Can fashion solve overproduction?
Today we discuss the environmental and social effects of overproduction in the fashion industry, and try to look ahead with optimism. We discuss:
- Why overproduction occurs in the first place, and how it affects the Sell Through Rate at retailers.
- Why is it so hard to get the data? We unwrap the extensive 2022 Fashion Transparency Index report.
- The new market for discarded textiles, with oil refinery-type services in India and beyond.
- The need for recycling innovations, and our recent visit to Renewcell’s new factory.
- And our favourite initiatives from digital and physical fashion that could turn the negative trend around.
With: Konrad Olsson, Editor-in-Chief & Founder, Megha Prakash, Editorial Assistant, and Erik Sedin, Junior Editor.