The Good "Tu'i" Medicine Podcast
Staying Positive in this Crazy World
Good day all my relatives and friends.
2022 is off to a great start! I took a couple months off and to catch up on new projects and work, but I’m excited to share all of the new updates on this quick episode.
First we have created a Patreon page for our listeners to help out the show and get some podcast swag, some bonus content, and early access to upcoming shows. Check us out on Patreon here 👉🏽 www.patreon.com/YaquiVegan
Next, our new sponsor to the show is Five Star Productions Entertainment LLC serving all of S. Arizona pro DJ entertainment needs.
Listen to the episode for a sneak peek about our next guest.(Language Preservation)
And lastly we are planning a couple of workshops for the communities here and around the Tucson/Phoenix area. (Gardening & Growing your on Food!)
Lios Enchim Chiokoe Uttessia’vu
Follow and like our Podcast Facebook Page
View all episodes
7. Voices of the Yaqui: Journey of Snowbird Aquaia58:12Welcome to a special episode of the "Voices of the Yaqui" where we embark on a profound journey with our guest, Snowbird Aquaia. She is a remarkable Yaqui indigenous woman, renowned dancer, gifted artist, and master beadworker.In this episode, we have the privilege of delving deep into Snowbird Aquaia's personal journey as a Yaqui woman. Through her powerful storytelling, she shares how she has connected with her ancestors, who serve as guiding lights in her craft, dance, and personal journey.Listen closely as Snowbird Aquaia takes us through her experiences, recounting the moments of revelation and connection with her heritage that have shaped her artistic and spiritual path. Her journey is a testament to the resilience and wisdom of indigenous cultures, and it serves as an inspiration to all who seek to connect with their roots and create from a place of deep authenticity.Furthermore, Snowbird Aquaia's commitment to giving back to her community through her designs and her story is a testament to her enduring connection to her people and her dedication to preserving and celebrating Yaqui/Indigenous traditions.Stay tuned and prepare to be inspired by her incredible journey, and the profound wisdom she imparts along the way.Thank you to all of our listeners!See and follow Snowbird on social media as Yaqui Woman Designs and on TikTok as @Yaqui.Woman#Yaqui #Indigenous #podcast #podcasterShout out to our sponsor: www.fivestar-productions.com & our Patreon Subscribers !
7. Voices of the Yaqui: Orphaned to Legacy14:02Welcome to "Voices of the Yaqui," an ongoing podcast series that uncovers the captivating stories, traditions, and resilience of the Yaqui people.In this episode, titled "The Journey of my Grandfather," I delve deep into a personal family narrative passed down through generations—a tale of survival, hope, and the indomitable spirit of our great, great grandfather Avato.Join us as we travel back in time to the tumultuous era of the Mexican revolution, where our family's saga unfolds. Through the heartfelt accounts shared by my mother and grandmother, we uncover the incredible journey of our ancestor, who was tragically orphaned during the war. Through sheer resilience, he built a new life and planted the seeds of a thriving family legacy.This episode serves as a testament to the resilience and determination that flows through our veins."Voices of the Yaqui" is a platform dedicated to sharing these powerful stories, preserving our cultural heritage, and connecting us to the broader tapestry of indigenous experiences. Each episode invites you to immerse yourself in the vibrant narratives that have shaped the Yaqui people throughout generations.Join us on this intimate journey of discovery as we honor our ancestors, celebrate their legacy, and embrace the richness of the Yaqui people.Sponsor: www.fivestar-productions.com Patreon: Support and Bonus Content
6. Voices of the Yaqui: Exploring History and Heritage through Reading09:07Welcome to "Voices of the Yaqui: Exploring History and Heritage through Reading," a podcast series that delves into the rich tapestry of Yaqui culture, history, and traditions through the power of storytelling.Drawing inspiration from the oral tradition that has been the cornerstone of indigenous cultures, we bring you engaging readings of Yaqui history, articles, and excerpts from significant books.The inspiration for this series stems from our deep admiration for the indigenous storytelling tradition and the desire to preserve and amplify the voices of the Yaqui & other indigenous communities. Through the art of narration, we seek to transport you into the heart of Indigenous stories, exploring their resilience, wisdom, and contributions to the world.Together, let's honor and celebrate the voices of the Yaqui and indigenous people, embracing the power of storytelling to bridge gaps, foster connection, and promote mutual understanding.Welcome to "Voices of the Yaqui: Exploring History and Heritage through Reading."Thank you.Subscribe to our Patreon for exclusive content and early releases of this series. Current Sponsors: www.fivestar-productions.com
5. The Inspiring Journey of Sergio Avila01:08:45Good morning everyone!In this episode, we sit down with Sergio Avila, a highly respected person in the community who has experienced both great success and burnout in his career.Sergio shares his candid story of how he lost his passion and motivation for his some his work, and the steps he took to reignite that spark.Sergio takes us with him on his first capture of a Jaguar in Northern Sonora, to his life changing experiences here in S. Arizona, and his current work in advocating for community and social justice for everyone.Join us as we dive into Sergio's journey and learn from his experiences.Learn more about Sergio here: https://www.hcn.org/issues/52.2/social-justice-why-a-wildlife-biologist-became-a-social-justice-advocateFollow our future episodes on Youtube here: YouTubeChannelConsider becoming a Patreon subscriber for exclusive content and early access to episodes: patreon.com/YaquiVeganShout out to our sponsors: www.fivestar-productions.com Tucson Premium DJ Entertainment ServiceThank you!#healthiswealth#podcast #indigenous#yaqui #podcaster
4. Walking and Painting . . not at the same time.26:16In this episode, I am walking for my health! there are many benefits of walking for health, whether you're just starting out or are an experienced walker, don't forget Health is Wealth!I've been working hard to create content for my YouTube channels, with a slow migration for the podcast to also be on YouTube.Please consider subscribing and helping me grow my channels. Thank you.YouTube Channel: Five Star Entertainment YouTube Channel: YaquiVegan Also, I've been feeling the urge to pick up a paintbrush again, but haven't painted in 20 years.So I picked up the brush, painted some new pieces, and attended my 1st art festival! I will be discussing the ins and outs of attending your first art festival. We'll cover everything from what to expect, to how to prepare, and what to look for in terms of finding and connecting with other artists and podcast fans ;)Lastly, I talk a little bit about the latest developments in AI research, with a focus on ChatGPT.Shout out to our sponsors: www.fivestar-productions.com Tucson Premium DJ Entertainment Service Thank you, everyone!
3. Yaqui: Huya Ania - Desert Wilderness Walk22:07Happy New Year everyone! In this episode I took a walk on the desert wilderness (hula ania) close to my home here in S. Arizona. I started to record the episode and I spoke from the heart with no script. It was great! I hope you enjoy this last episode of 2022. I spoke about the Sacheen Littlefeather, Native Twitter, Jaqueline Keeler, and being Yaqui and Spirituality. Thank you, Pete. Please comment and share. #Yaqui #Spirituality #Keeler #Nativetwitter
2. Reservations Dogs - Recap & Discussions17:00Hello all you beautiful people! Updates: We just finished a whole season of weekly updates on the Reservation Dogs season 2 series over on Clubhouse. You can listen to those discussions with the link below. A lot of my energy went into those weekly discussions, so I'm back on bringing more podcast content and guests for everyone. Also, the podcast stickers are in! so our Patreon members will be getting those 1st. If you want to help out the show and become a Patreon, check the link below. We are also planning our first every unique Conference here on the Rez. It will be a "Ted Talk" type conference and I believe it is the 1st of its kind in Indian Country. Stay Tuned for updates on that Conference called "The Talking Tree" Conference. Lastly, I included a link to a Spotify playlist curated for our weekly shows on Clubhouse. See link Thank you! Chokie Uttessi'vu Health is Wealth Reservation Dogs weekly recap and discussions on Clubhouse Rez Dogs Weekly RecapsReservation Dogs Season 2 Soundtrack on Spotify Playlist Patreon Membership Here Free Podcast Stickers!
1. Yaqui History/Life - Book Recommendations20:33On this show, we kick off our new season 4 with a listener's suggestion on books to read to learn more about Yaqui history, ceremonies, and the struggles our ancestors had to endure to ensure our way of life would continue.5 books are highly recommended in this episode!The 1st 2 books are based on historical accounts during the Spanish/Mexican genocide of the Yaquis Indians in Mexico.The 3rd book is a fictional book based on historical facts of 2 Yaqui children's survival and of their people living in Sonora during the time of the Mexican revolution and extermination of indigenous Indians.4th book is all about Yaqui beliefs and ceremonies that take place here in modern-day Arizona.The last book is a fun little book about Yaqui Lore, legends, stories, and accounts.Barbarous Mexico - John Kenneth Turner The Yaquis and the Empire: Violence, Spanish Imperial Power, and Native Resilience in Colonial Mexico - Raphael Brewster Folsom Hill of the Rooster - Curry HoldenWith Good Heart: Yaqui Beliefs and Ceremonies in Pascua Village - Muriel Thayer Painter (Free Online Copy)Yoeme: Lore of the Arizona Yaqui People - Mini Valenzuela KaczkurkinA couple you may be able to find on Amazon, but some are out of print and with some luck, you can pick one up on eBay or other book sites.Enjoy! Happy reading, and let me know in the comments or send me a DM on Instagram if you would like some more information.Shout out to our sponsors: www.fivestar-productions.com Tucson Premium DJ Entertainment Service Thank you!Chokoie Uttessia'vu!