7. The streaming shift: Exploring the rise of FAST channels35:57In this special edition of The Amp Podcast, Executive Director Richard Broughton sits down with Valerio Motti, VP of FAST Channels at Fremantle, Marion Ranchet, founder of The Local Act Consultancy, and Ampere's Dan Monaghan, to discuss all things FAST (that's free, ad-supported streaming TV). We discuss the origins of this new service, what content works best on a FAST channel, and the challenges facing this industry going forward.
View all episodes
6. The future of linear and public service broadcasters29:52On this week's show, Alice Thorpe sits down with Cyrine Amor and Minal Modha to discuss the future strategies of public service broadcasters to retain relevance, and how viewing habits for linear and streaming are evolving.
5. The TV and streaming industry in Europe38:20In this months episode, we discuss the current and future state of the TV and streaming industry in Europe. Nick Thomas talks to Sam Young about the battle over theatrical release windows in France, Neil Anderson about consolidation in the TV industry across Europe, and finally Jaanika Juntson discusses SkyShowtime's recent rollout in Europe. Production by Rory Gooderick.Follow Ampere Analysis on Twitter: @AmpereAnalysisSign up to The Amp weekly newsletter here
4. What does the future hold for SVoD and BVoD?41:30In this months episode, we talk about the future of SVoD and BVoD. Minal Modha talks to Fred Black about the recent downturn in commissions in the US, Richard Cooper about the recent stagnation of streaming services in the US, and finally Lottie Towler about her recent work on how BVoD's can better compete in this market. Production by Rory Gooderick.Follow Ampere Analysis on Twitter: @AmpereAnalysisSign up to The Amp weekly newsletter hereFor more information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
3. Are streaming services content with their content?23:56In this special episode of The Amp Podcast, we travel across the pond to our office in Los Angeles to discuss all things content. Executive Director Guy Bisson is joined by Ben French and Christen Tamisin to discuss the value of content on streaming services, and the evolving content strategies of HBO Max, Disney+ and Hulu.
2. Film awards data, movie windowing strategies and ad-loads on streaming services30:28In this episode we look at the different monetisation strategies used by studios in the film industry. With the Oscars right around the corner, Joe Hall talks through his recent research into award data, Alice Thorpe talks about her insights into movie windowing strategies, and finally Peter Ingram details the advertising loads on Netflix and Disney+'s new ad-funded tiers. Production by Rory Gooderick.Follow Ampere Analysis on Twitter: @AmpereAnalysisSign up to The Amp weekly newsletter here
1. 2022 and beyond: Key trends across TV, Games, and Sports.33:50In our first episode of 2023, we look back at the key trends that defined 2022 in the media, games, and sport industry, whilst also directing our gaze forward to what the industry can expect in the year ahead. Ed Border is joined by Lottie Towler, Fred Black, Ben McMurray and Louise Shorthouse to discuss these trends.Production by Rory Gooderick.Follow Ampere Analysis on Twitter: @AmpereAnalysisSign up to The Amp weekly newsletter hereFor more information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy