Law Firm Growth Podcast
Innovations in Payment Processing for Legal with Dan Lear
>> Get the newest LFG episodes delivered to your inbox when you Sign Up for our Newsletter.
- Accept and manage money easily for your law firm with Gravity Legal
- Download Gravity Legal’s Payment Processing guide
- Get access to our Estate Planning Masterclass when you join our Law Firm Growth Secrets Facebook group
- Estate planning attorney? Supercharge your firm growth online with Seminar 3.0 Growth System
Hiring an attorney is an expensive process. Yet, only maybe 2 or 3 out of every 10 firms accept credit cards as a payment option.
As a whole, the legal industry has been resistant to technological changes. And while attorneys have to think about a lot of things on the job, many firms drop the ball when it comes to thinking about how to effectively collect and process payments.
But what if you could implement a financial infrastructure that allows your firm to deliver legal services better - without worrying about getting paid?
In this week’s podcast, Dan Lear of Gravity Legal joins us to talk about how firms can get a fresh take on payment processing to make their services more accessible and increase revenue.
Dan discusses his thoughts on why the legal industry is slow to innovate, the state of payment processing for legal and how law firms can implement a better way to get paid.
There’s much more to learn in this episode about scaling your firm, so tune in now!
In this episode:
- 01:00 - Dan’s background
- 05:20 - Thoughts on why the legal industry is resistant to change
- 10:24 - Exciting trends in legal
- 13:51 - The state of payment processing for law firms
- 20:19 - Shifting credit card processing fees
- 30:58 - Payment processing and your practice management system
- 33:40 - Customer success examples
About Dan Lear:
Dan Lear is a lawyer and legal industry gadfly and the Chief Instigator of Right Brain Law. As a practicing attorney he advised technology companies from startups to the Fortune 100. Since his transition from tech lawyer to legal technologist Dan’s been mentioned, featured, or published widely in the legal industry press and spoken to legal and non-legal audiences in a number of settings including at SXSW Interactive, Ignite Seattle, Georgetown University, Stanford University, ReInvent Law, and the National Conference of Bar Presidents. Most recently, Dan was the Director of Industry Relations for Avvo.
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.