24. #24 - The Letter E26:34We've made it round the alphabet! What was the original name for the escalator? When would you need an emergency walk? What is ecdysis and why might you be doing it right now? Where would you have an eargasm? Which famous poet liked eructation? What is echolalia? Plus another letter to help boost your Scrabble and Words with Friends game.
View all episodes
23. #23 - The Letter D24:00Who made a living out of death? Where can you check your dactylogram? Why are denim jeans called denim jeans? What causes you to be dentiloquent and when would you be dudevorced? Plus, find out what causes destinesia and another letter to help boost your Scrabble and Words with Friends game. Hear the funny side of the dictionary with Damien St John and Paul Gannon.
22. #22 - The Letter C20:31What animal used to be known as a camelopard? Where did the phrase Cakewalk come from? Which word has replaced cockamamie? Which sport is crokinole most like? When would you be carcoleptic? Plus, another cheat letter to help you be better at Scrabble and Words with Friends. And a game of cliche tennis with Damien St John and Paul Gannon.
21. #21 - The Letter B21:34What would Britain have to give back in a Brexit? Why do marketers Barnumise to sell stuff? When would you be causing a Brouhaha? Where would you be B-boying? Plus, which word ending in the letter B scores best in Scrabble and Words with Friends? Hear the funny side of the dictionary with Damien St John and Paul Gannon.
20. #20 - The Letter A21:40When are you engaged in Argle-Bargle, why is most of the world filled with Ackamarackus, what is an Apple Wife, how do anonyms help Chinese people and where does the humble Avocado come from? Plus, which A word can help you win at Scrabble and Words with Friends? Listen to the funny side of the Dictionary with Damien St John and Paul Gannon.
19. #19 - The Letters X, Y & Z24:07When did X come to mean a kiss? Where would you have a Zorgasm? What does a Yogi Bogey Box do? Who coined the phrase Yippee Ki Yay? What's another name for a remote control? Find out in the special XYZ episode of The Thicktionary with Damien St John and Paul Gannon. Get in touch @thickpodcast
18. #18 - The Letter W21:15Where do words come from? Each week we look at the old, new, and curious to find out. Who created Budweiser's Whassup advert? Where would you find Witches Knickers? When might you have the Woofits? What sport is known as Whiff-Waff? Whose coat of arms has three squirrels? Get the answers in this week's episode of The Thicktionary with Damien St John and Paul Gannon. Get in touch @thickpodcast