A weekly exploration of how new technology is shaping the future of humanity, for better or worse.
7. Season 2 Finale: Twitter's New Era Under Musk23:57$44 billion.That's the cost of Elon Musk's Twitter dream.Whether you think this is a meme gone wrong or a visionary changing the future of social media, it's safe to say that Musk's purchase of Twitter has been a chaotic process.In this season 2 finale of the podcast, Shruti Shekar, Android Central's managing editor, joins Jacqueline this week to look at what Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter means for the future of the microblogging site.Subscribe to the podcast wherever you listen to never miss out on where your future is headed.For more tech content check out Technality's socials: https://tap.bio/@Technality
6. Swiping For Love On Dating Apps22:40Are you endlessly swiping left? Feel like dating apps are getting you nowhere? Turns out, you might need to change your perspective. This week, Dr. Jess Carbino draws on her experience as a former sociologist for Tinder and Bumble to talk about how dating apps have changed the way we meet people...for the good and bad. She also gives you tips on how to improve your profile. To never miss out on where your future is headed, subscribe to Technality wherever you listen. For more tech content, check out Technality's socials: https://tap.bio/@Technality
5. Returning To The Moon 50 Years On16:10NASA is returning to the moon, and its bringing friends with it. The Artemis mission will be humanity's return to the lunar surface, setting up a base for future deep space exploration. Unlike the first time the USA went to space, NASA isn't alone. The Canadian Space agency, The EU Space Agency, and the Japanese Space Agency are coming together for this historical space age.Sidharth Saraf from the Canadian Space Agency sits down with Jacqueline to talk about the future of space travel, what returning to the moon means for Earth, and how the Artemis mission is breaking down barriers.To never miss out on where your future is heading, subscribe to the Technality podcast. For more future content, check out Technality's socials: https://tap.bio/@Technality
4. Tweeting About Women In Tech21:54Women have fought for centuries to have their voices heard at the table.While we're making headway, there are still barriers to overcome. Andrea MacDonald, Head of Tech at Twitter Canada, joins Jacqueline Swan to talk about women in tech and Twitter's approach to moderating the conversation.Don't miss out on where your future is headed! Subscribe to the podcast wherever you listen.For more tech content, check out Technality's socials: https://tap.bio/@Technality
3. Understanding The World With Digital Twins19:39Imagine looking at a screen and understanding exactly how a city is operating in real time. Imagine what could be done with that data when planning the future. This week, Mark Enzer, the director of the National Project for Digital Twins, joins Jacqueline Swan. From how it's being used to build cities to it's place in the metaverse, the episode dives into the world of this emerging industry. To learn more about the National Project for Digital Twins, visit: https://www.cdbb.cam.ac.uk/To never miss out on where your future is going, check out Technality's socials: https://www.instagram.com/technality/
2. Floating Back In Space With Chris Hadfield21:57Former Commander of the International Space Station. Best-Selling Author. Musician. Champion of the Future.Chris Hadfield sits down with Jacqueline Swan to look at how circling the Earth has given him a unique perspective to life. From the Artemis mission to facing your existential dread, Chris puts the world into perspective this episode. To learn more about Chris visit: https://chrishadfield.ca/Technality's socials: https://tap.bio/@TechnalityThank you for listening!
1. Season 2 Premiere: Saving Lives In A War Zone With Drones24:24A drone in a warzone usually brings thoughts of death & destruction. Company's like Draganfly, however, are looking to change that narrative. Currently drones are sweeping Ukrainian fields for mines, searching the rubble for survivors; and delivering invaluable medical supplies in record time. Join Jacqueline Swan as she sits down with CEO & President, Cameron Chell, to discuss how his company's public sector drones are changing the search & rescue game. Learn more about Draganfly: https://draganfly.com/Learn more about Droneaid: Ukraine: https://droneaid.co/Remember to subscribe to Technality wherever you listen to your podcasts. For more futuristic content, visit: https://tap.bio/@Technality
17. Season Finale: Hunting For The Truth About UFOs 🛸21:50Have you ever seen something...odd in the sky?Something you can't quite put your finger on?Well, NASA has which is why they're launching a new study to take a closer look at the objects we can't quite identify.Mike Wall, the Senior Space Writer for Space.com, joins Jacqueline this week to talk about NASA's preliminary plans to look into Unidentified Aerial Phenomena. Or, as you probably know the, UFOs.NOTE: This is the last episode for Season 1 of Technality. The podcast resume with Season Two on September 21st 2022. In the meantime, make sure you catch all the great content in S1!Technality's socials: https://tap.bio/@Technality
16. Scamming In A Post Pandemic World34:15The pandemic brought about a lot of changes. One of the biggest ones being remote work. However, while we've embraced the convenience of the online world for our day to day lives, so have cyber criminals. Since 2020, there has been a rise in cyber scams, and part of it to blame may be our approach to the online world. This week, Canada's Ethical Hacker, Terry Cutler, joins Jacqueline Swan to discuss how online scams have evolved, why billions are being lost every year, and how you can protect yourself from the being next victim. Learn more about Terry's Fraudster app here: https://www.cyologylabs.com/fraudster