The Rose Woman
Peace In and Through the Body with Mark Whitwell
In this special Thanksgiving episode, join us as we rediscover unity through the profound teachings of yoga, featuring a thought-provoking conversation with Mark Whitwell, a seasoned yoga teacher with over four decades of experience. He draws inspiration from the teachings of T. Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar.
This episode guides us through a journey of understanding our interconnectedness and the transformative potential of ancient wisdom in contemporary life. Join us as we explore the relevance of yoga in addressing historical conflicts, envision religious education through yoga practices, and contemplate the power dynamics within ourselves. This Thanksgiving, listen in and immerse yourself in a conversation that delves into the heart of unity, healing, and the timeless wisdom of yoga.
In this episode, we cover the following:
- Living in a traumatized world: How do we navigate to this fact and the importance of lasting solutions in dealing with these challenges?
- The importance of yoga education for relief and healing
- Whole body breathing
- Addressing separation and fear
- Empowering individuals locally in a global context
- Challenging hierarchies, embracing unity of opposites and non-dualism
- The transformative power of yoga practices in shifting the energy within a group
- Intimacy with body, breath, and relationship
- Importance of yoga as a practice to promote receiving and harmony between genders in daily life.
- Mark’s vision of a global yoga community
- Heart of Yoga Mexico Teacher UnTraining - Main teacher Mark Whitwell teaches the yoga he received since 1973 from T. Krishnamacharya and his son TKV Desikachar, with the influence of J. Krishnamurti and UG Krishnamurti.
- Heart of Yoga Peace Project - an ongoing vision to bring Yoga to conflict zones worldwide
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
- Find Radiant Farms on Instagram @weareradiantfarms and on Facebook @RadiantFarmsLLC
- Listen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube
View all episodes
128. The Eye of the I (with Christine)32:51Welcome to The Rose Woman podcast, where we delve into the fascinating intersection of psychology, spirituality, and our connection to the world around us. Join us as we explore diverse perspectives, challenge Western paradigms, and rediscover our interconnectedness with the Earth. Listen in now for an enriching experience that will expand your consciousness and nourish your soul with your host, Christine Mason.In this episode, we cover:The interconnectedness of material reality and individual existence.Society evolving into a diverse narrativeThe evolution of philosophical and psychological views on the self.The diverse perspectives on the self, including Western, indigenous, and spiritual traditions.The impact of language, culture, and history on self-identity through the Western viewDifferent philosopher's studies and beliefsThe importance of understanding oneself within broader ecological and spiritual contexts.Neuro-Linguistic ProgrammingVarious traditions are humans' connection to the natural worldEmbracing an ensouled worldview can reshape behaviors and societal structures.Helpful links:Hildegard von BingenRené DescartesSøren KierkegaardFriedrich NietzscheGeorg Wilhelm Friedrich HegelRichard Bandler and John GrinderFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.Find Radiant Farms on Instagram @weareradiantfarms and on Facebook @RadiantFarmsLLCCheck out these Free E-books brought to you by Radiant FarmsListen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube
127. Sex and Rhythm: Transcendent Experiences in Intimacy35:19Welcome to our special Valentine's Day episode, let’s discover the profound connection between sexual experiences and transcendent states of consciousness, exploring the sexual trance theory and various practices. So grab your partner, cozy up, and let’s explore the wild and wonderful world of love and consciousness.In this episode, we cover:The idea of finding pathways to complete ecstatic blissRelational flow and sensory exploration practicesSexual healing: the significance of relaxation and patience in sexual interactionsThe connection between sexual experiences and transcendent states of consciousnessThe sexual trance theory and exploration of the physiological and psychological changes Importance of relaxation, safety, and ritual in enhancing sexual experiences Different research about altered states of consciousness and sexuality Erotic hypnosis, BDSM practices, and its role in enhancing sexual experiences on the concept of subspaceInsight into Kundalini Tantra and its use of sexual activity as a meditation or spiritual practiceSynesthesia in sexualityHelpful links:Benoit Lachambre Kathi Joy Margot AnandEpisode #73: Bearing Witness Series: Religion and the Feminine Adam Safron Transcendent Sex by Dr. Jenny WadeReverence: Creating Ritual in Modern Life by Christine MasonEpisode #114: Kundalini Tantra for Intimacy, Root ExercisesSong of Myself by Walt WhitmanFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
126. Single Hearted with Bella DePaulo45:17In our first show of the new season, we discuss "Single at Heart: The Power, Freedom, and Heart-Filling Joy of Single Life" with acclaimed social scientist and leading scholar of the single life, Dr. Bella DePaulo. Her groundbreaking, comprehensive, and totally unapologetic new book, #singleatheart, discusses the Joy of Being Single and the Movement toward Unmarried Equality. Her TEDx talk, "What No One Ever Told You About People Who Are Single," has been viewed more than 1.7 million times. Listen in and win a copy of her book, “Single at Heart: The Power, Freedom, and Heart-Filling Joy of Single Life” HEREIn this episode, we cover:Research Highlights: Challenging Biases and Stereotypes of being SingleStructural Disadvantages for SinglesWhat are the successful attributes of a person who is happily single?Difference between single life and having a romantic interest without being official partners?Strategies for Advocacy and SupportUnderstanding Single at Heart CharacteristicsEmbracing Single IdentityAlternative living arrangements beyond traditional partnershipsSingle parents who are single at heartSignificance of self-improvement and steering clear of detrimental mindsetsHelpful links:Bella DePaulo (Ph.D., Harvard University) has always been single and always will be. The Atlantic calls her “America’s foremost thinker and writer on the single experience.” Follow her on TwitterHow We Live Now: Redefining Home and Family in the 21st CenturySingle and flourishing: Transcending the deficit narratives of single lifeThe Alternative Unions Replacing Marital Contracts with the State (and the Legal Consequences)I'm 70 And I've Lived Alone My Entire Adult Life. Here's What Everyone Gets Wrong About Single People
125. Letting Go. Attachment, Fear, Desire. + A 6-Minute Light Meditation27:17In the final episode of 2023, we let go. Join Christine in an exploration of attachment, connection, desire, fear and grief. May the year ahead be filled with boundless opportunities and transformative growth.In this episode, we cover:- 2023 top episodes- Non-Attachment and suffering- Desire as a pointer- Identifying true joy and letting go of everything else- Aligning with the light and unconditional love - A 6-Minute Light Meditation sessionHelpful Links:Top 5 Episodes for the year 2023:1. Episode #116: Outgrowing Religion, Living as Embodied Love with Jim Palmer2. Episode #114: Kundalini Tantra for Intimacy, Root Exercises3. Episode #98: Predictable Narcissism; The Loving Game; Reweaving the Web - A Solo Episode with Christine Marie Mason4. Episode #96: Meeting Life's Impossible Challenges: Lorin Roche on Instinctive Meditation and the Radiance Sutras5. Episode #94: Intimacy for Earthlings with Special Guest, DessyTop Referred Episodes for the year 2023:Episode #118: The Five Hidden Love Questions with Dr. Victor FrankEpisode #95: Living with a Wide Open Heart, Friendship & Midlife with Open Nesters Founder Tessa KroneEpisode #117: Telling Stories that Matter with Maria SipkaEpisode #108: I feel love: MDMA's new chapter with Rachel NuwerFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman
124. Minding the Mind with Jonathan Schooler: Meta Awareness, Creativity and Impact43:45We invite you to listen in on an enlightening conversation with Dr. Jonathan Schooler, shedding light on his groundbreaking research at The META Lab (Memory Emotion Thought Awareness) at UC Santa Barbara about Mind Wandering.Dr. Schooler is a Distinguished Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences and the Acting Director of the SAGE Center for the Study of the Mind at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His research on human cognition explores topics that intersect philosophy and psychology. For instance, he delves into how fluctuations in people’s awareness of their experience mediate mind-wandering and how exposing individuals to philosophical positions alters their behavior.In this episode, we cover:What is Meta Lab's research on mind wandering?How meditation an effective technique for reducing mind wanderingThe Finding Focus AppWhat is Meta Awareness and how do we measure it?On drinking alcohol and its impact on awareness, creativity, inhibition, and the flow state.What is the difference between mind wandering and daydreaming?How are ideas forming?Exploring creative emergence in transitional statesThe importance of leisure and breaks to progress in creativity and productivity.Tip-of-the-tongue experiences aid in effective problem-solvingTips for finding focus and creativityHow to cultivate openness to experiencethe importance of cultivating curiosity and intellectual humility for personal and societal benefit.Helpful links:Jonathan Schooler - Read about the Inside and the Selection of IdeasFinding Focus AppKaplan CourseDRUNK: How We Sipped, Danced, and Stumbled Our Way to Civilization by Edward SlingerlandRobert StickgoldEpisode #63: The Science and Psychology of Sleep and Dreams with Tzivia GoverDavid GrossFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman
122. Devotional Sexuality and the Evolved Masculine with Destin Gerek57:31Let's embark on a transformative journey with Destin Gerek, a globally recognized leading voice in masculinity, sexuality, and personal empowerment. As a Certified Sexologist and the author of "The Evolved Masculine" he delves into the depths of sex, love, and personal evolution. He is the director of the award-winning powerful short film "Seductive Devotion", offering an inspiring alternative narrative in a society dominated by stories of male perpetrators and harm inflicted upon women. Through his flagship program, “Sexual Self-Mastery” he has trained over 2000 men to master their sexual energy and become attuned, evolved lovers. Destin guides men to harness their sexual energy, forging powerful connections with themselves and others. Join us for an in-depth journey into evolved masculinity and transformative revelations.In this episode, we cover the following:How did Destin was called to his workDestin as the erotic rockstar and exploring boundaries The journey to deep exploration into personal empowerment.The shift to The Evolved Masculine archetypeThe importance of integrating the healthy feminine aspect within masculinityThe pickup industryHow does the process of collaborating with someone unfold?On becoming a parent, embracing devotion and imperfectionsConnecting with the communitySexual Self-MasteryImportance of addressing shame and its compounding effect on sexual issuesShort Film: Seductive DevotionReconnect with one's body and experiencing life fullyHelpful links:Destin Gerek author of THE EVOLVED MASCULINE: Be the Man the World Needs and the One She Craves and host of Diving Deep with Destin, Sex, Love, and Evolution PodcastFree 60-min webinar training: Sexual Self-Mastery: Become the Best Lover She's EVER Had!Seductive DevotionFollow him on Instagram, Facebook, TiktokEvolved Masculine Facebook GroupEpisode #121 Peace In and Through the Body with Mark WhitwellWhat is Epigenetics?Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
120. Life as a ceremony with Jess Magic01:02:35We are delighted to have the incredible Jess Magic, she is more than a singer, Jess is a musical storyteller who creates compelling opportunities for people to interact with life from an open heart. In a world where so many are longing for deeper levels of connection, authentic expression, and intimacy, Jess weaves a "spell" of love with each song and story to reveal aspects of the human experience that crack open the hearts of those who are touched by her presence.As an emcee (a.k.a. "Mistress of Ceremonies"), a speaker, and a social entrepreneur, Jess Magic uses her voice and charismatic presence to break down barriers between artist and audience, giving people permission to drop the masks and be seen in their most raw, joyful and sincere expression. Jess brings a unique perspective that promises to inspire and resonate. Get ready for an enlightening discussion that blends personal insights with the spirit for the upcoming holiday season.In this episode, we cover the following:The power of ritual and ceremony creates intentional spaces that summon profound presence.Jess shares her journey of trusting her internal guidance system.On tracking feelings in the body and mapping them to meaningful directions in life.Signs that you’re moving in the right direction with your internal guidance system.Thoughts on holding a ritual space.What are the elements of a successful ceremony?The role of participants in a good ceremony.Creating authentic spaces and rituals within families and with the people we love.The power of co-creationCeremony in everyday lifeImpact of individual and relational behaviors on communitiesReimagining various aspects of life, from relationships to education and beyond.The importance of being in the right relationship with oneself, family, community, and the world.Thoughts on living a more enchanted and connected lifeHelpful links:Jess Magic - Connect with her on Instagram and Facebook for updates on the Muali ProjectFree Your Voice - A journey of innter authority and embodied expressionREVERENCE: Creating Ritual in Modern Life by Christine Marie MasonArticles on Rituals at the Rosebud Woman websiteSuzanne SterlingRobert BellahDamanhurFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman
119. On combat, hitting bottom and finding a way to the light: Veterans, Legal entheogens and finally coming home with Justin LaPree52:54Veteran's Day is a day of remembrance and gratitude. Join us today with special guest Justin LaPree, a decorated US Marine Veteran and a former Austin, Texas firefighter who has found healing and hope.After returning home from the Middle East, he struggled with a TBI, PTSD, and survivor's guilt, enduring everything from homelessness to opioid dependence. In 2018, he attempted suicide in the parking lot of his Austin, Texas, fire station. After his failed attempt, a friend suggested he read Michael Pollan’s How to Change Your Mind. After several experiences with sacred fungi and plant medicines, Justin's lost memories resurfaced, his suicidal ideation ceased, his PTSD diminished, and along the way, he rediscovered the truest form of himself. After 15 years of losing friends to suicide, Justin was determined to create a safe and sacred container for healing, connection, and transformation. In 2022, he founded Heroic Path to Light, a Texas-based nonprofit entheogenic church serving the veteran, first responder, and Gold/White star communities. Heroic Path to Light is currently guiding a courageous group of ten female veterans through a transformative 25-week program, with a pivotal week-long in-person retreat that concluded on October 20th. This retreat, specifically designed for women who have endured the traumas of sexual assault, provided a sanctuary for healing, self-discovery, and communal support. Within this sacred space, the participants engaged with ancient entheogenic practices, allowing for profound emotional and spiritual healing. As they continue their journey through the remainder of the program, these women are supported in integrating their experiences from the retreat into their daily lives. The commitment to nurturing a powerful sisterhood empowers participants to process and transcend their trauma, forging a path toward resilience and a renewed sense of purpose.In this episode, we cover the following:Justin shares his struggles, misdiagnosis, and journey as a Military Veteran.He reflects on the common experiences of veterans and first responders, emphasizing the importance of addressing mental health in these communitiesThe transformative psilocybin experience led to the creation of the "Heroic Path to Light."The organization was established to provide legal psychedelic therapies in the United States under the guise of a religious institution, utilizing legal protections for religious freedom.Heroic Path to Light's program is comprehensive, spanning 25 weeks and catering to veterans, first responders, and their families, with a focus on accessibility and affordability.The women's program addresses issues of sexual trauma and abuse among female veterans, emphasizing empowerment and healing.The organization's future plansHelpful links:Heroic Path to Light helps veterans, first responders, and Gold/White Star families heal, transform, and find purpose through community, connection, and sacred psychedelic medicine retreats. Their retreat experiences are enriched by comprehensive preparation and integration, and they foster a community where mutual understanding and shared experience thrive. All retreats are U.S. based, safe, and legal. They believe if you served America, you deserve to heal IN America. To Donate, visit this LINKHow to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan