The Kid Code Playground
Transform the Burden of a Secret, Part 2
Title: Transform the Burden of a Secret, Part 2
Subtitle: Dissolve The Stress Around Secrets Without Telling The Secret
I’m back with Gina Nelson—an artist, writer, Energy Healing Therapist and Body Mind Counselor but most importantly, she is a mother of a 13-year-old son.
When Gina was experiencing some of her most debilitating and hidden experiences, she saw her need to become the Secret Keeper. Gina’s role is to educate and empower others to defuse and transform the energy of secrets so that each person has more energy and permission for their much-deserved joy seeking.
She hopes concepts shared during this podcast can create more self-compassion for parents and offer fun, useful tools for their children. Together we can teach ourselves and our loved ones to move away from shame and isolation and towards connection.
Gina offers us simple, but profound ways to dissolve the stressful energy around secrets. Please listen to the last podcast to learn what the S,E,C,R, and E mean in the word Secrets!
T: in the word Secret, the letter ‘t’ is to ‘tend to’.
S: Support system (great strategy for kids to learn who is part of them team—with a note by their bed!).
Gina’s upcoming book is called The Energy of Secrets, Ease the Burden of Your Secrets Without Having To Share Them.
Gina has also illustrated a book: We have created a picture book that is entertaining, teaches children how to express and deal with negative feelings, and demonstrates to parents how to assist their children in this process. A Garbage Can Day is the story of a boy who has a very bad day and thinks that he'll be sad forever. Playing the Garbage Can Day Game is the way he learns that he can choose another way. You can too! Come along on Jake's journey as he discovers the amazing power he has to recognize, share and learn how to change his emotions. One unexpected reaction from most adults with whom we have shared this story is that it seems to touch the child within and evoke memories long forgotten and often, unresolved. Many expressed that they wished a book like this had been available to them as children. We hope our story touches your heart.
Contact Gina at:
Look for Gina’s SECRETS on her website: it’s a useful tool to discover healthier secret keeping for yourself and use to teach others.
View all episodes
111. My Kids Are Button Pushers!04:40Isn’t it strange that we do things we don’t really want to—like react negatively towards our kids? This podcast helps us see that we can correct our own course with a simple question.Show Notes:Eliot Hoppe, Serene Hypnotherapy Health and Wellnesshttps://firstname.lastname@example.org
110. Teaching Kids To Change Course05:33This week we’re talking about how to ask a few simple questions to go from making decisions that lead to some degree of destruction to making decisions that come from a place of collaboration—and way less internal stress.Show NotesEliot’s contact info:Eliot Hoppe, Serene Hypnotherapy Health and Wellnesshttps://email@example.com
109. A Course Correction For Ourselves06:31We can take our instructions from a negative thought or ask ourselves a simple question or two to change course! That sounds too easy. Try it and see!Show Notes:Eliot Hoppe, Serene Hypnotherapy Health and Wellnesshttps://firstname.lastname@example.org
108. The ‘To Do’s’—Til Death Do Us Part04:23This simple secret is like taking a feel-good tranquilizer without the side effects when stress arises around the never ending ‘to-do’s’!
107. How Did Someone You Love Change You?04:59Who are you grateful for? Why? How did that change you? How can you use that to help your kids and others?Contemplating how your life changed and how you can help others feel peaceful instead of panicky or paranoid is a good life-skill.
106. Kindness Is Free - Part 1405:51With this recap of our Kindness Series you are invited to take the joy-causing strategies into your future with you.
105. Kindness Is Free - Part 1308:57The Princess, Lady Diana, and The Pauper, Mother Teresa both led lives that were blessed in some ways and impoverished in others—what they had in common—and spread around themselves, was kindness.
104. Kindness Is Free - Part 1202:25Dedicate your day to kindness with a simple affirmation in the morning when your eyes pop open—and silently count how many times you can be kind to yourself and others each day—for the next week.
103. Kindness Is Free - Part 1102:10Were you born lovable?