It's a Good Life
S2E120 Getting Rich is Easy
Money can’t buy you love, but it can certainly solve some of life’s problems. In this episode, Brian shares how he built his own personal fortune and sets out his simple step-by-step formula for generating wealth.
YOU WILL LEARN:
· Why you have to control what's going out.
· Why you must increase what's coming in.
· Why you have to invest, then wait.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
NOTEWORTHY QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE:
“It's easy to get rich; it's just easier not to.” – Brian Buffini
“You will never be rich unless you control your expenditures.” – Brian Buffini
“The greatest value you will ever possess is your own personal value.” – Brian Buffini
“There's a real blessing in getting rich slowly.” – Brian Buffini
“Never buy into a business you can't understand. Never buy a product you can't understand. Never buy an asset you can’t understand.” – Brian Buffini
View all episodes
169. Quickcut: S2E169 Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life10:49No matter the goals we set or the work we do, our negative thoughts can still create roadblocks to success. In this replay episode, Brian examines why we become what we think about and teaches how to develop personal and business philosophies to think more positively and achieve more success.YOU WILL LEARN:· The two most common reasons we’re reluctant to change.· The six questions that should define your personal and business philosophies.· The three components that are essential to develop and maintain successful philosophies.MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:“The Strangest Secret,” by Earl Nightingale“Treasury of Quotes,” by Jim Rohn“As a Man Thinketh,” by James Allen“Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals,” by Thomas Corley“The Millionaire Next Door,” by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D.“The Millionaire Mind,” by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D.“Think and Grow Rich,” by Napoleon Hill“What to Say When You Talk to Yourself,” by Shad HelmstetterNOTEWORTHY QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE:“Work harder on yourself than you do on your job; you’ll go from making a living to making a fortune.” – Jim Rohn“A person is limited only by the thoughts he chooses.” – James Allen“Being broke is a state of account; being poor is a state of mind.” – Brian Buffini“Always do more than you’re paid for.” – Brian Buffini“It’s okay to be disappointed, it’s not okay to get discouraged.” – Brian BuffiniItsagoodlife.com
168. S2E168 Lessons From the Coaching Floor with Dave McGhee27:38You have the skills and the experience, so why aren’t you performing at the level you know you're capable of? In this episode, Dave McGhee, Vice President of the Buffini Coaching Institute, explains how a skilled coach can help you to clarify your aspirations, shift your perspective and tap into your unique gifts and abilities so you can achieve phenomenal success and live the good life. YOU WILL LEARN:· Why everyone needs a coach.· How a coach can draw out untapped potential.· What you can do to thrive in the current market. MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:Free business consultation S2E159 All It Takes Is a Goal with Jon Acuff S2E158 How to be a Goal Getter S2E160 How to Stay Motivated with Rachael YeamanDo It N.O.W. Master Class NOTEWORTHY QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE: “Training is a transfer of skill. Mentorship is a transfer of experience. And coaching is the drawing out of potential.” – Dave McGhee “Everybody needs a coach, because nobody wants to die with their music still in them.” – Dave McGhee“Our strategy of coaching is to help people get very clear on what they aspire to.” – Dave McGhee “Everybody thinks they need to know how. And, by and large, how will take care of itself if you know what and why.” – Dave McGhee “I'm a firm believer in having big goals and taking small steps.” – Dave McGheeItsagoodlife.com
167. Quickcut: S2E167 Get a Grip on Your Week with Rick Pastoor12:26Is your to-do list never-ending, no matter how hard you work? In part one of a two-part episode, Brian talks to productivity expert Rick Pastoor about his new book, “GRIP.” Rick explains how to work smarter, get things done and free up time for what’s really important.YOU WILL LEARN:· How the powerful GRIP method works.· Why a structured calendar is so vital.· How to find time for creative work.MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:“GRIP: The Art of Working Smart,” by Rick PastoorINSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE:“If you want to get paid, stuff needs to be done.” – Rick Pastoor“One of the dynamics for a good life is the chance to be productive.” – Brian Buffini“We let our feelings drive what we do way too much.” – Rick Pastoor“One of the things that's essential and crucial for us to start making decisions is being comfortable with the fact that your time is finite.” – Rick Pastoor“Have your calendar drive the decision-making.” – Rick PastoorItsagoodlife.com“Make small commitments really small - and then make sure they happen.” – Rick Pastoor
166. S2E166 The Power of Perseverance25:02In today’s quick-fix world, many people simply give up when they don’t instantly get what they want. In this episode, Brian explains why real success requires perseverance and shares his top tips for persisting when the going gets tough. YOU WILL LEARN:· The barriers to perseverance.· The components of perseverance.· Inspiring stories of perseverance. MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: S2E159 All It Takes Is a Goal with Jon Acuff S2E158 How to be a Goal Getter S1E262 The Power of a Made-Up Mind The 10 Ancient Scrolls for Success from “The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino “Get in the Game,” by Cal Ripkin Do It N.O.W. Free business consultation NOTEWORTHY QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE: “The good life doesn't happen without perseverance.” – Brian Buffini “When you have a picture of where you want to go, then you can have this passion to persevere.” – Brian Buffini “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” – Helen Keller “Perseverance is one of the key ingredients to success.” – Brian Buffini “I will persist until I succeed.” – Og MandinoItsagoodlife.com
165. Quickcut: S2E165 Dave Ramsey: How to be Good with Money10:22Dave Ramsey has been helping people to take control of money, build wealth and enhance their lives for over three decades. In this episode, Brian interviews the bestselling author and host of The Ramsey Show about his new book, “Baby Steps Millionaires.” Dave shares why, despite a pessimistic cultural narrative, anyone can become a millionaire if they take the right steps. YOU WILL LEARN:· The reason he felt compelled to write the book.· The steps to take to become a millionaire.· The investments he personally recommends. MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: “Baby Steps Millionaires,” by Dave Ramsey INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE: “If you help enough people, you don't have to worry about money.” – Dave Ramsey “I started out because I want to get people out of debt so that they can become wealthy, so that they can change their family tree, so that they can be outrageously generous.” – Dave Ramsey “If you're driven by one of two things you're going to make mistakes: greed or fear.” – Dave Ramsey “You don't get a pass on math based on where you live; you still have to be able to afford the payment.” – Dave Ramsey “Get in the housing game but do it with wisdom and do it with a pace that makes sense. Calm down.” – Dave Ramsey “This existential crisis that is happening in people's spirits is causing a whole bunch of folks in America, regardless of their age, to do some really dumb things that's going to cost them and set them back a decade.” – Dave Ramsey
164. S2E164 The Blind Goat with Christine Ha28:21Christine Ha was the first-ever blind contestant and season three winner of competitive cooking TV show MasterChef. In this episode, she shares how in spite of many setbacks, she has maintained a positive attitude and defied the odds to succeed in one of the toughest industries in the world. YOU WILL LEARN:· How her health challenges impacted her.· How she built her businesses.· Why she believes in trusting her gut. MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: theblindcook.comFree business consultation “Mrs. Bridge,” by Evan S. ConnellNOTEWORTHY QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE: “I love creating something and sharing myself with other people.” – Christine Ha “I am a firm believer in giving people – everybody - opportunities.” – Christine Ha “If you want to grow, you do have to trust people to be able to do their job.” – Christine Ha “I may not have control of everything that happens. But every time something happens, I have control of how I think about it, how I deal with it, and the next step I take.” – Christine Ha “The Good Life means being confident and comfortable in your own skin, not caring as much about what other people think or say about you, and trusting your own gut to do what you love.” – Christine Ha itsagoodlife.com
163. Quickcut: S2E163 Good Habits for a Good Life09:28In this quick cut episode Brian explains why now is the perfect time to refocus and re-establish good habits not only for a good year, but for a good life. YOU WILL LEARN:· Why there can be too much comfort in your comfort zone.· Why it's time to reflect.· How good goals lead to a good year.INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE:“A life full of comfort is not a good life.” – Brian Buffini “A comfort zone is meant to rest and recover and to be of comfort. It's not meant to be a permanent state.” – Brian Buffini “People do better together.” – Brian Buffini “To be in hell is to drift; to be in heaven is to steer.” – George Bernard Shaw “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle “If you want to have a good year, you’ve got to steer this year. And the first thing you’ve got to steer is your own habits, your own life, your own patterns.” – Brian Buffiniitsagoodlife.com
162. S2E162 Do it NOW to Live Your Best Life26:22After a serious health diagnosis and the death of beloved family members, Brian needed a shift in his outlook. In this episode, he shares how the philosophy of Do It N.O.W. helped him to make the most of every precious moment and really live the good life. YOU WILL LEARN:· How the procrastination principles hold you back.· Why you must cherish the magic moments.· Why there can be No Other Way. MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: Do It N.O.WS2E158 How to be a Goal Getter S2E157 Do It N.O.W. for Your Business S2E156 Ready, Set, Goal!S1E164 The Best Interview of my Life with Neil Armstrong“The Top Five Regrets of the Dying,” by Bronnie Ware “The Purpose Driven Life,” by Rick Warren Free business consultation NOTEWORTHY QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE: “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you want to do. Do it now.” – Paulo Coelho “Do It N.O.W. shook me up, it woke me up and it changed my life.” – Brian Buffini “When push comes to shove, I just Do It N.O.W.” – Brian Buffini “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” – Pericles itsagoodlife.com
161. Quickcut: S2E161 The Power of a Made-Up Mind08:06All successful people have made up their minds to win long before they experience their first victory. In this episode, a rebroadcast of our most popular message ever, Brian discusses the power of a made-up mind and shares inspiring stories from his own life and the lives of people who’ve defied the odds. Brian also examines the two questions to consider when you want to make up your mind to live the life you’ve always dreamed of. YOU WILL LEARN:Five benefits of harnessing the power of a made-up mind.How to turn negative feedback into life lessons.The importance of making a decision, no matter how big or small. MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:“Man’s Search for Meaning,” by Viktor Frankl INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE:“Inside all books of success and all stories of victories, there are chapters of failure.” – Brian Buffini“Even though you may stop for a while, when your mind is made up you never, ever give up.” – Brian Buffini“If you’re giving up, your mind is not made up.” – Brian Buffini“A human being whose mind is made up is a force of nature in this world.” – Brian Buffini“I have made up my mind. And I have been blessed in my life as a result of it. But I did not do it by myself.” – Brian BuffiniItsagoodlife.com