4. Woman's Heart Health26:12Dr. Stephanie Coulter from Texas Heart Institute joined Dr. Joe Galati this week on the radio discussing heart health in women. Dr. Coulter is the Director of the Women’s Center for Heart & Vascular Health, the Director of Cardiology Education, and the Program Director of the THI Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship. Links of Interest:Heart Health from Texas Heart InstituteBMI CalculatorKeeping Your Heart Healthy VideoWhere to find Dr. Joe Galati and his team:Dr. Galati's newsletter sign-upMedical Practice: Liver Specialists of TexasDr. Galati's Book Site: Eating Yourself SickFacebook: Dr. Joe GalatiDr. Galati's YouTube ChannelPlease send feedback and suggestion. You can message me here.
View all episodes
3. Coronary Calcium Score41:08#coronarycalciumscoreA Listener Calls InThis past week on Your Health First, Paul, a listener from New Jersey, called into the broadcast, and shared his recent experience with the results of his coronary calcium score. The tests results showed a very high calcium score, putting Paul at risk for a cardiac event-such as a heart attack. Joining us on the program was Dr. James Wilson, a cardiologist in the Texas Medical Center, in Houston.Dr. Wilson explained the various risk factors for cardiovascular disease, as well as possible symptoms to be aware of. Next steps for Paul we discussed.Suggested LinksAmerican Heart Fact PageTexas Heart Institute: Do I Need a Calcium ScoreCDC: Heart Disease and StrokeWhere to find Dr. Joe Galati and his team:Dr. Galati's newsletter sign-upMedical Practice: Liver Specialists of TexasDr. Galati's Book Site: Eating Yourself SickFacebook: Dr. Joe GalatiDr. Galati's YouTube ChannelPlease send feedback and suggestion. You can message me here.
2. Window into Your Health and Wellness22:47This week on the radio, Dr. Galati invited his sister Celeste to comment on our health and wellness as we age, paying attention to our parents. In a sense, our parent are a window into our future. What diseased did they suffer from? What can we/you do now to intervene early and lower your risks. A lively discussion between brother and sister and they sort out a strategy for themselves.
1. Fatty Liver Information22:11Natalie Amante, Physician Assistant, joined Dr. Galati this past weekend discussing fatty liver disease. Natalie is a PA-C at Liver Specialists of Texas, located in Houston, Texas.Fatty Liver, also called Metabolic Associated Fatty Liver Disease (MAFLD) is a leading cause of chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, and liver cancer.
10. Answers to Heart Disease19:41Dr. Joseph Rogers, CEO and President of Texas Heart Institute, joined Dr. Galati recently on his weekly radio program, sharing his thoughts on heart disease. Dr. Rogers spoke about risk factors for heart, disease, and lifestyle changes that can be made to reduce the progression of heart disease, as well as its associated mortality.Information on Dr. Rogers is available here, along with information about the Texas Heart Institute.Information from the American Heart AssociationHealthy EatingHeart Attack and Stroke SymptomsYour Cholesterol
9. Cost of Wellness with Jackie DeAngelis36:48This week we dedicate our program to the "Cost of Wellness". Jackie DeAngelis from Fox Business Network and John Grover from Grover Planning and Investing at Raymond James join the discussion.Without your health, you are jeopardizing your financial prosperity. Higher medical costs, reduced income and job advancement, earlier retirement, disability, and an overall decline in your financial outlook develop with chronic illness.Where to find Dr. Joe Galati and his team:Dr. Galati's newsletter sign-upMedical Practice: Liver Specialists of TexasDr. Galati's Book Site: Eating Yourself SickFacebook: Dr. Joe GalatiDr. Galati's YouTube ChannelPlease send feedback and suggestion. You can message me here.
8. Prostate Cancer and Diet38:38This week on the radio, we discuss a study looking at prostate cancer progression and a plant based diet. No surprise, the plan based diet slowed down the cancer growth. We fully endorse a plant based diet for overall health and wellness.Check out our latest webinar series replay where we discussed nutrition, FODMAP diet and intestinal gas, and the intestinal microbiome. The American Heart Association posted an excellent page on the 8 Essentials of Health. Simple and straight forward, following these guidelines will result in better health.#iheartradio#talkradio#prostatecancer#nutrition#plantbased#webinar