The Grief Sofa Podcast
S2 - Episode 6 - Mary & John Riordan
Season 2, Ep. 6
In todays episode we are joined with Meghan, founder of 'Grief is my side hustle' podcast. Meghan speaks of the loss of both of her parents and the impact of grief on the brain, from a pyschotherapists persective.
View all episodes
9. S2 - Episode 9 - George40:35In todays episode we speak with guest Jodie. Jodie's sister Georgia died by suicide 4 years ago whilst she was studing at university. We talk about the impact of losing a sibling, and the complications of losing someone to suicide. Jodie has gone on to do lots of work with charities, to help other people, help her own healing journey but, also to tell the world about her sister George, and spread 'George joy'. We hope you enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed recording it.
8. S2 - Episode 8 - Jan46:15On todays episode we are joined with Lee as we remember his Mum, Jan. We discuss what it was like for Lee losing his Mum in the early stages of the pandemic and how restrictions impacted his families griveing process and his Mums funeral. We also talk about special memories & what Lee does now to remember his Mum.
7. S2 - Episode 7 - Grief in the workplace57:45Join Alice & Lucy on this special edition episode all about grieving in the work place. We talk about returning to work after a bereavement and share our experiences (good & bad). We hope you enjoy.
5. S2 - Episode 5 - Joy40:45In this weeks episode we are joined with guest Gary. We speak about his wife Joy, who died suddenly whilst Gary was away on business. He shares his journey of becoming a widow and single parenting. We discuss the importance of laughter and connection and finding love after loss.
4. S2 - Episode 4 - Henry Jackaman41:44In todays episode we are joined by Delana as we remember her boyfriend Henry. Delana shares with us the difficulties of grieving a partner loss in your 20's, how she connects with Henry through signs, symbols and mediums and tells us of the magic and happiness Henry bought into this world.
3. S2 - Episode 3 - James Lemon48:46This week we are joined by brilliant author and grief advocate Mark Lemon, as we remember his father James. Mark shares with us the tragic murder of his father, how he felt becoming a father without his father, and the grief waves that come along and knock him off his feet - even now, 29 years later. Mark is a brilliant reminder of how grief never goes away and how to cope with those difficult days. You can follow Mark on Instagram at @marklemonofficial
2. S2 Episode 2 - John and Esohe47:17In todays episode we are joined by Jermaine from the 'Thinking Out Loud Podcast'. Jermaine shares with us what its like to be a male in his 20's in the grief and mental health community, he shares with us his inspiration for starting his own Podcast and we laugh and smile as we remember his wonderful parents John and Esohe. You can find Jermaine on Instagram at @thinkingoutloudpod_
1. S2 - Episode 1 Lana Astrakhan42:42In this weeks episode we are joined by Nadine as we remember her mum who died in 2020 following a short diagnosis of Lung Cancer. We discuss the difficulties of losing a loved one during the pandemic, What Nadine does to feel connected to her mum and how she has found dark-humour comforting to support her through the hard days. Nadine talks about The Dinner Party, a brilliant resource to support 20-30 year olds facing grief across America - young can find out more about them on Instagram @thedinnerparty. You can follow Nadine and her dark humour comedy page on Instagram at @varsitygriefsquad.