Too Peas In A Podcast Mandy Hose and Kate Mulholland
Making room for joy with Sharon from The Functional Family
Mandy and Kate chat with Sharon, founder of The Functional Family and award-winning ADHD coach who provides life-changing practical strategies and support for people with ADHD.
Sharon’s husband and three boys all have ADHD. Using her lived experience, her studies at ADDCA in New York and the International Coaching Federation, and over 15 years of research into ADHD, Sharon founded The Functional Family six years ago to help families like her own feel more supported.
The Functional Family offers online programs, low-cost memberships, adult ADHD coaching and parent memberships, a podcast and more. Through the Functional Family, Sharon aims to help people and families managing ADHD feel more supported, offer new information, take away all the confusion and make room for joy!
Sharon shares her family’s story, her huge amounts of expertise and her hopes and dreams for The Functional Family in the future. Thank you Sharon!
- Listen to our Spotify playlist –Too Peas: Songs Our Guest Peas Love
- Join our Facebook Hangout
- Find us on YouTube
- Buy our book The Invisible Life Of Us!
- Leave us a speakpipe
- Help spread the love for Too Peas by rating and reviewing us!
- Melbourne forecast for Thursday November 2 - Cloudy, 18 degrees
Thank you for supporting Too Peas In A Podcast! We love to hear from you, please contact us here:
View all episodes
Snap Pea 9130:34Snap Pea 91!Mandy and Kate chat about concerts, and listen to your speak pipes xxx
3. YouTuber Lewis talks about clefts, community and all things Lewlyfe53:01Kate and Mandy chat to Lewis from northwest Tasmania, a lovely young guy who studies media and communications and runs YouTube channel Lewlyfe. Lewis is part of the pea community as he was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate.Lewis talks about growing up managing all the challenges of multiple surgeries, speech therapy and regular check ups with a whole range of doctors and specialists. Primary school was not much fun as he went to a sporty school when he wasn’t into sports, but he found his feet and a loving and supportive community at high school, where his friends loved drama and music as much as he did.Lewis also talks about the impact on his mum and dad, their work in supporting other cleft families, and the support and kindness the whole family received from their church community. Kate and Mandy were also extra impressed to hear the news that Lewis’ dad owns an IGA supermarket, given they’re both very frequent shoppers at their local. Lewis also talks about making the decision to no longer undergo further surgeries, as he’s happy and confident as he is. Lewis is focused on studying, running his YouTube channel and staying involved in his local community.Thanks for sharing your story with us Lewis! Subscribe to Lewis’s YouTube channel Lewlyfe and help him bump up his followers, visit the Lewlyfe website and follow Lewis on Instagram. Visit CleftPals Victoria and Cleft Connect Australia for more information about cleft and palate conditions. Plus: Listen to our Spotify playlist –Too Peas: Songs Our Guest Peas LoveJoin our Facebook HangoutFind us on YouTubeBuy our book The Invisible Life Of Us!Leave us a speakpipe Help spread the love for Too Peas by rating and reviewing us!Melbourne forecast for Thursday February 22 - HOT, late cool change, windy, 38 degrees
2. The Peas are back for 2020-More42:55Part two of "The Peas are back for 2024"
1. The Peas are back for 202449:30The Peas are back for 2024 and listen happily to your speak pipes.Mandy spoke about Tim from Thailand's book https://catalogue.nla.gov.au/catalog/10017028 "With Gratitude"Kate is loving Megan Williams book (she accidentally used the wrong sir name in the episode, sorry Megan) https://www.booktopia.com.au/let-s-never-speak-of-this-again-megan-williams/book/9781922790392.html you can get it here.And Kate's amazing cousin Amy has written this beautiful book GATHER, and you can get it here or follow her on Instagram at underground_coffshttps://chocdaisy.square.site/product/gather-by-amy-barrett/410?cs=true&cst=custoMelbourne's forecast for tomorrow is a lovely 26 with sunshine.
Summer Series: Lisa Cox is changing the way disability is represented in mainstream culture01:22:13