The Beauty in the Mess
Ep. 42 Rocking Autism with Sam Mitchell
Sam Mitchell joins me today. Sam was diagnosed at the age of 4 with high-functioning Autism. Sam wants people to know that he is not broken, and he doesn’t need to be fixed. He also wants people to know that there is no normal in this world. He embraces who he is and wants the same for everyone else. Period.
Sam is a successful podcaster, an advocate for Autism, a motivational speaker, entrepreneur, and blogger. He has even published a Ted Talk. He has made it to the top 10 in the People's Choice Podcast Awards, placed second in the state of Indiana for the JAG Entrepreneurship project, was selected as the best business at the CEO trade show in Indiana, and he is in the top 200 podcasts in all of Canada.
Connect with Sam Mitchell:
View all episodes
48. Ep. 48 Think Differently, Live Differently with Jerry Emeka01:20:44Are you ready to Unleash the power of your burning desires? Break free from your old patterns? Slam the door on self-doubt? Embrace joy and gratitude? If so, you need to tune in and listen to what Jerry Emeka has to say. Jerry is an imagination coach. He helps people to use their imaginations to uncover their burning desires, release old stories, banish self-doubt and frustration, as well as find everlasting fulfillment. Jerry’s approach has been influenced by the teachings of Neville Goddard. Jerry believes if you train yourself to think differently, then you will live differently, and you will be open to new possibilities. Jerry focuses on giving practical tools, inspiring insights, along with a fresh perspective on holistic health and personal development. If you are like me, he will definitely make you think of things in a whole new way.When he is not inspiring and motivating people to live their best life, you can find him on his farm in Hawaii. Connect with Jerry Emeka:WebsiteFacebookNeville GoddardLinkedInInstagram Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
47. Ep. 47 Becoming Resilient with Janet Barrett01:01:19Do you have trouble letting things go? Want to bounce back quicker? Become more resilient? Janet Barrett grew up not being able to release her childhood trauma and let it go, and she eventually broke from the weight of it all. She learned that you need to learn how to deal with it. Now, she has a passion to help others learn how to deal with things. She wants to help others become resilient and she also wants to change how the world approaches mental healthcare. Janet is a proactive mental health advocate, educator, and writer. Her passion is to help others learn how to deal with their own stuff and to change the way the world approaches mental healthcare. Janet founded Cerebral Health, a company dedicated to proactive mental health education and strategy and wrote Stop The Break to share her approach. Her goal is to slay the stigma around mental health, how we treat it, how we identify it, and to help others learn how to thrive and know that they are not alone. When she is not stigma slaying, you can find Janet at home near Boston with her 4 kids and dog, finding balance and joy in life. Connect with Janet Barret:WebsiteFacebookLinkedIn Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
46. Ep. 46 Understanding the Power of Archetypes with Carolyn Wallace32:32Carolyn Wallace, who is Licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW) and an Archetypal Consultant, has almost 20 years of experience guiding people through the process of transformation. While she’s worked with various modalities, archetypal consulting is the most powerful and transformative so far. Through archetypal consulting sessions, speaking, and writing, she helps spiritual women stand in their own authority with unapologetic confidence and activate their highest potential through the power of archetypes. She holds a 500-hour Yoga Teacher Certification from Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health and is a Certified Shake Your Soul dance teacher. While employed at Kripalu, she taught many yoga and dance classes and workshops. She is a seeker of spiritual wisdom and draws from many different streams in her work with clients. So join us as we delve into what archetypes are and how powerful they can be. Connect with Carolyn Wallace:WebsiteFacebookEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
45. Ep. 45 Achieving Personal Growth Through Dreamwork with Megan Mary35:46Megan Mary is a dreamworker that specializes in the analysis of women's dreams to promote transformative personal growth and enlightenment. She spent her career creating meaningful change through digital publishing and marketing. However, after being diagnosed with three different chronic illnesses, she began reevaluating her life purpose and started to return to the higher guidance that she felt was being offered in her dreams. She now works with women all over the world offering dream interpretation, transformative journeys and enlightened guidance.Founder of Women's Dream Analysis and the Women's Dream Enlightenment podcast, Megan is an intuitive, introvert, mystic and writer. She holds a Master of Arts and Bachelor of Arts degree in English and has studied psychology, theory, astronomy, religion and philosophy at the collegiate level. She is a member of the International Association for the Study of Dreams and currently am part of their Dream Study Group and Foundation Series (2023-2024). She has also been featured as an expert source in Parade Magazine and VeryWell Mind. She is passionate about helping other women connect with the inner guidance and wisdom in their own dreams in a safe and compassionate space. She believes the symbolic imagery in our dreams is a key, once unlocked we can tap into our own innate transformative power, evolve our consciousness, and ultimately discover our life’s purpose. She also created and hosts a podcast called Women’s Dream Enlightenment, a podcast for women, which features deep discussions, dream interpretation and spiritual stories of awakening. She lives in Idaho with her rockstar drummer husband and two cats. Connect with Megan Mary:WebsitePinterestYouTubeLinkedIn Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
44. Ep. 44 Fruits, Veggies, & A Biophotonic Scanner with Holly Iyer22:14Holly Iyer joins me today to talk about the importance of fruits, veggies, and a Pharmanex Biophotonic scanner. Holly's passion for healthy living goes beyond her own experiences. She aims to increase awareness and interest in Pharmanex’s Biophotonic Scanner, a transformative tool for personalized well-being. It is a cutting-edge device that measures the level of carotenoid antioxidants in your skin, providing valuable insights into your overall health and nutritional status. She was 50 yrs old when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. And after going through 10 years of chemotherapy, radiation, drugs and being scared every time she went to have a mammogram, she told herself that this would never happen again. She has changed her diet, added some supplements, and using a Pharmanex Biophotonic scanner to monitor her health.Holly is a Coach, Speaker, and Avid Tennis Player who embodies resilience and inspiration. As a Breast Cancer Survivor, she has triumphed over adversity and emerged stronger than ever. Through her company, "Holly's Healthy Help," she is dedicated to empowering individuals on their wellness journeys. Connect with Holly Iyer:Website Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
43. Ep. 43 The Power of Communication with Dr. Heather Browne01:09:43*This episode has some sexually explicit content and is not intended for children to listen to.* For this episode, I am very excited to welcome Dr. Heather Browne to the show. Dr. Browne is a widow who grew up with a paranoid schizophrenic mother who ended up taking her own life while Dr. Browne was still very young. She was able to learn from her mom that none of us share the same reality even though we believe we do. This has allowed her to transform communication within self and within all other types of relationships. She feels this is the key to acceptance. Dr. Browne has a doctorate in psychology and is an active psychotherapist for couples. She is published in hundreds of journals. She has been featured on TV and published in many magazines as well. She has two books in the final stages of pre-publication and she just did her first Ted Talk on September 23rd of this year. Connect with Sam Mitchell:Website Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
41. Ep. 41 All You Need Is Gratitude with Bracha Goetz47:16Bracha’s passion is helping people find gratitude in life and for life. She feels that gratitude is what our souls long for. Gratitude is the key to happiness. You just have to choose to be grateful. You can retrain your mindset to focus on gratitude rather than all of the crazy things in life. She is a powerful advocate for seeking gratitude in your life. Bracha has also overcome a food addiction in her life and now wishes to help others find gratitude and thus happiness.Bracha Goetz is a wellness expert and the Harvard-educated author of 41 books that help children's souls shine. She is also the author of a candid memoir about overcoming food addictions joyfully and spiritually called Nourish the Soul. Her books can be found in libraries, on Amazon, and on her website, www.goetzbookshop.com. Connect with Bracha Goetz:WebsiteLinkedInFacebookFacebook (2)InstagramTwitterPinterestYouTube Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite
40. Ep. 40 Blood Sugar Affects More Than Diabetes with Dr. Ben Galyardt59:51If you suffer from an autoimmune disease, Diabetes, or anything for that matter, you need to tune in and listen to what Dr. Ben Galyardt has to say. I am excited to welcome Dr. Ben to The Beauty In the Mess. Dr. Ben’s mission is to provide hope to people with medical conditions, especially autoimmune conditions. His mom and his wife have been cured of MS and ITP, respectively, and he wants others to know that miracles are possible for them as well. He wants to restore hope for a better outcome. Dr. Ben is now helping thousands of people himself. Dr. Ben Galyardt, D.C. is the Founder and CEO of F8 WellCenters and The Galyardt Method. He is also a world-recognized speaker in Neurofeedback and Brain Regeneration. After successfully treating thousands of patients in his Colorado office, he brought his Galyardt Method to other parts of the country by opening satellite offices. He now leads and teaches his Galyardt Method to all of our new doctors across the country while also working one on one with patients. Dr. Ben was hooked on learning more about Functional Medicine which incorporates the latest in genetic science, and systems biology, as well as an understanding of how environmental and lifestyle factors influence the emergence and progression of the disease. He has spent the rest of his life learning these methods from top-name doctors nationwide. Before it was even called Functional Medicine, he was an expert in Functional Medicine. He has a long list of certifications, degrees, and training. He is the author of Blood Sugar Doesn’t Lie and Rebuild Your Brain: Stop the Damage and Start The Repair. Dr. Galyardt’s Board Certifications, Degrees and Training include:Board Certified in Integrative MedicineCertified Neurofeedback PractitionerInternational College Applied Kinesiology (AK)Neuro-Emotional Technique (NET) CertificationTrigenics PractitionerCertified by the American Functional Institute in Functional NeurologyAdvanced Muscle Integration Technique (AMIT)Autonomic Response Testing (ART) by Dr. Dietrich KlinghardtBachelors from Syracuse University in Health and Exercise ScienceGraduated from Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, TexasCEO and Founder of F8 Well Centers in Fort Collins Colorado and Tennessee Connect with Dr. Ben Galyardt:F8 Well CentersBlood Sugar Doesn't Lie-AmazonTikTok Dr. Ben Galyardt Let's Connect!Facebook: The Beauty in the Mess podcast InstagramWebsite