Diversity In Wine: A Conversation With Oenoverse's Reggie Leonard II
What does it mean to have diversity in wine? What does it look like and how can we continue to work towards absolute equality in this industry? For the last episode of the season, I say down with Reggie Leonard III, co-founder of Virginia's Oenoverse and the Two Up Wine Down Festival to talk about what it all means and what we can do to further inclusivity.
View all episodes
11. Champagne: Part IV The Widow Clicquot20:12Modern-day Champagne as we know it is largely credited to Madam Clicquot. Her innovations and drive for success was unmatched. IN the episode we talk about her life and the world around her as the wine region grows.
10. Champagne: Part III The Dom (Perignon) And The Myth21:50An important moment in Champagne's history arises with the most famous monk in wine, Dom Perignon. What is it with this guy and all the legends surrounding him? Did he invent champagne? Was he blind? What did he do and say?
9. Champagne: Part II Coronations And A Pinkish Hue20:20In our next installment of how Champagne became Champagne, we examine human history and an important relationship that put this wine region on its destiny path.
8. Champagne: Part I Pangea and the Paris Basin13:52Before we dive deep into the wild history of this famous region we need to go back in time. Like Jurrasic Park time. This is a short episode but it's packed to the gills.
7. Bordeaux: Part VII Wine Styles of the Libournais19:50Wrapping up our Bordeaux series with a breakdown of the wine styles you will encounter form the three (four?) regions of the Right Bank known as The Libournais.
6. Bordeaux: Part VI The Right Bank and the Libournais21:54How did the Right Bank of Bordeaux become the Right Bank? Let's do some history.
5. Bordeaux: Part IV The Communes22:28Now that we have a nice in-depth understanding of the history of Bordeaux let's dive into each of the four famous communes that house the Classed Growth and get into what they're all about.
4. Bordeaux Supplemental: La Rochelle and the AOC11:48A quick supplemental episode as the holidays roll over us about the town and region that lost to Bordeaux and its wine region that endures today.
3. Bordeaux: Part III Producers and Merchants and Brokers Oh My19:32Bordeaux becomes the largest and most popular fine wine region in the world as Napoleon the third showcases the best of France