Well That Aged Well
In this podcast we interview interesting historians with a new topic every week ranging from Ancient Rome to Modern History
169. Episode 169: The Crimes Of Stalin. With Joshua Rubenstein52:38THIS WEEK! We take a look at The USSR Under The Stalin Regime, and we take a look at the crimes comitted under Joseph Stalin. From how he rose to power to the Colectivization of Russia, to the Holodomor, the Great Purge, And how The NKVD brought innocent people into the Gulag system to his death in 1953. And is the Current Putin Regime compareable to the times of Stalin? Find out this week on "Well That Aged Well".
View all episodes
168. Episode 168: The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire. With Bryan Ward-Perkins01:15:29THIS WEEK! We are taking a look at The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire. We will have a look at what factors brought the Roman Empire to an end. From the christianization of The Empire, and Constantines move to Constantinople, to the external, and internal factors of why and how the Western Roman Empire fell. All this, and more on "Well That Aged Well". With "Erlend Hedegart.
167. Episode 167: Wilhelm II. The Last Kaiser. With Roger Chickering01:20:41THIS WEEK! We take a look at Germanys last Kasier Wilhelm II. From his upbringing, and his relationship with his family to the Ottoman-German alliance and To World War 1 which would lead to his eventual abdication, and how his life would be viewed forever after. All this and more this week on "Well That Aged Well". With "Erlend Hedegart".
166. Episode 166: The Dissolution of the monasteries. With James Clark01:44:11This week we take a look at Tudor England. Under the reign of King Henry VIII, and Thomas Cromwell a significant event happened that would lead to the dissolving of the monasteries. But why did it happen? Was it for the reasons we thought they were disolved? And how does this compare to the disolvement of the Habsburg Monasteries under Joseph II? And what happened to the people after the monasteries were dissolved? Find out all this, and more, this week on "Well That Aged Well". With "Erlend Hedegart".
165. Episode 165: D-DAY. With Kurt Piehler01:21:42THIS WEEK! We take a look at the battle that would turn the tide of The Second World War around. The famous D-DAY, and the liberation of Paris. From the planning of Operation Overlord, to the GI`s who participated in this historical event to the liberation in Paris and Charles Degauls famous speech. And what if D-Day had not been the sucsess it became? All this and more this week on "Well That Aged Well", with "Erlend Hedegart".
164. Episode 164: Charles I. The White King. With Mark Turnbull01:42:53In this weeks episode we take a look at the Stuart king Charles I. From his upbringing in Scottland to his journey, to London. His trarvel to Spain to meet the infanta Maria Anna, and his marriage to Henrietta Maria, and his friendship with Buckingham. And was Oliver Cromwell the villain history made him out to be? Find out this week on "Well That Aged Well". With "Erlend Hedegart".Links to find Professor Turnbull here: Mark Turnbuulls website: https://www.1642author.com/Find Turnbull on Twitter/X: @1642authorMark Turnbulls podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1194917Buy Mark Turnbulls biography on Charles here:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charles-Private-Life-Mark-Turnbull/dp/1399082906
163. Episode 163: The French Revolution. With Peter Mcphee52:28This week we take a look at The French Revolution. From Talleryand, and Laffayete to the state of France in the late 1780s to the diamond neckless afair, and what the causes of the revolution were and how it came to occur. And was it a social or a poltiical revoloution? Find out this week on "Well That Aged Well". With "Erlend Hedegart".