The Happy Pear Podcast
The Science of Dance: Dr. Peter Lovatt Shares his Expertise on the Psychology of Movement
Dr. Peter Lovatt, also known as "Dr. Dance," is a renowned psychologist and researcher who has dedicated his career to exploring the relationship between movement and human behavior. He is an expert in the field of dance psychology, and his work has been featured in numerous academic journals and media outlets.
In the latest episode we sit down with Dr. Dance to discuss the many benefits of dance and movement, both for physical health and mental well-being. Throughout the episode, we explore topics such as the connection between movement and creativity, the role of dance in building social connections, and the positive effects of dance on mental health.
With his infectious energy and enthusiasm, Dr. Dance shares his wealth of knowledge and insights on the power of movement to transform our lives. Whether you're a seasoned dancer or a complete novice, this episode is sure to leave you feeling inspired and motivated to get up and move your body!
So, if you're looking for some uplifting and informative listening, be sure to check out this episode with Dr. Peter Lovatt, aka "Dr. Dance."
Lots of love,
Dave & Steve
Genuinely these are the only shoes you will see Dave & Steve wearing!
Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
View all episodes
138. Spiritual Minimalism to Live a More Fulfilled Life with Light Watkins01:31:28In our second enlightening encounter with Light Watkins, we dive even deeper into the realms of mindfulness and self-discovery. This time, it's a face-to-face conversation filled with profound insights and genuine connections. Join us as we explore the essence of Light's latest book, "Travel Light: Spiritual Minimalism to Live a More Fulfilled Life," and discover how embracing spiritual minimalism can truly transform your life.Light Watkins is a globally recognised meditation teacher, author, and speaker who has been sharing the gift of mindfulness for over two decades. His journey started with a personal quest for inner peace and has since led him to guide countless individuals toward greater clarity, happiness, and purpose. Light's approach to meditation is refreshingly accessible and down-to-earth, making it a perfect fit for anyone seeking to embark on a journey of self-discovery.In this episode, Light shares profound insights on finding simplicity in our complex world, shedding the unnecessary baggage of life, and tapping into the essence of our true selves. Join us as we embark on a thought-provoking and soul-nourishing conversation that will hopefully leave you inspired to embrace spiritual minimalism and live a life of greater fulfillment.Enjoy!Lots of Love,Dave & SteveEpisode Sponsors & Discount Codes:We have partnered with Instant, to bring you this amazing offer on their Vortex VersaZone Air Fryer now £149.99 (no code needed) until end of September , please follow the this link: https://bit.ly/3PybzypVivobarefoot Footwear. Vivobarefoot Footwear have given our listeners an exclusive 15% discount when you enter the code HAPPYPEAR15 Genuinely these are the only shoes you will see Dave & Steve wearing!Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
137. Breaking Stereotypes: How Rugby Player Anthony Mullally Addresses Mental Health and Redefining Masculinity01:01:23Join us in this week as we have the pleasure of sitting in person with Anthony Mullally, the former rugby league star turned performance coach. Anthony's journey is nothing short of inspiring, and in this episode, we delve into his remarkable transformation from a professional athlete to a dedicated advocate for plant-based living, all while tackling important subjects like mental health and personal growth.Anthony is a name that resonates with rugby league fans, having played for some of the sport's biggest teams, including Leeds Rhinos and Warrington Wolves. But Anthony's story takes a fascinating turn as he transitioned from the demanding world of professional sports to becoming a leading performance coach. His journey is a testament to the power of resilience and reinvention.In this episode, we explore the challenges and rewards of Anthony’s dietary shift, shedding light on how plant-based nutrition can optimise performance, recovery, and overall well-being.But our conversation doesn't stop at diet; we dive deep into the world of mental health and personal development. Anthony's insights into the mental challenges athletes face and the strategies he employs to address them are not only valuable for sports enthusiasts but for anyone looking to enhance their mental resilience.Discover more about Anthony Mullally's transformative journey and his work as a performance coach by visiting his website here. This episode is a must-listen for those seeking inspiration, motivation, and a fresh perspective on how plant-based living can lead to peak performance and holistic wellness.Enjoy!Lots of Love,Dave & Steve xWe have partnered with our FAVOURITE Instant Brand! Dave is particularly obsessed with their Vortex VersaZone Air Fryer which is currently on 25% discount, click here to find out more!This episode is sponsored by Air Up. This revolutionary water bottle that will blow your mind and get you drinking tons more water, have given our listeners an exclusive 10% discount when you enter the code HAPPYPEAR10Find tickets to our FIRST live podcast ever, here; https://whaletheatre.ticketsolve.com/ticketbooth/shows/873639522Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
136. Exploring Sustainable Farming with Jade Miles from Black Barn Farm01:06:45In this week’s captivating episode, we delve into the fascinating world of sustainable farming with author and co-founder of Black Barn Farm, Jade Miles.Black Barn Farm, is a biodiverse orchard, nursery and workshop space in north east Victoria which is a magnet for visitors to learn about permaculture, homesteading, as well as to pick-their-own from some of the 98 varieties of heritage fruit and berries. Jade's journey from urban living to becoming a passionate advocate for regenerative agriculture is a true inspiration. A renowned sustainable farmer and environmental activist, with a background in ecology and a deep love for the earth, Jade, alongside her partner Charles Showers, embarked on a life-changing adventure to establish Black Barn Farm, a thriving hub for regenerative farming practices. Her commitment to ethical and sustainable agriculture has earned her recognition in the field.Jade is part of a growing wave of women keen to arm themselves with skills like farming, composting, making and mending, and pickling and preserving. Just as the Covid-19 lockdown and its closure of supermarkets and limited food supplies were a call to arms for amateur sourdough bakers, Miles and her cohort were inspired by impending climate change, like the 2020 summer bushfires, to become more self-sufficient and less reliant on material and consumer culture.Join us for an enlightening conversation with Jade Miles, as we uncover the secrets of sustainable farming and its vital role in creating a healthier planet. Lots of love,Dave & SteveThis episode is sponsored by Vivobarefoot Footwear. Vivobarefoot Footwear have given our listeners an exclusive 15% discount when you enter the code HAPPYPEAR15 Genuinely these are the only shoes you will see Dave & Steve wearing!Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
135. Nurturing Women's Health: A Conversation with Rohini Bajekal01:08:10Welcome to another illuminating episode! In this engaging discussion, we're joined by Rohini Bajekal, a highly regarded plant-based nutritionist, to explore the multifaceted realm of women's health.Together, we delve into the profound impact of plant-based nutrition on women's well-being, touching on various aspects of women's health, including managing conditions like PCOS and navigating the transformative journey of menopause.Rohini's expertise shines as we uncover the science-backed benefits of a balanced, plant-based diet, offering insights into its potential to manage and alleviate symptoms associated with conditions such as PCOS. We also explore how nutrition plays a pivotal role in promoting overall health and vitality throughout a woman's life. And how Rohini herself navigated herself through the nutrition space as a plant-based practitioner.Beyond nutrition, Rohini shares her valuable involvement in The Happy Pear's Menopause Course, a comprehensive resource designed to empower women with knowledge and practical tools to optimise their health. This course encompass a wide spectrum of topics, from hormonal balance to mental well-being, embracing a holistic approach to women's health.Whether you're interested in understanding the role of nutrition in women's health, seeking guidance on managing specific conditions, or simply looking to enhance your overall well-being, this episode offers a wealth of wisdom and inspiration.Enjoy!Lots of love,Dave & Steve xThis episode is sponsored by Air Up. This revolutionary water bottle that will blow your mind and get you drinking tons more water, have given our listeners an exclusive 10% discount when you enter the code HAPPY10 And for more information on the Happy Menopause course check out https://bit.ly/HappyMenopauseProduced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
134. Why Woo Woo and The Power of Your Mind Works with Dr David Hamilton01:15:04In this week’s episode we delve into the fascinating world of "Why Woo Woo Works" with the esteemed Dr. David Hamilton.Dr. David Hamilton, a distinguished author and a holder of a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, brings a unique blend of scientific expertise and spiritual wisdom to our discussion. With a rich background in the pharmaceutical industry and a profound understanding of the mind-body connection, Dr. Hamilton has become a leading authority in bridging the gap between science and spirituality.In this episode, we explore the profound implications of "woo-woo" concepts, going beyond their mystical reputation to uncover the scientific principles that underlie them. Dr. Hamilton sheds light on the incredible influence of our thoughts and intentions on our overall health and well-being, drawing from his extensive knowledge in quantum physics and consciousness.Join us on a journey of self-discovery and empowerment as we learn practical strategies for harnessing the power of our minds. Dr. Hamilton's insights will inspire you to tap into your own "woo-woo" potential, combining spirituality and science to create a more fulfilling life.Discover why "Why Woo Woo Works" is more than just a catchphrase and how you can integrate its principles into your everyday life. Enjoy!Lots of Love,Dave & Steve xThis episode is sponsored by Air Up. This revolutionary water bottle that will blow your mind and get you drinking tons more water, have given our listeners an exclusive 10% discount when you enter the code HAPPY10 Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
133. Surfing, planting trees, biodiversity and the planet with pro surfer Matt Smith01:36:40Get ready to be inspired by the incredible journey of Matt Smith, a true sustainability trailblazer and the dynamic CEO of Hometree Charity. Matt's passion for positive change is matched only by his impressive credentials. Armed with a foundation degree in Natural Science, he's not only well-versed in environmental matters but also deeply committed to making a difference.In 2013, Matt co-founded a regenerative agriculture farm, showcasing his innovative spirit and dedication to nurturing the Earth. But that's not all—his love for the oceans led him to own an annual ocean-based publication, a celebration of marine wonder that resonates with his adventurous spirit.A published writer in his own right, Matt's words have powerfully conveyed the essence of sustainability, eco-consciousness, and unity with nature. His writing serves as a roadmap for those seeking a greener path forward.Matt recently completed a 'critical leadership' course with Cumbria University, guided by the eminent Prof Jem Bendell. This reflects his unyielding commitment to personal growth and effective leadership, adding an exciting dimension to his already impressive repertoire.Join us in this week’s episode as we uncover the vibrant tapestry of Matt's life, from regenerative farming to oceanic appreciation, and his pivotal role in steering Hometree Charity towards a brighter, more sustainable future. Tune in and let Matt's uplifting journey ignite your own drive to create positive change!Enjoy!Lots of love,Dave & SteveThis episode is sponsored by Vivobarefoot Footwear. Vivobarefoot Footwear have given our listeners an exclusive 15% discount when you enter the code HAPPYPEAR15 Genuinely these are the only shoes you will see Dave & Steve wearing!Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
132. Mental Health & Depression with Dr Caroline Leaf01:25:27Get ready for an insightful episode as we speak with renowned neuroscientist and bestselling author, Dr. Caroline Leaf! In this conversation, Dr. Leaf delves into the crucial topics of mental health and depression, while also giving a sneak peek into her upcoming book, "How to Help Your Child Clean Up Their Mental Mess: A Guide to Building Resilience and Managing Mental Health."Dr. Caroline Leaf's credentials as a world-leading cognitive neuroscientist and communication pathologist, with a Ph.D. in Communication Pathology specialising in Neuropsychology, set the stage for a truly captivating discussion. With her wealth of experience and expertise, Dr. Leaf has garnered international acclaim for her groundbreaking research on the mind-brain connection and her compassionate approach to mental well-being.In this candid and compassionate episode, Dr. Leaf opens up about the profound impact of mental health on our lives and the lives of our loved ones. She addresses the pressing issue of depression, debunking common myths and shedding light on how it affects individuals of all ages.Using her expertise and extensive research, Dr. Caroline Leaf shares valuable insights on how we can proactively manage and improve our mental well-being. She empowers listeners with practical tools and techniques to recognise the signs of mental distress, fostering a greater sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.Throughout the episode, Dr. Leaf's compassionate approach shines through as she emphasises the power of self-acceptance and the value of seeking professional help when needed. Her insights on building resilience and nurturing positive thought patterns offer hope and encouragement to anyone struggling with mental health concerns.While Dr. Caroline Leaf briefly mentions her forthcoming book on helping children with their mental mess, the focus of this episode remains on the broader topic of mental health and depression. An insightful episode we hope you got as much out of it as we did.Enjoy!Lots of love,Dave & SteveThis episode is sponsored by Air Up. This revolutionary water bottle that will blow your mind and get you drinking tons more water, have given our listeners an exclusive 10% discount when you enter the code HAPPYPEAR10Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
131. Tom Turcich: The Tenth Person to walk around the World01:09:08In our latest, meet Tom Turcich, the man who transformed his dream into reality by dedicating over half his life to an extraordinary mission. From the age of seventeen to thirty-three, Tom embarked on a single-minded adventure, walking around the world. On May 21st, 2022, he achieved the unimaginable, becoming the tenth person ever to complete this monumental feat!Tom, shares his inspiring story, and the essence of his remarkable journey. Experience the highs and lows, the friendships formed, and the boundless beauty of our planet, all encountered one step at a time.With infectious enthusiasm and genuine humility, Tom's world walk reminds us that audacious dreams are attainable with unwavering determination. Get ready to be inspired and uplifted as you explore the world through Tom Turcich's extraordinary adventure.Enjoy!Lots of Love,Dave & SteveThis episode is sponsored by Vivobarefoot Footwear. Vivobarefoot Footwear have given our listeners an exclusive 15% discount when you enter the code HAPPYPEAR15 Genuinely these are the only shoes you will see Dave & Steve wearing!Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt
130. Ideology, Financial Freedom, A.I. and Composting with Josh Whiton01:45:39Josh Whiton is a regenerative technologist working to repair the Planet and our relationship to it.At the age of 23, he founded a tech-startup that improved public transit usage, reduced car dependency, and created jobs while reducing fossil fuel emissions and the carbon footprint of millions. It was later acquired by the Ford Motor Company and became Ford Smart Mobility.For his positive contributions to society and the environment, Josh was named Champion of Change by the Obama administration. He was also awarded a Global Impact Visa by the New Zealand government, and his work has been highlighted by Fast Company magazine as among the world’s most innovative.One of his latest initiatives is helping communities worldwide to establish a more beautiful food system by creating new living soil together. Now in 70+ countries and growing, people can participate in creating a more sustainable, resilient, and distributed food system at MakeSoil.org. Josh also co-founded one of the first urban farms in the southeastern United States. Still in operation today, the urban farm helps thousands of people each year to participate in and benefit from local food production.Josh is an avid writer, speaker, and builder of technology, and continues to explore the implications of technology on humanity and nature. He also shares original and compelling insights about the nature of artificial intelligence on Substack.In his episode we had the pleasure of hosting Josh in person, the conversation was so good we actually had to stop and record it in two parts! This part one we delve deep into what it is to be an entrepreneur, Josh’s fascinating back story, religion, soil and so much more!Enjoy!Lots of love,Dave & SteveThis episode is sponsored by Vivobarefoot Footwear. Vivobarefoot Footwear have given our listeners an exclusive 15% discount when you enter the code HAPPYPEAR15 Genuinely these are the only shoes you will see Dave & Steve wearing!Produced by Sean Cahill & Sara Fawsitt