The Hype Happy Hour
Interview with Percent Founder Nelson Chu
What’s the difference between a business and a startup?
We try to get to the bottom of this question and many others on today’s episode of the Hype Happy Hour.
Fintech CEO Guest Nelson Chu (Founder of Percent) joins us to discuss the ins and outs of venture capital, the fintech industry, and the art of building a startup from scratch.
- How long you should expect it to take to build a company
- The art of creating a user-friendly experience
- What it takes to nail the details
- The unique needs of a 21st century tech startup
Hype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/list
MicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.com
Author Website: michaelfschein.com
Learn more about our guest’s company at Percent.com.
View all episodes
13. Interview with Michael Mager from Precision Neuroscience25:51If you're a fan of science fiction, you will enjoy this episode of the Hype Happy Hour Podcast. We delve into the fascinating world of building connections between the human brain and computers.Our host, Michael F. Schein, engages in an interesting conversation with the Co-Founder and CEO of Precision Neuroscience, a company dedicated to developing brain-computer interfaces to assist individuals with neurological conditions. He partnered with Ben Rapoport to help translate Precision Neuroscience’s intellectual property into a business capable of reaching millions of patients. Mager has built, invested in, and managed companies across diverse geographies and industries, with a focus on technology and technology-enabled businesses. He received his undergraduate degree from Harvard College and earned an MPhil degree in economic history from the University of Cambridge.In this episode, we not only explore the profound impact of this neurotechnology on people's health but also dig into the crucial importance of making complex concepts accessible when your business revolves around highly specialized subjects. We examine how this accessibility influences teamwork dynamics and enhances the likelihood of attracting new investors.Resources:The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.comPrecision's website: https://precisionneuro.io/
12. Interview with Lauren Bongiorno from Risely Health30:42Discussing health can be challenging…but when approached the right way, doing so can change lives. In this episode of the Hype Happy Hour Podcast, host, Michael F. Schein talks with Lauren Bongiorno, the founder and CEO of Risely Health. Risely Health is a health coaching company that focuses on diabetes management.Lauren has been navigating Type 1 Diabetes since the age of 7 and has built on every single one of the lessons she learned through that journey. Her core belief is that when our health transforms, so does everything else.In this episode, we explore the following topics:The ability to make changes as a leader when you deeply believe in your missionThe importance of listening to those who want to support you while making decisions based on your intuition.The value of flexibility and responsiveness in delivering meaningful content to your audience at the right timeIf you're curious to learn more about Risely Health, you can find additional information here: Instagram: @lauren_bongiorno Website: www.riselyhealth.comResources:The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.com
11. Interview with Jon Brodsky from YouNow Media29:20Do you think you only get the things you ask for? In this episode of the Hype Happy Hour Podcast we talk to Jon Brodsky about the significance of effective communication in achieving your desires.Jon Brodsky is currently the CEO of YouNow Media, one of the world's leading livestreaming social networks. Previously, he was the USCEO of Finder.com, a leading comparison shopping site. He has also held leadership roles at Chicken Soup for the Soul,1-800-Flowers, and Allmenus.com.During our conversation, cover the following topics:The importance of finding joy in your pursuitsLeadership lessons based on boundaries and trustThe art of saying no...and yesResources:The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.comYouKnow Media: younow.com
9. Interview with Viral Internet Sensation Caleb Sims-Mead12:36Can a 12-year-old teach us something about hype? When it comes to making viral videos on TikTok, the answer is yes! In this episode of the Hype Happy Hour Podcast, our host Michael F. Schein sits down with Caleb Sims-Mead, a talented young whippersnapper who has not only turned his passion for video games into creative content but has also started making money from it.Topics include: The power of consistent content creation (why producing more content can lead to greater success)The importance of creating content for a specific communityTurning viral content into profitResources:The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.com
8. Interview with Jessica Spaulding from Harlem Chocolate Factory44:02How can you transform a passion into a business? In this episode of the Hype Happy Hour, we talk to Jessica Spaulding, Founderand CEO of Harlem Chocolate Factory, a premium chocolatier rooted firmly in the Harlem cultural experience.Host Michael F. Schein, speaks with Jessica about:The real secret to investing your time wiselyHow to stay open to listening and learning from your environmentLearning from your mistakes as an entrepreneurThe challenges of growing a retail business (and how to get around them)If you want to know more about Jessica and Harlem Chocolate Factory, check out:Web site: www.harlemchocolatefactory.com Facebook: Harlem Chocolate Factory Twitter: @harlemchocofact Instagram: @harlemchocolatefactory Resources:The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.com
7. Interview with David Beilinson43:45In today's digital landscape, every company is a media company. In this episode of the Hype Happy Hour Podcast, Michael F. Schein, sits down with filmmaker David Beilinson to explore the art of getting noticed through visual storytelling.As a partner at Rumur Inc., David has been producing and directing documentary films for more than 20 years. He’s created media projects for ESPN, Netflix, HBO, A&E, NBC, ABC, PBS, and numerous Fortune 500 companies. His focus is telling stories that move audiences to take action.David was recently nominated for an Emmy as a director of ESPN’s Special about the 30th Anniversary of the movie White Men Can’t Jump. He is also the director and producer of Win or Else (ESPN Films) the story of the first integrated basketball team at the University of Kentucky to deliver a national championship, as well as the seminal documentary on the legendary Savannah Bananas.Main topics in this episode are:● How to figure out who will pay attention to your work● Turning a "no" into an opportunity● Why hype must be baked into products● The art of capitvating an audience.Resources:The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.comFor more about David, visit rumur.com
6. Interview with Author Laura Sims42:00"Do what feels right for you" is one of the pieces of advice given by Laura Sims, a writer and poet known for her book Looker, who shares her creative process with host Michael F. Schein in this episode of the Hype Happy Hour Podcast.During the conversation, Michael and Laura discuss the following topics:The importance of enjoying what you doThe power of making authentic connectionsChoosing the right activities to enhance your creative processResources:The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.com
5. Interview with Shaun Clark from HighLevel23:17In this episode of the Hype Happy Hour Podcast, host Michael F. Schein speaks about how it is possible to start a business without raising money with Shaun Clark, co-founder of HighLevel, a company with a game-changing business model.The topics of this episodes are: Discover why finding people who truly understands your customer base is the ultimate key to getting your business noticed.Learn how aligning your interests with those of your customer’s can lead you to success.Explore the immense value of microcosms and communities in driving business growth.Find out why it's crucial not to let anyone define who you are as a brand.The Hype HandbookHype Book List: https://www.hypereads.com/listMicroFame Media website: microfamemedia.comAuthor Website: michaelfschein.com