up.
- The 5% ‘edge’ - why we avoid it, and why it’s where the magic sits.
- The story of Matthew’s parents’ divorce.
- The discipline to do the ‘work’ and two powerful reflection questions to ask yourself.
- And more...
Brace yourselves for a deep discussion about courage, curiosity, and the need to understand yourself - so you can understand others. It’s a conversation that can get uncomfortable. Matthew acknowledges this, but inspires us to go to the uncomfortable edge because that’s where all the growth lies.
I was so inspired by Matt’s presence and his philosophies - and Im sure you will feel exactly the same.
“There’s something in the space between you and me, that’s magic. And only together through curiosity and exploration and a commitment to that pursuit, can we find it.”
How to contact
- Check out the work Matthew does with leadership teams in companies and how supports CEOs and founders at www.matthew-abrams.com.
We thrive on your feedback, so if you’ve enjoyed this show, please rate us and leave us a review. And don’t forget to subscribe to ensure you never miss an episode again.