The Beauty in the Mess
Ep. 35 When You Find Out Rock Bottom Has a Basement with Kevin Palmieri
In this episode Kevin Palmieri shares his knowledge and wisdom concerning overcoming depression, failures, and even suicidal ideation. So at this time I want to give a Trigger Warning because In this episode, we will briefly touch on suicide and/or suicidal thoughts during this discussion. If this may trigger extreme emotional distress for you, you should skip today’s episode. If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline immediately, which is available 24 hours a day at 1-800-273-8255.
Kevin talks about how in his 20’s, he had the perfect life from the outside. He had a beautiful girlfriend who was a model, a high paying job, a sports car, the best body he had had in his life, and yet he found himself sitting on the side of the bed contemplating suicide. As he says, some people find rock bottom. He found out that rock bottom has a basement.
After talking to a caring friend, he had a pivotal moment in his life, and he turned it all around. He decided to pursue fulfilment, self-improvement, and entrepreneurship. He was determined to overcome his anxiety, depression and to finally live the life he’d always dreamed of.
Years later, he now hosts a podcast that impacts hundreds of thousands of people in countries all over the world. He focused on learning what he didn't know (unlearning a lot too), and his life started to shift, and he is on a mission to help others shift their lives as well.
Join me for Episode 35 of The Beauty in the Mess called; When You Find Out Rock Bottom Has a Basement with Kevin Palmieri. Kevin is the CFO, Founder & Co-Host of Next Level University, a Global Top 100 Self-Improvement Podcast with more than 1,100 episodes and 650K+ listens in over 125 countries. He has also given hundreds of speeches, trainings and coaching calls with people all over the world. He loves talking about Consistency, Commitment, Habits, Mindset, Confidence, Fear, Relationships, Limiting Beliefs and everything in between, and he is ready to help you get to the next level too.
Connect with Kevin Palmieri:
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevin-palmieri-5b7736160/
· Website: https://www.nextleveluniverse.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kevin.palmieri.90/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neverquitkid/
- Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast
- Instagram: the.beauty.in.the.mess
- The Beauty in The Mess Website
View all episodes
49. Ep. 49 Becoming Visible with Darcie Warden01:06:55Are you in the midst of a big transition in life or are you wanting to transition in some fashion? Darcie Warden is a life and wellness coach. She works with people in their mid-life years who are experiencing a life or career transition. She not only helps people navigate transitions, but she also helps them find their purpose and tap into their wisdom so that they can live their authentic life.She has several certifications including life coach, health and wellness coach, yoga therapist, yoga instructor, and group fitness instructor. I've studied healing trauma and how the nervous system works.Her message is that you are exactly where you are meant to be. Her path wasn't straight. At times she didn't know where she was headed. But she kept going. You may not know what's next. Life might feel a little scary and uncertain. That's ok. Amazing change is ahead of you. Connect, listen, trust, and take action. She says dream big and go for it. Afterall, Mid-life isn't halfway over; it's just getting started!When Darcie isn’t coaching you will find her in Bozeman, MT with her two huskies. She is not only a dog mom, but she has a son whom she is very proud of who is spreading his wings in the world. Connect with Darcie Warden:WebsiteFacebookFacebook (2)Website Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
48. Ep. 48 Think Differently, Live Differently with Jerry Emeka01:20:44Are you ready to Unleash the power of your burning desires? Break free from your old patterns? Slam the door on self-doubt? Embrace joy and gratitude? If so, you need to tune in and listen to what Jerry Emeka has to say. Jerry is an imagination coach. He helps people to use their imaginations to uncover their burning desires, release old stories, banish self-doubt and frustration, as well as find everlasting fulfillment. Jerry’s approach has been influenced by the teachings of Neville Goddard. Jerry believes if you train yourself to think differently, then you will live differently, and you will be open to new possibilities. Jerry focuses on giving practical tools, inspiring insights, along with a fresh perspective on holistic health and personal development. If you are like me, he will definitely make you think of things in a whole new way.When he is not inspiring and motivating people to live their best life, you can find him on his farm in Hawaii. Connect with Jerry Emeka:WebsiteFacebookNeville GoddardLinkedInInstagram Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
47. Ep. 47 Becoming Resilient with Janet Barrett01:01:19Do you have trouble letting things go? Want to bounce back quicker? Become more resilient? Janet Barrett grew up not being able to release her childhood trauma and let it go, and she eventually broke from the weight of it all. She learned that you need to learn how to deal with it. Now, she has a passion to help others learn how to deal with things. She wants to help others become resilient and she also wants to change how the world approaches mental healthcare. Janet is a proactive mental health advocate, educator, and writer. Her passion is to help others learn how to deal with their own stuff and to change the way the world approaches mental healthcare. Janet founded Cerebral Health, a company dedicated to proactive mental health education and strategy and wrote Stop The Break to share her approach. Her goal is to slay the stigma around mental health, how we treat it, how we identify it, and to help others learn how to thrive and know that they are not alone. When she is not stigma slaying, you can find Janet at home near Boston with her 4 kids and dog, finding balance and joy in life. Connect with Janet Barret:WebsiteFacebookLinkedIn Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
46. Ep. 46 Understanding the Power of Archetypes with Carolyn Wallace32:32Carolyn Wallace, who is Licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW) and an Archetypal Consultant, has almost 20 years of experience guiding people through the process of transformation. While she’s worked with various modalities, archetypal consulting is the most powerful and transformative so far. Through archetypal consulting sessions, speaking, and writing, she helps spiritual women stand in their own authority with unapologetic confidence and activate their highest potential through the power of archetypes. She holds a 500-hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health and is a Certified Shake Your Soul dance teacher. While employed at Kripalu, she taught many yoga and dance classes and workshops. She is a seeker of spiritual wisdom and draws from many different streams in her work with clients. So join us as we delve into what archetypes are and how powerful they can be. Connect with Carolyn Wallace:WebsiteFacebookEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
45. Ep. 45 Achieving Personal Growth Through Dreamwork with Megan Mary35:46Megan Mary is a dreamworker that specializes in the analysis of women's dreams to promote transformative personal growth and enlightenment. She spent her career creating meaningful change through digital publishing and marketing. However, after being diagnosed with three different chronic illnesses, she began reevaluating her life purpose and started to return to the higher guidance that she felt was being offered in her dreams. She now works with women all over the world offering dream interpretation, transformative journeys and enlightened guidance.Founder of Women's Dream Analysis and the Women's Dream Enlightenment podcast, Megan is an intuitive, introvert, mystic and writer. She holds a Master of Arts and Bachelor of Arts degree in English and has studied psychology, theory, astronomy, religion and philosophy at the collegiate level. She is a member of the International Association for the Study of Dreams and currently am part of their Dream Study Group and Foundation Series (2023-2024). She has also been featured as an expert source in Parade Magazine and VeryWell Mind. She is passionate about helping other women connect with the inner guidance and wisdom in their own dreams in a safe and compassionate space. She believes the symbolic imagery in our dreams is a key, once unlocked we can tap into our own innate transformative power, evolve our consciousness, and ultimately discover our life’s purpose. She also created and hosts a podcast called Women’s Dream Enlightenment, a podcast for women, which features deep discussions, dream interpretation and spiritual stories of awakening. She lives in Idaho with her rockstar drummer husband and two cats. Connect with Megan Mary:WebsitePinterestYouTubeLinkedIn Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
44. Ep. 44 Fruits, Veggies, & A Biophotonic Scanner with Holly Iyer22:14Holly Iyer joins me today to talk about the importance of fruits, veggies, and a Pharmanex Biophotonic scanner. Holly's passion for healthy living goes beyond her own experiences. She aims to increase awareness and interest in Pharmanex’s Biophotonic Scanner, a transformative tool for personalized well-being. It is a cutting-edge device that measures the level of carotenoid antioxidants in your skin, providing valuable insights into your overall health and nutritional status. She was 50 yrs old when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. And after going through 10 years of chemotherapy, radiation, drugs and being scared every time she went to have a mammogram, she told herself that this would never happen again. She has changed her diet, added some supplements, and using a Pharmanex Biophotonic scanner to monitor her health.Holly is a Coach, Speaker, and Avid Tennis Player who embodies resilience and inspiration. As a Breast Cancer Survivor, she has triumphed over adversity and emerged stronger than ever. Through her company, "Holly's Healthy Help," she is dedicated to empowering individuals on their wellness journeys. Connect with Holly Iyer:Website Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
43. Ep. 43 The Power of Communication with Dr. Heather Browne01:09:43*This episode has some sexually explicit content and is not intended for children to listen to.* For this episode, I am very excited to welcome Dr. Heather Browne to the show. Dr. Browne is a widow who grew up with a paranoid schizophrenic mother who ended up taking her own life while Dr. Browne was still very young. She was able to learn from her mom that none of us share the same reality even though we believe we do. This has allowed her to transform communication within self and within all other types of relationships. She feels this is the key to acceptance. Dr. Browne has a doctorate in psychology and is an active psychotherapist for couples. She is published in hundreds of journals. She has been featured on TV and published in many magazines as well. She has two books in the final stages of pre-publication and she just did her first Ted Talk on September 23rd of this year. Connect with Sam Mitchell:Website Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
42. Ep. 42 Rocking Autism with Sam Mitchell45:53Sam Mitchell joins me today. Sam was diagnosed at the age of 4 with high-functioning Autism. Sam wants people to know that he is not broken, and he doesn’t need to be fixed. He also wants people to know that there is no normal in this world. He embraces who he is and wants the same for everyone else. Period. Sam is a successful podcaster, an advocate for Autism, a motivational speaker, entrepreneur, and blogger. He has even published a Ted Talk. He has made it to the top 10 in the People's Choice Podcast Awards, placed second in the state of Indiana for the JAG Entrepreneurship project, was selected as the best business at the CEO trade show in Indiana, and he is in the top 200 podcasts in all of Canada. Connect with Sam Mitchell:WebsitePodcast: Autism Rocks and Rolls Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
41. Ep. 41 All You Need Is Gratitude with Bracha Goetz47:16Bracha’s passion is helping people find gratitude in life and for life. She feels that gratitude is what our souls long for. Gratitude is the key to happiness. You just have to choose to be grateful. You can retrain your mindset to focus on gratitude rather than all of the crazy things in life. She is a powerful advocate for seeking gratitude in your life. Bracha has also overcome a food addiction in her life and now wishes to help others find gratitude and thus happiness.Bracha Goetz is a wellness expert and the Harvard-educated author of 41 books that help children's souls shine. She is also the author of a candid memoir about overcoming food addictions joyfully and spiritually called Nourish the Soul. Her books can be found in libraries, on Amazon, and on her website, www.goetzbookshop.com. Connect with Bracha Goetz:WebsiteLinkedInFacebookFacebook (2)InstagramTwitterPinterestYouTube Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite