Law Firm Growth Podcast
Recruiting the Best Candidates for Your Law Firm with Andrew Wilcox
>> Get the newest LFG episodes delivered to your inbox when you Sign Up for our Newsletter.
- Get help finding your next new hire with Wilcox & Hackett Legal Talent Consulting
- Close more of your ideal clients with our Double Your Case Files Masterclass
- Estate planning attorney? Plug into a proven system for consistent revenue with Seminar 2.0
If you’ve ever tried to hire the perfect candidate for your law firm (or find a new law firm to call home), you know how challenging it can be. So how can you make sure you’re finding the right fit? While there’s not always a straightforward answer, legal talent consultant Andrew Wilcox joins us to provide some expert insights.
Andrew knows how to deliver top talent for law firms. He has recruited for big firms (like those in the AM Law Top 5) and small practices, alike. He’s an expert on the type of people you should bring into your law practice and his experience has given him a wealth of first-hand knowledge of knowing what to look for when hiring legal talent.
If you’re hiring for your firm or seeking a new position, you won’t want to miss today’s episode.
In this week’s podcast, Andrew Wilcox of Wilcox and Hackett Legal Talent Consulting joins us to discuss the top challenges in recruiting for law firms, the common red flags he avoids in candidates and why having a book of business as a candidate isn’t as important as you might think.
There’s much more to learn in this episode about getting the right talent for your firm, so tune in now!
In this episode:
- 00:54 - How Andrew got started in law firm recruiting
- 02:44 - Top challenges in recruiting for the legal field
- 06:46 - Characteristics to watch for in candidates
- 10:24 - Can small firms have an advantage in recruiting candidates?
- 17:09 - The three paths of succession planning and why you need it
- 22:39 - Does having a ‘book of business’ matter for candidates?
- 28:39 - Why firms should consider their business plan
- 35:48 - Who should get in touch with Andrew
About Andrew Wilcox:
Andrew is the owner of Wilcox and Hackett, LLC, a legal talent search, performance measurement, client development, and storytelling/planning consulting firm since 2004 where he has worked with small law firms to firms in the AM Law Top 5. Over that time, Andrew has helped place shareholders, and associates and has worked extensively on firm mergers. Experience includes working from the discovery of interested firms, through merger, developing measurable business plans through training partners and associates on client development process. Get in touch with Andrew at andrew@Wilcox-legal.com.
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.