Sober Sisters Talk
Dealing with Assault, the Past and Trauma in Recovery
M.G. and Elizabeth discuss their experiences around blacking out, assault and how we deal with past trauma.
October 22, 2018
Regarding our Podcast on "Dealing with Assault, the Past and Trauma in Recovery":
We apologize if our comments came across as victim-blaming, especially the comment about "if she hadn't had the beer maybe she wouldn't have needed to go to the bathroom (where she was then attacked)". One of our dear listeners pointed out that our focus needs to be on how not to rape women versus not how to get raped and that comments of these types can be damaging. This was not our intent and we regret any harm it may have caused.
Elizabeth and M.G.
View all episodes
31. Speaker Series - #3131:29We are so grateful to Elayne's sharing her story and her experience, strength and hope!!!
139. An Honest Conversation about STD's40:01THE LOST TAPES! Last year we had a few production hiccups while I was in school, and we have located several podcasts that Elizabeth and CeeJay recorded. You are in for a very intimate and vulnerable conversation with Althea and Wendy around STD's and their impact on our lives as Sex and Love Addicts.
30. Speaker Series - #3030:09We are so lucky to hear Margaret's story and her Unmitigated Gall to put BOTH feet in to her program.
138. New Zoom Meeting05:25Everyone! Our Zoom Meeting ID and password has changed. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the new information. It starts on March 3, 2023.
29. Speaker Series - #2923:49We are so grateful to Marlene for sharing her story with us all - thank you!!!
28. Speaker Series - #2823:55Elizabeth and M.G. think you are in for a treat with Karen B.'s story - lots of ESH!!!
27. Speaker Series - #2741:01Elizabeth and I are especially glad for you to hear our own Houstonian Amalia tell her story!
26. Speaker Series - #2629:12Elizabeth and M.G. are so grateful to Susan K. for her story and her service!!
137. Service!19:36Click below to go to the registration page for the 2022 New England Intergroup Fall SLAA Workshop THIS WEEKEND November 5! Elizabeth and I will be presenting topics as well. Thank you Olivia for all your service!!!!https://slaanei.org/event/fall-gathering-2022