#350: The Monkey Bars to Prosperity
Jon, B and Chicken rant about the Twins, half-heartedly argue about lotteries being fixed, rank parking lot beers and determine our Minneapolis mayoral candidacy positions.
View all episodes
#354: Dean Lowry in Stretch Khakis01:15:04Whoa hey it's our FAMOUS Vikings season preview episode. We cover it all: who's in, who's out, bros, turds, and wins. Then a few minutes on the Twins and Gophers at the end for good measure. Real, real quality content. We're all about the 'tent.
353. #353: A Gopher Football Preview, Filled With Opportunistic01:22:52WARNING: This episode is only for the Gopher football sickos. Jon is joined by his brother Dave and their fellow Gopher football nerd Shimul, and they run down the state of Gopher football, including an absolutely enormous amount of Remembering Gopher Football Guys. They go position by position with the team and week by week with the schedule, and for some reason former defensive coordinator Robb Smith keeps coming up, and if you don't remember Robb Smith then I'm not sure you'll enjoy this episode.
#352: Common Core Meth01:28:04One of our hosts got kicked out of a youth baseball game, to the delight of the other hosts. Then we talk State Fair, posting strat, the Montgomery dock brawl, the Twins, and making sure we check our smoke alarms before this upcoming Wolves season. We are so back.
#351: The Walk-In Jeans Freezer01:12:39Quick break from our summer vacation to talk NHL and NBA drafts, decide who's at fault for this Twins season (it's everyone), and recommend drinking a cabin beer over the weekend. Also we do a fun bit about Dahmer and use the word "lumbering" like 6 times for some reason.
349. #349: The Water Tower's Filled With 2% Milk52:04Stu and Jon talk through the crimes of Phil Cuzzi, the Loons' ongoing Emanuel Reynoso saga, and the geographic issues that the NHL won't talk about it. Plus, Stu's eyes glaze over as Jon talks about the NBA's silly in-season tournament, the population of San Antonio is discussed, and Stu's Top 6 brings back the great movies of 1998.
348. #348: Timberwolves Post- and Pre-Fury01:05:44The final episode of the Sportive "Making Up For Lost Time" trilogy is here. Jon and Brandon sit to, finally, discuss the end of the Timberwolves season, talk about what comes next, and get pre-furious about the Lore/A-Rod ownership era. Plus: An informative discussion of age-appropriate family vacations. Episode rating: ten cabin beers!
347. #347: Whiskey and Syphillis51:57It's part two of our epic three-night podcast residency. This time, Stu joins Jon to talk about the Vikings draft and to complain, or as the case may be NOT complain, about the current state of the Twins. Plus: the Top 6 Patio Beers, an inarguable ranking.
346. #346: It's Not An Allegation49:25After a long hiatus, we finally stopped trying to schedule the podcast and started just recording with whoever was available. This time, Jon and Chiken get together for a hockey-centric podcast. We kick dirt on the Wild season that was, talk about why the Wild might be screwed in the future, and read some Bill Guerin quotes to see if they make us mad... then go on to make fun of the rest of the Stanley Cup playoffs and the NHL either fixing or not fixing the draft lottery. But it's still too soon to talk about Gopher hockey.