The Taming of the Shrewd
Episode 7: Fundraising & supporter engagement on TikTok
The brilliant Nana Crawford joins us for the final episode of the series to talk about how charities and social enterprises can use TikTok to engage supporters and raise money.
Nana is Social Media Manager at the British Red Cross, one of the first charities to successfully jump on board TikTok. Having initially used it to share first aid advice, they became particularly active on TikTok during the early stages of the coronavirus pandemic, first by sharing public health messaging, then to raise money for their Covid-19 campaign.
Nana explained that you don’t need loads of time or even a budget to get started on TikTok, and shared five actionable ideas, many of which apply to other social media platforms too. We discussed how to:
- Start familiarising yourself with TikTok so that you feel comfortable using it
- Grab attention by jumping on existing TikTok trends, and identify the best trends for your organisation
- Easily create engaging videos within TikTok (we also discussed the types of video that work particularly well on TikTok)
- Begin introducing fundraising messaging and campaigns to your followers
- Involve everyone in your organisation in producing authentic and relaxed content
Thanks so much to Nana for sharing her tips and being such a lively and energetic guest!
This is the final episode of our first series of The Taming of the Shrewd. If you’ve enjoyed it, give us some encouragement for the next series by leaving a five-star review via the Acast app or here on Google. Also, get in touch with any suggestions for future topics and guests for the podcast. Thanks and see you in 2021!