The Shift To Freedom
Getting Comfortable In Our Zone of Genius with Sophie Weill
Joining me today to talk about the zone of genius is Sophie Weill, Founder of the PR Agency Nude Nation Relations and host of the Active Ingredient podcast.
Together, we unravel this fascinating topic. We delve into what is the zone of genius, why it is often related to the Japanese "Ikigai" concept, and what we can do to operate 100% of the time in it.
We discuss what it takes to hone the skills that belong to our zone of genius, why we feel miserable when we spend too much time out of it, and why, by doing this, we end up blocking others from accessing their own. We also differentiate zone of genius from zone of excellence, analyze the "know every moving part of your company" business model, and introduce the concept of enrolling as an upgrade of the word, delegating.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What it means to operate in our zone of genius (2:02)
- Does our "original setup," or how we are hardwired, affect how we connect with our zone of genius (4:59)
- How do we block others from operating in their zone of genius when we decide to work out of ours (9:23)
- The importance of checking in with ourselves regularly (20:25)
- The differences between zone of genius and zone of excellence (27:56)
- When we feel effective and impactful yet not productive, how can we change that mentality (31:45)
- Nude Nation Relations website
- Active Ingredient Podcast
- Book: Gay Hendricks - The Big Leap
Connect with Sophie: