Law Firm Growth Podcast
From Mary Kay Rep to Laptop Lifestyle Lawyer: How to Take Charge of Work-Life Balance with Kara Vaval
>> Get the newest LFG episodes delivered to your inbox when you Sign up for our Newsletter <<
- Create your best lifestyle with Laptop Lifestyle Lawyer
- Get access to Close Your Next Consultation training and other valuable resources when you join our Facebook group
- Estate planning attorney? Plug into a proven system for consistent revenue with Seminar 2.0
Kara Vaval had an unusual rise to success as an attorney. After passing the bar exam, she was surprised to find out she was pregnant with her first child. With her new role as mom, Kara yearned for more freedom and flexibility.
Her desire for work-life balance led her to take a job in direct sales, where she learned things that revolutionized the way she thought about running a business. Armed with this new knowledge, Kara opened a successful personal injury firm and a coaching program aimed at helping other attorneys - all from just a laptop.
Today, we explore the lessons she learned from her unconventional climb to success and what they can teach you about creating your own work-life balance.
In today’s episode, Kara Vaval of Vaval Law and InPowerment Institute joins us to discuss how you can take control of your lifestyle to achieve more flexibility and freedom.
She discusses the lessons she’s learned from her direct sales experience, why you must shift focus on essential revenue-generating activities, plus much more. Kara reminds us that no one is getting out of here alive and makes a case on why you should create the lifestyle you want now.
There’s much more to learn in this episode about creating your best life, so tune in now!
In this episode:
- 01:20 - Background on Kara’s Book, 28,000 Days
- 03:50 - How Kara’s outlook changed
- 09:53 - Discussing work-life balance
- 14:50 - Lessons learned from direct sales about building a business
- 22:28 - Why you shouldn’t fear failure in business
- 26:00 - Who the Laptop Lifestyle Lawyer ® course is for
- 31:00 - How to build relationships to find clients
- 38:27 - How to determine what to keep vs. delegate in your firm
About Kara Vaval:
Kara Vaval is an Attorney known as The Laptop Lifestyle Lawyer ®. She is an author, keynote speaker, business development coach, and the President of Vaval Law, a personal injury law firm. Kara is also the CEO of the InPowerment Institute, LLC, an educational and empowerment platform geared towards delivering courses, training, and coaching services to students eager to create their best life. She is a mother of 2 amazing children who enjoys playing tennis in her free time.
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.