The Kid Code Playground
103. Kindness Is Free - Part 1102:10Were you born lovable?
102. Kindness Is Free - Part 1003:25Regulate yourself out of unkindness and cruelty before the urge materializes—with one simple statement.
101. Kindness Is Free - Part 903:39Did you know that when, on autopilot, we judge another person, we are doing it to make ourselves feel superior, feel better? The cure for the unkindness of judging another human being is in providing ourselves with inner security. Listen to see how.
100. Kindness Is Free - Part 804:01What do you (unconsciously) gain by not forgiving yourself? Are there any more good reasons you can find for not forgiving yourself? Can you see that it’s actually ludicrous to not forgive yourself?
99. Kindness Is Free - Part 703:15Making a mistake is not a good enough reason to not forgive yourself, withhold love from yourself, be unkind to yourself. Making a mistake that’s not remedied causes guilt and that causes suffering. This simple strategy will guide you to the freedom of forgiving yourself!
98. Kindness Is Free - Part 605:37A quick reminder and simplified version of ridding yourself of guilt over how you’ve treated your kids and others awaits! If we want to be truly free to naturally be kind, we have to dissolve the learned parts of ourselves that hold on to the idea that we’re bad and should feel guilt. Our job is to blossom ourselves, not devalue ourselves and if we’ve been mean to someone, it will store in the unconscious mind and guilt will arise to haunt us.
97. Kindness Is Free - Part 505:40Self-honesty, a few minutes, and 6 simple steps to letting go of guilt and finally giving ourselves the kindness of forgiveness. This is one of the most helpful exercises I’ve ever done to dissolve guilt.
96. Kindness Is Free - Part 405:43What are the stumbling blocks to giving yourself kindness? You can’t hate yourself into being a better person, so that thinking needs to go. Believing that you’re not good enough, or believing you’re bad because bad things have happened to you isn’t a good reason to withhold kindness. We shouldn’t be forgiven because we’ve done bad things also isn’t a logical argument for not giving ourselves kindness. We could recognize we have done bad things because we were ignorant, and be kind to ourselves and others as atonement! That means, in case it wasn’t clear, be kind is the atonement, being kind is making up for being unconscious that we were hurting ourselves and others. See how it’s true that we are worthy!
95. Kindness Is Free - Part 304:53Take a couple of minutes to think about what kindness means to you when you demonstrate it to your kids and other people. Is it kind to show patience, compassion, playfulness (when your kids want to play, for example), etc. What else can you do to show kindness to the people in your life? Can you think of someone who is kind and see how and why you would like to live like that? Can you give that same kindness to yourself—so that you are giving yourself a dose of love-flooding, pain-reducing, upset-dissolving ‘feel good hormones?’