Welcome to Serendipity Soup! The antidote to celebrity success podcasts.
Is this a make-or-break year for you? The pandemic and – in the UK at least – the huge rise in the cost of living has put a lot of people under severe pressure. It’s also making it tough to run a small business. And that’s where my guest for this special bonus edition of Serendipity Soup, Khrish Preston, finds herself.
I interviewed Khrish in September 2021 after we met at a campsite in Somerset. Don’t know if any of you suddenly discovered the joys of enforced camping holidays during Covid times? Anyway, she is an amazing chef and businesswoman, please do check out her YouTube channel and website in the links below to see some of her delicious recipes and more of what she’s up to. But she started her career as a conservation biologist, tracking wolves, tigers, gorillas and any other creature that made its home in remote and dangerous places. Then she switched to become a civil servant working in London, because why not? Then she switched again, moved to the West of England and set up her own restaurant, just as the pandemic hit.
There’s plenty more to Khrish’s story and you can find links to some of the things she and I talk about below:
- Khrish’s website: https://www.thealternativeindian.com/
- Khrish’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWkxYfSU2cgtU0gNa0-tStQ
- Wytch Wood Camping where Khrish and I met – well worth a stay! https://www.greenercamping.org/campsites/uk/england/southwest/somerset/crewkerne/105-wytch-wood-camping/
- Rebels At Work: https://www.rebelsatwork.com/
- The lion conservation project: https://thelastlions.org/