The Rose Woman
Adventures in Embodied Truth with WomanSpeak founder KC Baker
Welcome to today's episode where we are joined by KC Baker founder of WomanSpeak, an international organization of women’s speaking circles around the world. She’s a women’s thought leadership & public speaking trainer and a speechwriter. Throughout this episode, KC shares her journey and unique approach to supporting women in finding their authentic power, connecting to their divine essence, and overcoming shame, fear, and self-doubt.
She has spoken and taught her unique body of work at the United Nations in Switzerland, was an advisor on Authentic Communication for Senator Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, and has supported women in speaking on stages like TED, Bioneers, the American Heart Association, Wisdom 2.0, and Emerging Women. She is also a mama, a stewardess of sacred land in Sedona Arizona, and a deep lover of nature.
If you're looking for ways to connect to your feminine wisdom, enhance your self-expression, and step into your authentic power, then you won't want to miss this inspiring conversation with KC Baker.
In this episode, we cover:
- What is the origin story of WomanSpeak?
- What is the difference between KC's approach and traditional public speaking coaching?
- The caress of breath practice
- The primal fear of being seen and finding internal safety
- What is fertile listening?
- The evolution of WomanSpeak through the years
- Sample of a typical local group session
- The velvet flow and female Qi Gong explained
- KC's present projects and initiatives
- How are we related as an individual and as a collective?
- KC Baker - Founder of WomanSpeak. Check out her Instagram @Kc.baker and Facebook @kcbaker007
- The Metier of Blossoming by Denise Levertov
- Lisa Betts-LaCroix: Artful Aging
- Episode #88: The Embodied Crone, Polarity and Archetypes with Lisa Betts-LaCroix
- Chantal Roelofs - WomanSpeak Circle Leader
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
View all episodes
116. Outgrowing Religion, Living as Embodied Love with Jim Palmer01:15:47Jim Palmer is the Founder of the Center for Non-Religious Spirituality. In addition to being a critically acclaimed author of six books, Jim writes columns and articles for professional journals and major publications. He is an adjunct professor of Ethics, Philosophy of Religion, and Comparative Religion. Jim is a Spiritual Director, Founder of the Nashville Humanist Association, and Chaplain with the American Humanist Association. Jim is a speaker, counselor and retreat leader in the area of religious deconstruction, recovery, and reconstruction.Founder, Center for Non-Religious Spirituality; Published Author; Adjunct Professor; Spiritual Director• The beauty of life and poetry. 0:00• Trauma, mental health, and faith. 8:10• Questioning Christian beliefs and identity. 13:12• Faith, heresy, and personal growth. 19:01• Spirituality, religion, and personal growth. 22:19• Spiritual healing and Christian theism. 29:20• Gender roles, religion, and identity. 35:48• The interconnectedness of all things. 43:49• Love, compassion, and reclaiming language. 49:46• Atheism, humanism, and spirituality without religion. 56:42• Spirituality, embodiment, and liberation. 1:03:16
115. Feel Yourself: Interoception. Connection and the Mind as the Body, with Saga Briggs45:49In today's episode, we are joined by Saga Briggs. She's an accomplished freelance journalist, known for her thought-provoking articles on the intriguing intersections of interoception and psychedelics. Listen in for a captivating conversation with Saga as we uncover the intricate links between our minds and bodies, offering practical tips for developing heightened body awareness.In this episode, we cover:“How to Change Your Body” title explained.What is Interoception?What leads us to disconnection?Can we predict our bodies?Mental health and body health conceptsWhat is Kama Muta?What are other reconnection practices?Thoughts on using different psychedelicsDecolonizing the bodyAuthenticity as a cure for disembodimentHow to develop awareness of your body?Helpful Links:Saga Briggs - Author of How to Change Your Body: The Science of Interoception and Healing Through Connection to Yourself and OthersTwitter @SagaMilenaArticles by Saga:Art May Be in the Body of the BeholderHow to trust your bodySocial InteroceptionReferences:How to Change Your Mind by Michael PollanYou Must Change your Life by Peter SloterdijkJournalist Emily Underwood on Brain-body connectionAntonio Damasio on consciousness and bodily feelingsInteroception researchers Andy Arnold and Karen DobkinsDecolonizing the Body by Kelsey BlackwellKama Muta: The Connecting Emotion by Alan Page FiskeDr Ros Watts on psychedelics and connectednessKristina Oldroyd on interoception and childhood developmentAudre Lorde's The Erotic as PowerMultidimensional Assessment of Interoceptive Awareness
114. Kundalini Tantra with Christine Marie Mason40:58Kundalini Tantra is an ancient art of harnessing inner energy for self-discovery, profound intimacy, and spiritual awakening. In honor of sexual health awareness month, we return to our roots- we talk tantra, love, sex, the root chakra and moolabhanda and the pelvic basin and so much more.We cover some Kundalini basics, including accessing and taming the energy coiled at the base of the spine, and some tantric practices like the three muscle sets in the pelvic basin. Christine also offers a how to on yab yum with a partner, as a beginning exercise.References and links:God and Sex: Now We Get Both by Mark Whitwell and Rosalind AtkinsonThe Encyclopedia of the Subtle Body by Cyndi DaleKundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda SaraswatiRosebud Woman Intimate Wellness ProductsRadiant Farms GummiesChristine on InstagramChristine's Books and stuff
113. The Protofield, Vibration, Intuition, and the Invisible Web with Christine Mason and Special Guest Stefanie Schwartz51:17In today's episode, we delve into the intriguing world of unseen energies, connections, and heightened perception. Christine, along with special guest Stefanie Schwartz, shares their insights on vibration and on perceiving energy. Listen in and get ready to embark on a journey to understand and appreciate the unseen forces that shape our world.In this episode, we cover the following:Living in the protofieldHow are we related and connected?What do Psychonauts see? What is Yantra? Frequency Resonance Energy Dynamics (F.R.E.D.)Art forms or ways that people are making the invisible visibleSensation, Vibration, Intuition, and MemoriesField awareness and the space betweenPart 2 (With Stefanie):In what ways does she see differently and why?What got her interested in energy, prisms, light, and vibration?Capturing and learning to see energyHow to soften your gazeInviting others into your shared visionHelpful Links:Stefanie Atkinson Schwartz - Multidisciplinary Artist, Photographer, and Biomimic Nature, Art and Creativity guide. Connect with her on FacebookSocial Emotional Education & Development of SelfINDIVISIBLE: Coming Home to True Connection by Christine MasonThe Immutable Laws of the Akashic Field: Universal Truths for a Better Life and a Better WorldFritjof Capra, Ph.D.Lynne McTaggartThe day my life changedTerence McKennaThe Creative Act: A Way of BeingBlink: The Power of Thinking Without ThinkingWe Are All ConnectedFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.womanFind Radiant Farms on Instagram @weareradiantfarms and on Facebook @RadiantFarmsLLC
112. Yoga for Self-Acceptance (and Menopause) with Gabriella Espinosa39:12In this episode, we have the pleasure of hosting Gabriella Espinosa, a Menopause & Sexual Wellness Coach. The discussion delves into various insightful topics, including Gabriella's personal journey, the influential teachers she encountered, and the diverse realm of Yoga practices. Listen in and learn from her experiences as she shares the holistic educational program she developed: "Movement for Modern Life." This program teaches yoga, breathwork, somatic, and nutritional therapy to support other women in demystifying and navigating the transition into perimenopause/menopause.In this episode, we cover:Gabriella's JourneyTeachers that influenced herDifferent Yoga practicesHow to approach changes when experiencing perimenopause and menopause Anatomy and YogaImportance of BreathworkMovement for Modern Life programPelvic floor and Bone health Helpful Links:Gabriella Espinosa - Menopause & Sexual Wellness Coach. Connect.with her on InstagramYou can find her Yoga for Menopause program on Movement for Modern LifeIyengar MethodAlaric NewcombeLeela MillerAnna AshbySally KemptonCarlos PomedaRichard RosenBill MahonyBKS IyengarK. Pattabhi JoisTKV DesikacharYin YogaPaul GrilleyDr. Loren FishmanAll About Love: New Visions by Bell HooksFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
111. Into the Shadow: David P. Cook on Integration, Transformation and Reciprocity01:23:46In today's episode, we are joined by transformation coach David P. Cook. Listen in as he takes us through the labyrinth of self-discovery, and we'll walk alongside him as he opens up on his past, his search for purpose, and his desire in a world full of opportunities and challenges. We'll explore the intriguing world of personal development, where David delves deep into various methodologies and techniques to enhance his understanding of himself and the world around him.In this episode, we cover:David’s Journey:Teachers he learned fromExperience with church and familyTeenage yearsOn finding purpose and desireThe personal development spaceVipassana MeditationUnderstanding Shadow Integration WorkFreedom CourseHelpful Links:David P. Cook - Transformation Coach, connect with David.S. N. GoenkaVipassana MeditationBrenda ScarboroughDr. John DemartiniThe SecretRamtha’s School of EnlightenmentAMI kidsWilson BarerraDr. Joe DispenzaListen to If Fire Comes by Christine MasonFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.Find Radiant Farms on Instagram @weareradiantfarms and on Facebook @RadiantFarmsLLCGet a Free Book and a Peek at the Purest Kava On Earth
110. Doing it Right: Blissipline, Discipline, Dogma37:08Join Christine in this solo episode as she discusses "blisscipline" and the harmful transformation of discipline into dogma. Listen in and learn about the importance of breaking free from oppressive environments and belief systems that create shame and fear of rejection.In this episode, we cover:A story of 2 tents: The preparing and experiencing a ceremonyInvitation in body love Finding the sweet spot between discipline and dogmaWhy it's hard to leave oppressive situationsSpiritual practices in the Catholic religionIn breaking free Inspirational quotes from Bell Hooks Helpful links:Mark WhitwellThomas Huebl and Collective TraumaEpisode #31: Healing Collective Trauma - Part 1Episode #32: Collective Healing in Women - Part 2 Episode #33: Collective Healing of Nature and Spirit - Part 3Episode #73: Bearing Witness Series: Religion and the FeminineEpisode #74: Bearing Witness Series - Clergy Sexual Abuse with Sandy Phillips KirkhamEpisode #75: Bearing Witness Series - Our Bodies, Their Battlefield with Christina LambEpisode #101: The Right to Leave, Aggressive Exes and Gracious Endings: A Solo Episode with Christine Marie MasonHealing from Collective Trauma at xtinem.comLetters on Power, Love and Womanhood at rosewoman.comFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman
109. Nourish, Reset, Love with Lisa Odenweller of Kroma Wellness46:47In today's episode, we are joined by visionary entrepreneur Lisa Odenweller, founder of Kroma Wellness, a functional nutrition company on a mission to simplify how people live their healthiest, most vibrant lives. Kroma offers premium on-the-go foods and beverages that deliver maximum nutrition with minimal preparation.Let’s explore Lisa’s journey to creating this company, along with the reasons why fresh and healthy eating has become challenging. Strategies for reclaiming time and incorporating healthy habits are shared, along with insights into Kroma Wellness' research and sourcing methods. Listen in and learn to design your own nourishing reset.In this episode, we cover:Lisa's Journey to WellnessWhy do we not eat fresh and healthy these days?How do we reclaim our time?The research, sourcing process, and methods used.On working with her daughter and the benefits of starting healthy eatingRecommended Kroma Wellness productsDesign your own nourishing resetHow did Kroma Wellness started?Helpful Links:Lisa Odenweller - Founder of Kroma Wellness IG @Lisa_OdenwellKromaWellness.com Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108. Listen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube
108. I Feel Love: MDMA's new chapter with Rachel Nuwer48:10In this episode, we have the pleasure of having Rachel Nuwer, author of "I Feel Love: MDMA and the Quest for Connection in a Fractured World." as a guest. She is an award-winning freelance science journalist and has contributed to prominent publications such as the New York Times, Scientific American, and National Geographic.During our conversation, we delved into the intriguing aspects of MDMA, exploring its history, varied uses, and the factors that propelled it to become both a therapeutic tool for therapists and a popular recreational drug. Tune in to this engaging episode and expand your knowledge of MDMA's fascinating narrative.Book Giveaway Alert! Listen to this episode and learn how to win a FREE copy of "I Feel Love: MDMA and the Quest for Connection in a Fractured World"! In this episode, we cover:Rachel’s passionsWhat is MDMA, its history, and its uses?How did MDMA come to be used by therapists and as a recreational drug?What do you experience when you take MDMA?How do you get into trial?Research in reopening critical periods and learning skillsWhat are the side effects and risks of using MDMAI Feel Love title Helpful links: Rachel Nuwer - is an award-winning freelance science journalist and author.Twitter: @RachelNuwer and Instagram: @rachel_nuwer MAPS - Multidisciplinary Association for PsychedelicHow a dose of MDMA transformed a white supremacistAustralia legalises psychedelics for mental health by Tiffany WertheimerThe Nine Gifts by Christine Marie Mason with Jeff Greenwald, Illustrations by Sammy KimuraPlayboy: Ecstasy Was Legal in 1984, and It Was GloriousRadiant Farms Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.