Too Peas In A Podcast Mandy Hose and Kate Mulholland
Sue and Mel chat about Snuggly Bags by Ellie
Kate and Mandy chat with super duo mother-in-law Sue and daughter-in-law Mel, founders of Snuggly Bags by Ellie, a company that makes sleeping bags in sizes 4-16 for kids who have trouble staying under the covers at night!
Snuggly Bags by Ellie is inspired by Mel’s fifteen-year-old daughter Ellie, who is diagnosed with Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome. Once she’d grown out of her size 4 sleeping bag, Ellie had trouble sleeping under the covers, yet Mel couldn’t find bigger sleeping bag sizes to suit Ellie’s growing body.
So, with Sue’s background in the clothing industry and dress design, she set about designing and making a sleeping bag to fit. Using a business called Manufacture My Product, Sue was able to source organic, pure cotton and have samples made up in China, and develop two different weighted full bags, a lighter summer bag and a suit with legs. The bags use soft woven cotton that feels like sheets and allows plenty of room for movement.
Sue and Mel took the Snuggly Bags to the Source Kids expo in Sydney, where a tired dad bought a snuggly bag for his young son. He contacted them the next day, to say he’d had his first full night’s sleep in years! Sue and Mel then knew they were onto a product that could help Peas everywhere get a better night’s sleep. Snuggly Bags can be modified to fit feeding tubes and can be claimed as a consumable through NDIS.
- Listen to our Spotify playlist –Too Peas: Songs Our Guest Peas Love
- Join our Facebook Hangout
- Find us on YouTube
- Buy our book The Invisible Life Of Us!
- Leave us a speakpipe
- Help spread the love for Too Peas by rating and reviewing us!
- Melbourne forecast for Thursday November 23 - Cloud clearing, 26 degrees
Thank you for supporting Too Peas In A Podcast! We love to hear from you, please contact us here:
View all episodes
3. YouTuber Lewis talks about clefts, community and all things Lewlyfe53:01Kate and Mandy chat to Lewis from northwest Tasmania, a lovely young guy who studies media and communications and runs YouTube channel Lewlyfe. Lewis is part of the pea community as he was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate.Lewis talks about growing up managing all the challenges of multiple surgeries, speech therapy and regular check ups with a whole range of doctors and specialists. Primary school was not much fun as he went to a sporty school when he wasn’t into sports, but he found his feet and a loving and supportive community at high school, where his friends loved drama and music as much as he did.Lewis also talks about the impact on his mum and dad, their work in supporting other cleft families, and the support and kindness the whole family received from their church community. Kate and Mandy were also extra impressed to hear the news that Lewis’ dad owns an IGA supermarket, given they’re both very frequent shoppers at their local. Lewis also talks about making the decision to no longer undergo further surgeries, as he’s happy and confident as he is. Lewis is focused on studying, running his YouTube channel and staying involved in his local community.Thanks for sharing your story with us Lewis! Subscribe to Lewis’s YouTube channel Lewlyfe and help him bump up his followers, visit the Lewlyfe website and follow Lewis on Instagram. Visit CleftPals Victoria and Cleft Connect Australia for more information about cleft and palate conditions. Plus: Listen to our Spotify playlist –Too Peas: Songs Our Guest Peas LoveJoin our Facebook HangoutFind us on YouTubeBuy our book The Invisible Life Of Us!Leave us a speakpipe Help spread the love for Too Peas by rating and reviewing us!Melbourne forecast for Thursday February 22 - HOT, late cool change, windy, 38 degrees
2. The Peas are back for 2020-More42:55Part two of "The Peas are back for 2024"
1. The Peas are back for 202449:30The Peas are back for 2024 and listen happily to your speak pipes.Mandy spoke about Tim from Thailand's book https://catalogue.nla.gov.au/catalog/10017028 "With Gratitude"Kate is loving Megan Williams book (she accidentally used the wrong sir name in the episode, sorry Megan) https://www.booktopia.com.au/let-s-never-speak-of-this-again-megan-williams/book/9781922790392.html you can get it here.And Kate's amazing cousin Amy has written this beautiful book GATHER, and you can get it here or follow her on Instagram at underground_coffshttps://chocdaisy.square.site/product/gather-by-amy-barrett/410?cs=true&cst=custoMelbourne's forecast for tomorrow is a lovely 26 with sunshine.
Summer Series: Lisa Cox is changing the way disability is represented in mainstream culture01:22:13